Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

Out: Butler, Soldo
In: Stack, Nankervis

Stack goes back, Baker goes forward.
Chop gets a tap on the shoulder and a reminder that he's not a starting 18 player, whilst Soldo keeps playing a whole game at VFL. If Chol choke, Soldo comes in the week after.

Pickett for Short. Club seems very keen to get him in.

Stack for Butler.

Nankervis for..... not sure atm haha

I don't know how anyone is unsure about who Nank comes in for.

Chol is the easiest out of the year. He has been better than I expected as coverage for Nank, but he still sleepwalks around the ground.

The Choldo contraction is more apt than it first appears, because we have been using two people to do one person's job. The problem is, Soldo has been doing 80% of it, while Chol has offered 20.

I reckon a few people are umming and ahhing about the same sameness of playing Soldo and Nank together. Yes, Chol is the outlier, and the point of difference, and I see the argument of him being able to give you more flexibility.

But I look at it a little differently. Nank is a better forward, better ruck, better midfielder, better wingman, and better defender than Chol. Nank is also a better midfielder, better defender, better forward and better wingman than Soldo. However, Soldo is a better pure tap ruckman than Nank.

So there is actual value in including Nank and Soldo, but none in Chol and Nank.

Essentially, if we right now throw Nank in for Chol, and Soldo continues as first ruck that is a pure upgrade on what we've had going for the last few weeks. If we go for Nank/Chol, we're balancing a but of upgrade with a bit of downgrade. Especially against the bigger rucks.

Whether or not Soldo plays from here on may be a bit of horses for courses, but Chol has no position if he is not being 20% of Nank.

It should be either Nank alone from here on out, or possible combinations of Nank/Soldo, Nank/CCJ, or Nank/Balta (probably unlikely).

Reactions: 5 users
I’m overseas and not really following much media apart from coming on here a bit,

Are we really that keen to rush picket in ?

I’m a little surprised by that .

Chol can't keep his spot with only 3 possies

Reactions: 1 user
It should be either Nank alone from here on out, or possible combinations of Nank/Soldo, Nank/CCJ, or Nank/Balta (probably unlikely).

I haven't heard much about Balta in the VFL, but I thought he showed a lot early in the year before tiring. I wouldn't mind giving him another shot next week. Offers the same 'point of difference' as Chol with a lot more upside.

A few options to consider.

Menadue is on fire in the vfl.
Mcintosh and Nankervis.
Ross in a couple of weeks.

Guy like butler soldo Chol Baker need to be on their toes.

Since we lost to Adelaide we’ve played 6 and won 6 with 26 players.

Not in last night were Cotch Stack mcintosh Eggles.

It has been a pretty settled squad.

At some point I’d like to make it 28 players with Nankervis & Ross.

Menadue is in some form too.

Dunno about next week, but before Sept, id like to see last nights side with

Out: butler short baker ellis soldo

In: stack cotchy ross pickett nank

Sounds like its Caddy or Kmac? Tough one

Yeah Baby!!!

Maybe Houli out, Short in.

Macintosh ain't coming in folks on that performance.

If stack is fit he comes in for butler.
Nank also to come in had a very good game.
Out for nank, cant split it between chol and soldo.

So I'm hearing Stack will be rested for another week. If so better to get it right and ready in time for the finals campaign. On that basis I would just bite the bullet and bring in Pickett for sure. Is there anything to lose?

So I'm hearing Stack will be rested for another week. If so better to get it right and ready in time for the finals campaign. On that basis I would just bite the bullet and bring in Pickett for sure. Is there anything to lose?

Well...the game?

Coburg Tiger makes some very good points about the ruck options. I like Chol and think he has a lot to offer but he is flakey.

From my observations from under a poncho at the 'G I'd be dropping Butler, Short and probably Chol. Bring in Nank fo Chol, possibly Markov for Butler and KMac for Short.

Pickett and Ross not ready yet, a couple more VFL games needed and looks like Stack needs another week of rest. To be realistic KMac is warming the seat for Stack.

DS

I believe there will be one change
In: Nankervis
Out: Soldo

Give Butler another game to settle in and see how he performs.
Stack get him 100% and freshened up for the last 2 games and finals

Really one player will cost us the game? By say replacing Butler with Pickett?
Oh look of course not, at least that game, those players.

But it's jut a lot seems to be expected of Pickett from what you read here, and it can seem rather overblown at this point, as if Stacks are falling from trees all of a sudden. If Pickett turns out to be fantastic, and it was some remarks from Kelly (Geelong) which made me pay a bit of attention, then great, absolutely. But he's hardly had a toe in the water yet.

Plus Carlton aren't as bad as they've been for years, and it is not a game we'd care to drop due to carelessness, complacency or whatever.

That's all.