Terrorist Attacks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Terrorist Attacks

Coburgtiger said:
"I don't give a *smile* about what they want, who they are, or even who I'm fighting, I just want to fight. Especially if they believe different things to me." Usually the way wars start. And the reason they continue for much longer than they should.

Nonsense, it just makes no sense to let in potential recruits for the enemy.

It's such a goddamn simple concept that people must be too busy playing Pokémon Go to actually look at what is staring them in the face.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Antman there are dozens of groups that operate under the ISIS umbrella that existed even before September 11. I disagree with your assertion that the invasion created the monster; it just served to give it focus. It has hastened the inevitable - "flushed it out" as I stated earlier.

As I've said it was more the insurgency and the mismanagement of post-invasion Iraq that meant that ISIS was able to capture cities and create a caliphate that gave it the power it has (or had), but the actual facts about ISIS doesn't seem to interest you. The rest of your argument is frankly bizarre. If you think I'm arguing that we wouldn't have a problem with terrorism if ISIS didn't exist, then you are dead wrong.

I look forward to your next hissy fit and accusations of treachery though.

Don't worry, whilst I live in a Labor stronghold and One Nation wouldn't know how to run the country, they did at least speak to my concerns and therefore received my preferences. I'll abandon the Libs if they shift another step to the Left.

Media demonisation of the likes of Hanson & Trump does not mean they don't have valid perspectives, only that some people are uncomfortable with those perspectives.

Don't worry, in a free society I believe that people like Hanson should have freedom of speech even if they don't understand the way the world actually works.

Details yet to be confirmed...

The unidentified gunman was an 18-year-old German-Iranian who had lived in Munich for more than two years, Chief Hubertus Andrae told reporters.
A witness who will only be identified as Lauretta told CNN her son was in a bathroom with a shooter at the McDonald's. "That's where he loaded his weapon," she said. "I hear like an alarm and boom, boom, boom... And he's still killing the children. The children were sitting to eat. They can't run." Lauretta said she heard the gunman say, "Allahu Akbar," or God is great. "I know this because I'm Muslim. I hear this and I only cry."

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/europe/germany-munich-shooting/

I saw a year or two ago a result of a study on those arrested for any acts of terrorism or suspected terrorism since 9/11 in the US. I think it was published in the Economist but I will try and find it. The study showed that in the 13-14 years since 9/11 not one person admitted to live the US under any program for refugees or stateless people had been arrested for suspicion of terrorism or anything like it. The fallacy of banning muslim immigration or any refugee intakes from muslim countries is that it makes us safer. There is a very strong argument that it achieves the exact opposite because it creates a much greater divide between us all and disenfranchises the existing population . That is not to say that the US doesn't have a problem with some disaffected people aligning themselves with radical islam, just that the solution put forward will not solve the problem.

The fact is however that many more people die in the US from gun related violence that has nothing to do with radical islam and that many more australians are dying from domestic violence than from any violence from radical islam. Australian women are in far more danger from tanked up, bogun and violent partners than they are from a terrorist attack.

I have family members who are teachers and what they tell me some of the kids come out with about muslims that they hear from their parents is horrifying!!

I don't want to live like that so call me a leftie and a traitor but I don't care less , I don't listen to people who just give lazy labels. I am not going to live my life divided from my fellow human beings because some group of "Aussies" think they need to protect our Anglo saxon way of life. The real Aussie way of life is inclusion not exclusion, we are all immigrants apart from the indigenous australians and I for one love the cultural melting pot that creates.

Sintiger said:
The fact is however that many more people die in the US from gun related violence that has nothing to do with radical islam and that many more australians are dying from domestic violence than from any violence from radical islam.

Massive strawman. Please stop.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Massive strawman. Please stop.
I will make a deal with you LTRTR. I will stop if you stop.

I will also stop when you put as much effort into addressing the statistically proven more dangerous threats of violence as you do into this one.

Sintiger said:
I will make a deal with you LTRTR. I will stop if you stop.

I will also stop when you put as much effort into addressing the statistically proven more dangerous threats of violence as you do into this one.

