The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Right, then. The 2021 draft thread is up and about. We've examined Matty Clarke; he's gonna get some picks for the draft. But Blair might steal a few.

Narkle all but a done deal they say. Would have started in the guts for us today if he was on the list. Can we get him for one of our thirds? Might require a second. The guy can get it.

Dunstan polarises posters. Free. Can get it. Can stop a bad guy who has it. (Did Geelong players actually laugh as they brushed aside our tackles today?)

Cerra has his dedicated thread. Will cost the first of our magic beans.

Not sure we can afford all three salary-wise. Dunstan can earn more elsewhere, and probably will. We need to salary dump Caddy for pick 120. We might have to let KMac go. CJ is probably going, will fetch us around what we paid (pick 20), maybe better if demand is high.

We need a key defender to plug and play. There's the kid Schlensog doing well in the WAFL we could add as a DFA. Or we could inquire about Billy Frampton, reckon he's got interceptor written all over him. Him or Himmelberg's brother. Give the Crows a call.

Who else?

Interesting mate. We 100% need to beef the middle up.

Warming to Cerra. He will cost our first without doubt though.

Then Dunstan for me as a RFA and go to the draft with the rest unless a swing at someone for a late pick.

A lot depends on CCJ and Shai though. Either of those leave and all back on the board.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
The midfield is the worry. I am not sure any of the kids drafted after 2017 are going to be A grade mids. It's understandable when you don't get your first pick to the end of the first round.

We need mids who can get their hands on it.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Need to package our picks or pick and CCJ to either Gold Coast or GWS for pick around 4 or 5 and get Hobbs.
Your not giving away pick 8 or 9 and pick 20 Cj for nobody.
We never trade more then one pick or player, i can't see that changing this year.
Cj for Noah Anderson
GC 3nd rounder for Seedsman
Geelongs first for Cerra
We go into the draft with pick 8
Stkilda's 2nd rounder 28 and ours at pick 26.
We need to some how get Green out of gWS.
We need to do what we did at the end of 16. Brought in Prestia Caddy and Nakas.
That's exactly needs to happen this year.
**every time we add 2 or 3 quality players there is a spike in performance the year after.
Nathan Brown we were unbelievable til he got his leg Broken because Whelan dived on it.
Brodders and Butch Gale.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Green, Hopper or Taranto would be a great get.
Pick the eyes out of the franchises. They’re ripe for the pickings.
Hearing we’re into Paddy Dow from Carltank.
Ed Richards remains unsigned.

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Any of those 3 would be beautiful
Tarranto the best of the lot.
We need to be aggressive and start going after these types.
How can Geelong stooge players to go there.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We all know we need new players to come to the club.
But we need to off load.
My off load list.
Astbury & Houli retire/delist
Cathwaite Chol Naish delist
Ross, Baker, Short Trade
Keep Cj unless we get offered a Anderson.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
CJ is a must keep unless we're getting a ready made key forward. Jack is finished and Lynch has one healthy knee.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We need a big boost to our midfield with quality ball winners and skilled distributors and another 2 key forwards and 2 key defenders, even moreso if CCJ goes.

Our tall depth is nil in KP in regard to back up that can even assist.

Astbury needs to go around again next year because we have no one else apart from him and Noah.

Miller and Nyuon dont count unfortunately.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
The problem is this -

1) ideally we go to draft because we are experience and age heavy, clogging the salary cap

2) if we go to draft we ideally need plug and play midfielders, not more dev jobs like RCD and Dow

3) what does this mean for our game plan. We proved in 2015-17 that you can recruit to desired attributes to support a preferred game style. Will this change this year? What are we looking for and will the available kids be AFL-ready next year or require 2-3 years programming?

Reactions: 2 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I know Dow was very keen on joining us last trade period