Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

tigertim said:
Videos that show he was a “lone loony” and not a terrorist?

He was alone, it was unorganised, he behaved like a loony so yes plenty of evidence that the reasonable inference is that it wasn't terrorism related.

Well handled by the cops.

Dunno what to make of trolley man. Smart tactic but not sure he should have been involved at that point.

scottyturnerscurse said:
Well handled by the cops.

Dunno what to make of trolley man. Smart tactic but not sure he should have been involved at that point.
Agree, with cop comment pity they let this excuse raise his hand to them. He had a pretty clear intent from what I have seen on video.
As far as the trolley legend, some people see problems and act, others deny there is a problem and turn a blind eye. Thanks trolley man.

All you have to do is guess what date today is by numbers. Some fucknut wanted to create history....

jb03 said:
Saying now that the man was known to ASIO and has died. So maybe terror related after all.

Yes looks like. Very sad for the victims of this.

jb03 said:
Saying now that the man was known to ASIO and has died. So maybe terror related after all.
Graham Ashton has confirmed it was terrorism.

Police treating it as terrorist incident

Victoria Police have confirmed that today’s attack is being treated as a terrorist incident.

Chief commissioner Ashton said the attacker was known to police and federal intelligence agencies.

“What we know so far about the individual...from what we know we are treating this as a terrorism incident,” he said.

“We believe we have confirmation on the identity [and] there are ongoing investgations being conducted by counter-terrorism. I am not at liberty to disclose the identity of this person”

“He is known to police, mainly in respect to relatives that he has that are persons of interest to us. He is someone who is accordingly known to Victoria Police and the federal intelligence authorities”

He said there was no ongoing threat and would not share any further details of the attacker’s identity and motive.

tigertim said:
Graham Ashton has confirmed it was terrorism.

Police treating it as terrorist incident

Victoria Police have confirmed that today’s attack is being treated as a terrorist incident.

Chief commissioner Ashton said the attacker was known to police and federal intelligence agencies.

“What we know so far about the individual...from what we know we are treating this as a terrorism incident,” he said.

“We believe we have confirmation on the identity [and] there are ongoing investgations being conducted by counter-terrorism. I am not at liberty to disclose the identity of this person”

“He is known to police, mainly in respect to relatives that he has that are persons of interest to us. He is someone who is accordingly known to Victoria Police and the federal intelligence authorities”

He said there was no ongoing threat and would not share any further details of the attacker’s identity and motive.

Deport his relatives? I don't want them anywhere near here.

Tigers of Old said:
Deport his relatives? I don't want them anywhere near here.

To where ToO? May very well be born and breed here. Terrible event nevertheless.

Could be worse however - terrorism by a mad white Christian running around blasting innocent college kids with fully automatic weapons.

IanG said:
No simply waiting for evidence rather than have a knee jerk reaction
No, you didn’t wait, you knee jerked in saying it wasn’t terrorism.

tigertim said:
No, you didn’t wait, you knee jerked in saying it wasn’t terrorism.

You really want to say I told you so don't you. I said it was a reasonable inference on the evidence at the time.

IanG said:
You really want to say I told you so don't you. I said it was a reasonable inference on the evidence at the time.
I never said I did know. You’re the one boasting you know.

Crazed Looney with links going off solo and loony is a loony to me.

The prick that did the coffee shop in Sydney was a crazed Looney and despite how hard he tried to make it look like terrorism, it was ultimately 1 guy acting alone.