Fair enough, I will stop after this. Until the next outrage at least. I mean, you'd trust this guy, wouldn't you?

366FAD9F00000578-3704112-Riaz_Khan_Ahmadzai_who_attacked_people_on_a_train_in_Germany_ear-a-24_1469237027419.jpg

After hiding in a lavatory on the commuter train, Riaz Khan jumped out, hacking indiscriminately with an axe and a knife at passengers. He maimed four tourists from Hong Kong, leaving two close to death as their skulls and bodies were smashed to pieces.

As Erik, a 25-year-old paramedic and one of the first to arrive at the scene from the medical centre in the nearby town of Ochsenfurt, told me afterwards: ‘When I climbed into the train, I could see blood everywhere. People lay on the floor. They had gaping holes in their heads, their chests, their stomachs. They are the worst injuries I have ever seen."

By then, Khan had fled from the train through the garden of a nearby house and onto a street. There, he spotted a woman walking her dog.

Shouting at her: ‘I am going to f*** you, b****,’ he attacked her before running to a nearby river and then threatening police with an axe. Eventually, he was cornered and shot dead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704112/Terrifying-price-Merkel-s-decision-teenage-refugee-s-axe-attack-German-train-passengers-Munich-massacre-grand-immigration-plan-isn-t-looking-grand-days-writes-SUE-REID.html

It's a stealthy, sinister and treacherous opponent we face. I'm pretty sure the jig is up for left-wing politicians in Germany.

I would be very cautious if going to Hong Kong or Singapore in the next several months as well.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Fair enough, I will stop after this. Until the next outrage at least. I mean, you'd trust this guy, wouldn't you?

366FAD9F00000578-3704112-Riaz_Khan_Ahmadzai_who_attacked_people_on_a_train_in_Germany_ear-a-24_1469237027419.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3704112/Terrifying-price-Merkel-s-decision-teenage-refugee-s-axe-attack-German-train-passengers-Munich-massacre-grand-immigration-plan-isn-t-looking-grand-days-writes-SUE-REID.html

It's a stealthy, sinister and treacherous opponent we face. I'm pretty sure the jig is up for left-wing politicians in Germany.
The list of murderers who look perfectly normal and act normally is a very long one.

Sintiger said:
The list of murderers who look perfectly normal and act normally is a very long one.

Yes it is. But relying on "background checks" at the borders to keep us safe is futile. Immigrants could lead an entirely blameless existence, only for extremism to appeal to their children.

I'll use this thread.

Another looney Gen Y or Gen Z.... or whatever the *smile* these useless *smile*s are....in Munich shooting people at random. Muslim or not, there's too many of these looneys around.

It's become a competition for 15 minutes of fame and the Badge of Honour for this *smile* in the head generation. All copycats trying to be better than the rest.

TigerForce said:
I'll use this thread.

Another looney Gen Y or Gen Z.... or whatever the *smile* these useless *smile*s are....in Munich shooting people at random. Muslim or not, there's too many of these looneys around.

It's become a competition for 15 minutes of fame and the Badge of Honour for this *smile*ed in the head generation. All copycats trying to be better than the rest.

Doesn't seem to be any political motivation for Munich. More in common with the spree killers we've seen here (e.g. Frankum, Vitkovic) and in many other Western countries.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Doesn't seem to be any political motivation for Munich. More in common with the spree killers we've seen here (e.g. Frankum, Vitkovic) and in many other Western countries.

At least Vitkovic had a motive, while these other duds need fame. Too many *smile*ing mobile phones daily with video games.

Awful scenes from Kabul. Isis trying to stoke up some sectarian violence there. Remarkably, the country has managed to mostly avoid it post-2011.

TigerForce said:
At least Vitkovic had a motive

If you call a grievance against a former friend a motive for shooting up a floor full of innocent people. He had a colossal stash of violent videos at home. Bona fide Nutjob whose parents attempted to conceal evidence.

I was at an all-day training course in Queen St that day. Hopefully that's as close as I get to one of these things. Parents were waiting out the front when I arrived home, blissfully unaware of what had happened. At least with the advent of mobile phones, people have a far greater chance of knowing what is taking place.