Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
Sounds like they also rested their Cotchin and Stackie
This Allblacks team is just not that good , it’s ok , but not as good as the previous ones , having a man sent off hurt them in this game , but they have come back to the pack so to speak , results have not been great for 18 months

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Doubt it, when have we last used a tagger?

2017 GF Graham on Sloane. Prestia and Grigg also have played those roles in 2017.

Sidebottom in last years PF form warranted a tag at least during the game. And the Eagles tagged him out of the game the next week in the GF.

Why wouldn’t we employ a tagger?

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
This Allblacks team is just not that good , it’s ok , but not as good as the previous ones , having a man sent off hurt them in this game , but they have come back to the pack so to speak , results have not been great for 18 months
So maybe an open Wotld Cup? But better not get too involved on this thread lest we lose focus on a danger / gimme game day.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Carlscum have played some decent footy over the last two months. No Tross, Cotch or Dusty puts a hole in our premium leadership players, Stacka perhaps still carrying a niggle, Ross back in after half a game, unsettling the ruck system a tad with Nank replacing Soldo. I'll be happy to take a win this arvo, margin irrelevant.

Reactions: 1 user

kiwitiger

Jul 28, 2004
So maybe an open Wotld Cup? But better not get too involved on this thread lest we lose focus on a danger / gimme game day.
Yes very open , Nz , South Africa, aus , Wales , Ireland , England all in it with a shot

kiwitiger

Jul 28, 2004
The Irish showed the world how to beat the allblacks.
Ireland have won 2 from the last 3, South Africa have a win and a draw last 2 games , the lions drew the series, aus beat them last night , looking vulnerable.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Diver was rescued on 2nd August.
Diana was dead on 31st August.
Carlton v Richmond was 30th August.

Someone's memory is better than someone else's.

We played the Bulldogs on 2nd August and won by 15 pts.

Yeah memory is a funny thing. I've been certain on my recollection at times only to be way off. The Diana one though sticks in the mind as i was travelling up to the country for a weekend away with friends and losing reception trying to listen to the footy. I was keen to find out the scores. Funnily enough I was hopeful even though we were way down at half time.

When we arrived late Saturday arvo people came out to tell me the latest news (No not Harrison kicking the winning goal) but Diana crashing.

Zips has probably conflated two recent events into one. I travelled to Tianamen square in 1984 and was certain recently that the massacre occurred shorlty after my visit but it was in fact 5 years later. Like I said memory is a funny thing.

Also been watching some old footy clips recently and had no recollection of Michael Mckenna playing for us (neat lttle player) and didn't recognise Wally Lovett.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Flip side of this memory thing. We had a contractor come out to quote for some extension work about 15 years ago. I kept saying to him that he looked familiar and he sheepishly said he played a few games at Footscray in the 70s. He's told us his name naturally and I had an image of him running down the western oval wing in a game against us and I told him correctly what number he wore (even though he played a handful of games). Guy couldn't believe it and was instantly wary of me (probably as someone that could suss out dodgy work:))

If you asked me now for his name or number I wouldn't have a clue.