Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

Fidst responder at the Flinders st "incident" was paramedic Rain Histen. She described it as a "war zone". She must be a "pleb" too....

tigertim said:
Fidst responder at the Flinders st "incident" was paramedic Rain Histen. She described it as a "war zone". She must be a "pleb" too....

Not necessarily. But has she been in a war zone? I doubt very much that Melbourne was a close 2nd to Baghdad, or Kabul or Syria. I accept it was probably difficult and unusual...but ...war zone? Probably not.This is the problem with media normalising rhetoric and hyperbole. Language is how we communicate. *smile* with that, you *smile* with everything.

Big talk there Knighter, what the hell do you reckon you'd do in that situation or what you'd think or how'd you cope.

It was probably difficult or unusual ...wow do you think so ? ................. you've got no idea unless you've ever been a first responder in such a situation.

If you have actually been a soldier in those war zones or lived in one then i accept what would be a perceived frustration.

KnightersRevenge said:
Not necessarily. But has she been in a war zone? I doubt very much that Melbourne was a close 2nd to Baghdad, or Kabul or Syria. I accept it was probably difficult and unusual...but ...war zone? Probably not.This is the problem with media normalising rhetoric and hyperbole. Language is how we communicate. *smile* with that, you *smile* with everything.
I vet what youre saying (people use "awesome" to describe watching tv!) but im not going to bag someone for using "war zone" to describe what wouldve been a horrific sight and i dont blame the "media" for simply reporting the words that interviewees use.

tigertim said:
I vet what youre saying (people use "awesome" to describe watching tv!) but im not going to bag someone for using "war zone" to describe what wouldve been a horrific sight and i dont blame the "media" for simply reporting the words that interviewees use.

I don't wish to diminish the job of ambos or paramedics at all. I hope I never need them but I love them all (been a big Christmas Eve here, might be a bit loose witb the 'love' but you get what I mean). But I feel there is still room to bemoan the deterioration of language and the use of hyperbole.

YinnarTiger said:
Had an enjoyable time at the MCG today. Although they let in some Muslims there were no terrorists that I spotted.

Stupid comment ........ wake up to yourself.

People were run down including innocent children and you think its apt to make smart arsed comments.

It was a comment directed at those on here who seem to believe that the solution to stop the nutters is to target adherents of particular religions.

craig said:
Stupid comment ........ wake up to yourself.

People were run down including innocent children and you think its apt to make smart arsed comments.

Gallows humour is an often practiced coping mechanism.

YinnarTiger said:
It was a comment directed at those on here who seem to believe that the solution to stop the nutters is to target adherents of particular religions.

All religions are a problem. Once they all die there’ll be a fraction of the violence we currently have.

CC TIGER said:
Talking to a mate at the pub Friday , he said his not going to the Boxing Day test simply because of terrorism , it’s a different world we live in.

True it is a different world now all over the globe CC. However I didn't go cause the Poms have already been terrorised by the Australians. Series is over.

Nothing worse than a queue jumper who tries to justify their queue jumping.

So Asaad decides to use chemical weapons on innocent people days after he defeats the rebels and Trump announces the US are pulling out?