Team vs Carlton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Team vs Carlton

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
I suspect the late dusty out may have been planned , and may get into their players heads overnight and lul them into a false sense of security,

Hopefully the wet weather stays , nobody beats us in the wet
Did the All blacks rest their Dusty tonight?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Time to Derail the Teague Train.
I was at princess park in 97 when we came back after half time and we beat them. We knocked them out of the finals.
Gesh got the job and the rest is history.

**i will always remember that game because not only did we win but it was the same day Rescuers found Stuart Diver in Thredbo.
There was updates constantly on the score board

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Geez I hope so.

If we are looking to rest players, this is clearly the easiest game for the rest of the year despite Carlton improving. So, now is the time.

I think we will win but this is no gimme and I don't reckon the club is treating it that way.

DS

Agree, DS
It's no gimme and like you I believe the Tigers are treating this game as a mini final.
Potentially a pretty good game on paper, but I am confident the Tigers will get the job done.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Everything is possible, Zipps ... including beating the Eagles on their home turf.

Your more positive then me. I reckon we can but the umpires will screw us.
Our record when losing a game then rebounding the following week has been poor.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Your more positive then me. I reckon we can but the umpires will screw us.
Our record when losing a game then rebounding the following week has been poor.

That may be so, Zipps ... but come finals time everything goes out the window.
Umpires can only really screw us if it's close.
Tigers know when they travel interstate that if they can silence the opposition supporters by getting a solid lead then the impact of umpires is far less.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Time to Derail the Teague Train.
I was at princess park in 97 when we came back after half time and we beat them. We knocked them out of the finals.
Gesh got the job and the rest is history.

**i will always remember that game because not only did we win but it was the same day Rescuers found Stuart Diver in Thredbo.
There was updates constantly on the score board

Big day. Also the day Diana crashed in a french tunnel.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Big day. Also the day Diana crashed in a french tunnel.
Diver was rescued on 2nd August.
Diana was dead on 31st August.
Carlton v Richmond was 30th August.

Someone's memory is better than someone else's.

We played the Bulldogs on 2nd August and won by 15 pts.

Feb 25, 2007
Geez whats with the danger game talk? blues have been good of late but now they play real top-end talent eagles last week (loss) tigers today i have no doubt we will beat them, much better system and more talent across the park. We bring the intent and desire its all over. And then they play cats last round.
Have a look at their line up they ain't beating us and that forward line of theirs is too tall and top-heavy especially in the wet.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Isn’t there always a week off at the end of the regular season? If so why rest players with 3 games to go?