Team v Gold Coast | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team v Gold Coast

Yeah, you’d know more than the coaches clearly

Of course I don’t.

Just going off exposed form in the practice matches, training form, and pretty much his entire body of work last season on which, to the non-professional eye, he appears not to have improved upon.

But hey, I hope I’m wrong and he miraculously turns into the player we all hope he might be.

I guess we’ll have a better idea after the game.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe Dimma wasn't picking the sides after all. This has 2023 selections written all over it. Almost like they were picked out of a raffle.

Reactions: 1 user
Most on PRE know I have been very supportive of Junior when he copped a lot of flack last year but geez he didn't do much in the praccy games and overall during the preseason. Let's hope he chases, harasses and kicks some goals to warrant his place in the side.
Yep

It is an interesting forward line. Balta, Kosi and possibly Ryan/Naismith and then lots of small guys rotating through there In Bolton, Campbell, Rioli, Baker
I guess Taranto and Hopper will play forward at times as well.

So does fumbling :rolleyes:
I’m thinking there will be a lot of fumbling in this game - given the possibility of rain and then the humidity. Skills pretty much go out the door. All about tackling and getting the ball forward and scrounging goals.

At some point you can't keep naming the same young player as the sub. They're never going to improve like that.
Ross played only a couple of quarters against the Pies. Did he play against Melbourne? Interrupted pre-season. Let him build.

It will be Pickett
Better not be.

MoJu's development in the twos sacrificed for pressure in the ones.

Maybe Dimma wasn't picking the sides after all. This has 2023 selections written all over it. Almost like they were picked out of a raffle.
I'm not sure about the angst here.

There wasn't really much we could have done differently. Maybe Cumberland in? He's had a pretty poor pre-season post Christmas.

Steely Green? A late bolter that didn't quite make it to the line.

Lefau would be my pick to replace Koschitzke, but given where/how we got them, this was always going to be the first game.

That's all I can see. Given our unavailables this seems about right. At best, we could be revolving our fringe.

If Hardwick was still involved, Ralphsmith would be in, so we can see the improvement.

On one hand, you say Cumbo needs to show more and work for it but how do you explain Junior and Banks being selected in the side from their average preseason?
At least Cumbo kicked 3 and had 3 goal assists last week.
He has the same flaws that's why whinging and complaining and his body language in and out of games and let's not talk about his defense work. His been told about these flaws and even knows them. He kicked 3 in the vfl why wasn't he playing against the pies ?.

Banks deserves his chance he was injured against pies first off all and wasn't bad against the dees , his training reports have been good. Rioli I agree with you.

Humid, slippery conditions. Don't hate it. Maybe Cumbo for Ryan and we can crack in and give the Bondi Rescuers a run. Go Tiges.

Suns have towelled tup he Tigers last few games . Looking at the line ups Suns almost a replica of last year where the Tigers have Gib , Banks Campbell Kos & Naismith fronting up. Maybe Dimma will have the last laugh.

He has the same flaws that's why whinging and complaining and his body language in and out of games and let's not talk about his defense work. His been told about these flaws and even knows them. He kicked 3 in the vfl why wasn't he playing against the pies ?.

Banks deserves his chance he was injured against pies first off all and wasn't bad against the dees , his training reports have been good. Rioli I agree with you.
You are absolutely making sh1t up

Reactions: 1 users
No Cumberland the most disappointing selection for me.
And can’t understand the Maurice Rioli selection. Also very surprised that Ryan is on the extended bench.
We’ve gone very tall.
No Brown or Trezise either but not totally unexpected
Cumberland the biggest surprise. Can’t see Ryan playing especially in these conditions. Expect Cumbo to wind up wearing the vest.

How and why ?
He is very limited
I think supporters are being a little unfair on Maurice. To suggest he is very limited is incorrect. He is a little nervous from expectations and plays nervous hence the little mistakes. He will get it together at some stage and will become a great player. We just need to be a little more patient....

Reactions: 3 users
Well, back in the early 80s, who would have ever dreamed up that one day

We'd all be reading the team on thursday night,

On our telephone,

And whinging about selecting

Maurice Rioli?

Truth really does demolish fiction for weirdness.

Just shows; anything is possible if you want it bad enough.

Dear Footy/scientific Gods, please let humans breath pure c02 and evolve asbestos skin and gills and truth detectors and endure and let D.martin jr quicken our hearts, when teams enter the vascularity on our wings, at rejuvo hour, in 2047

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users