Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

spook said:
That someone who thinks Dutton would have been a fine PM sees himself as a moderate shows how far to the right politics has shifted in the past two decades.

100%. and that is the problem with modern politics. the Libs used to be centre right but are now hard right. Labor has taken their spot at centre right. and anything left of Labor is considered the "looney left." the political spectrum needs a correction.

Ian4 said:
100%. and that is the problem with modern politics. the Libs used to be centre right but are now hard right. Labor has taken their spot at centre right. and anything left of Labor is considered the "looney left." the political spectrum needs a correction.

I'd describe is as the public right-wing vote splintering and the conservative parties struggling to remain connected with a majority of demographics, let alone capture new votes.

Left is still left, only now it's almost fashionable.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Ah rubbish. He just doesn't have a friendly countenance and struggles to smile. A lot of people with only a passing interest in politics would be put off by that alone. People don't want their leaders looking grim. Leftist media would have a field day.

The leftist media are you kidding, Murdoch runs the media in Australia, he's so far right he doesn't have a left side.

LTRTR, you really have absolutely no credibility.

TT33 said:
The leftist media are you kidding, Murdoch runs the media in Australia, he's so far right he doesn't have a left side.

So leftist media didn't contribute to destroying Abbott? And Trump receives tremendous support from the media generally? Rightio...

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
So leftist media didn't contribute to destroying Abbott? And Trump receives tremendous support from the media generally? Rightio...

As I said in my previous post about credibility. You have just further reinforced my view.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
ou seem to throw around terms like left and lefties like it is some sort of organisation. What actually is a leftie?

Group think that fits this label doesn't really exist. For example someone may support climate action, or the rights of refugees but may be fiscally conservative as an example. Are they a leftie or a rightie or maybe just maybe they are an individual with their own views that don't fit your neat little boxes.

The trouble with group thinkers is that they believe anyone who doesn't share their views is a leftie or a rightie, it's become incredibly boring.

If you want a group think label try this one. There is a very large and growing cohort of people who won't vote LNP in it's current guise because of then influence of many who's views they abhor, don't like the ALP for it's reliance and influence from the trade union movement, see the Greens as one policy neophytes and are left with a ragbag of the rest. It's why independents are getting so many votes. Call them disillusionists, they are actually the biggest growing group in Australia. It's these people who are deserting the LNP in droves, it's these people who will have signed the anti Anning petition, voted for Karen Phelps and it's these people who will boot the LNP out in May. Many will vote for independents but some will vote ALP, not because they like them but because they don't see they have a choice.

In your world they will be lefties but they are far from it.

Sintiger said:
What actually is a leftie?

Alright then...

Off the top of my head, a lefty typically

- supports drastic action on climate change
- supports unfettered migration / open borders with a view to world government
- supports heavy taxation to pay for social works (especially if at no cost to themselves)
- believes "progressive" values should supplant traditional ones
- supports an Australian republic
- sees criminals and other non-achievers as victims
- believes in political interference over democracy to enforce their views
- big on ethics / personality, not so big on morals / character
- idealism > pragmatism
- is pro-abortion
- thinks Donald Trump is evil
- insists on his / her rights!

and may also

- support legalisation of drugs
- regard tax avoidance, shoplifting, fare evasion and other anti-social practices (such as eggings, if the recipient is deemed deserving) as fair practice
- regard an animal's life as equal to / more important than a human's
- regard religion as nonsense and the cause of most of the world's ills
- regard military spending as a low priority
- dislike / resent Australian culture
- support communist ideals

Admittedly quite a negative perspective, but...

You're all going to cry "Rubbish!" and point out contradictions. Yes, conservatives could possess some of those beliefs also.

I don't expect any of you to embody all of the above, but a few of the key ones makes you a certifiable lefty.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Alright then...

- supports heavy taxation to pay for social works (especially if at no cost to themselves)
- idealism > pragmatism
- is pro-abortion

and may also

- regard tax avoidance, shoplifting, fare evasion and other anti-social practices (such as eggings, if the recipient is deemed deserving) as fair practice

You're all going to cry "Rubbish!" and point out contradictions. Yes, conservatives could possess some of those beliefs also.

I don't expect any of you to embody all of the above, but a few of the key ones makes you a certifiable lefty.
I will make you feel good and shout RUBBISH, mainly because it is

I think I am a leftie/rightie by this definition

Tigers of Old said:
Ardern. Such a strong leader. She is absolutely brilliant.

yes she is.

to Trump asking her "what can the USA do to help?"

she reportedly answered "show love to your minority groups"

There is some tiny good to come out of these horrific hateful acts, and it can become less than tiny under good leadership

and that is to unite all the different types of kind people, and against that back drop, the nasty people stand out clearly for all to see.

Adern is clearly both a kind person and a good leader, who are sadly becoming increasingly rare

TT33 said:

The media overall is very much left of centre. The media regularly get shocked by election results like Trump, Brit exit as they all report 1 way.

Ian4 said:
Where is Pauline in all of this? absolute silence from her. While he might not be a member of One Nation anymore, she is responsible for bringing Anning into parliament and giving him a voice.

I can't condone Eggboy. the incident has distracted us from the real issue in exposing Fraser Anning as an absolute *smile,* embarrassment to our country, and how the feds need to find an element in the the racial discrimination act to charge him.

But gee this is a great post. :clap :clap :clap

Annings comments and the egg incident have already diverted the debate to free speech .... And not the terrorist act.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Alright then...

- idealism > pragmatism
- is pro-abortion

and may also

I think that is a very decent definition.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Nothing wrong with parental discipline. A lot of kids these days think they can do whatever they like. Given his attitude, Eggboy may well have stolen the egg from Coles.

And we'd be speaking Japanese. My grandfather's collection contains some currency that they intended to use here once Australia was conquered.

Super long bow to draw ...Anning equating his actions to those of truly brave men and women. Another load of bile.

PS I don't care where you are on a senate ticket but if you don't have more than 19 friends and relatives who would take the trouble to put you at 1 in below the line voting you must be one unbelievably unpopular prick.

easy said:
yes she is.

to Trump asking her "what can the USA do to help?"

she reportedly answered "show love to your minority groups"

There is some tiny good to come out of these horrific hateful acts, and it can become less than tiny under good leadership

and that is to unite all the different types of kind people, and against that back drop, the nasty people stand out clearly for all to see.

Adern is clearly both a kind person and a good leader, who are sadly becoming increasingly rare

I hope she keeps up the great work.

May she keep this momentum going and become a first class world leader for others to aspire to. Particularly for young Aussie females who need to be more involved in politics.

22nd Man said:
PS I don't care where you are on a senate ticket but if you don't have more than 19 friends and relatives who would take the trouble to put you at 1 in below the line voting you must be one unbelievably unpopular prick.

Exactly.

There needs to be a better way for preferences. For a start there needs to be transparency of where your vote preferences go to after your candidate is knocked out. Perhaps they can name and shame the parties who got this dangerous fool elected.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Nothing wrong with parental discipline. A lot of kids these days think they can do whatever they like. Given his attitude, Eggboy may well have stolen the egg from Coles.

I know the family. Eggboy isn't a great kid. Not sure how I'd feel if it was my son who did this. Better ways to approach it. Got 500,000 instagram followers though.. :spin