Tennis | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tennis

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Case of the yips for Ash in the second set. Needs to find her true form in the last set.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Seems like only two logical courses of action now.

1. Destroy the cup and have a new one made that hasn't be tainted by her touching it.

2. Sack the Captain for hanging around with her.

here I am shocked you didn't blame Brooke for Ash's loss

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Masterclass performance by Tsitsipas last night. Coming back from 2 sets down is almost impossible against Nadal.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Masterclass performance by Tsitsipas last night. Coming back from 2 sets down is almost impossible against Nadal.
Yeh, fell asleep after the first 3 sets and assumed Nadal would still win. Real breakthrough win for Tsitsipas. He could take down Novak (hopefully).

Nadal is all class, never makes excuses and always praises his opponents.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Just watching Ash play and it dawned on me how good it was with none of that 'ozzy- ozzy- ozzy' or the increasingly nauseating 'let's go so&so let's go'.... (them *smile* fanatics. ... a blight on society!)

Think the broadcasters should do us all a favour and forever have canned crowd noise whenever an Australian takes to court!
The Fanatics should be n the Hall of Shame.
But on another note no grunting or screeching by either Ash or her opponent.

Reactions: 1 user

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Well that didn't go according to script. She looked so good in the first set that I stopped watching and went back to work.
I am to blame, I made my sandwhich started watching at 2-1 second set and thought will finish this in the the time Ash takes to wrap this match up.......

• Haha

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Just watching Ash play and it dawned on me how good it was with none of that 'ozzy- ozzy- ozzy' or the increasingly nauseating 'let's go so&so let's go'.... (them *smile* fanatics. ... a blight on society!)

Think the broadcasters should do us all a favour and forever have canned crowd noise whenever an Australian takes to court!

Amen.

So many tennis fans are so lame, so kitsche.

Aussie Aussie Aussie ....zzzz...zzzz...zzzz.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Anyone watching the Djoker and Nadal semi? Awesome game. Amazingly setup with the djoker 2 sets to 1 up. The 3rd set one of the best ever.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Anyone watching the Djoker and Nadal semi? Awesome game. Amazingly setup with the djoker 2 sets to 1 up. The 3rd set one of the best ever.
Be a bit like watching Tiger and Phil going head to head on the sandscrapes wouldn’t MDJ ;)

Btw how does a player with Rafa’s incredible record be seeded at 3 ?

Last edited:

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
just as I called it the match went south and the djoker took him out reasonably easily in the end in the 4th. He will get past Nadal and Fed it seems in grand slam tournament totals.

Only played a couple of times on the sandscrapes, was an interesting experience. Once you got used to the pace they were good IIRC. Won a putter for the best net score at Goolgowi one summer about 35 years ago.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just watching Ash Barty at Wimbledon and have found the one positive from the pandemic. ...

NO *smile* FANATICS!

Reactions: 3 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Ash makes the semis..first time an Aussie female has made it in over 20 years.

And she's a Tiger.

The greatest all time shot of Ash watching Richmond, taken while the French Open Tennis was being played.

5563abc5b91098ab273176d782273357bf356fa9-16x9-x0y0w1304h734.png

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
An awesome display from Ash to win the semi final against Kerber, just one more win now.