The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Tigertool said:
Sure is. I remember being on that bandwagon. Ended up being rookied by the Dogs though I think.

He was a medium/key forward in his draft year, and now a midfielder. I think he's supposed to be pretty slow as a mid though.
If he is slow we might as well keep Miles. The whole point is to upgrade the list not swap like for like.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Not much has been said by the club about getting ruck support yet the JDM had Nank 13th and Grigg 17th. Something's gotta give then.

Bobble didn't make top 20 in the B&F either. That's damning. Dropped twice but played enough games to poll. He must feel the writing's on the wall.

Houli outside the top 20 too while Short was top 10. Fifteen games should have been enough to poll. Depth player next year.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
Not much has been said by the club about getting ruck support yet the JDM had Nank 13th and Grigg 17th. Something's gotta give then.

Thought that myself when I saw Nanks votes.
Would have thought your number 1 ruckman should be top 10 in a great year. The Nank battles hard but let's be honest, was down on form this year over last. Can someone verify this via stats?
Can he maintain the rage as an undersized ruckman or ultimately does he get replaced?

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Dont Argue said:
Thought that myself when I saw Nanks votes.
Would have thought your number 1 ruckman should be top 10 in a great year. The Nank battles hard but let's be honest, was down on form this year over last. Can someone verify this via stats?
Can he maintain the rage as an undersized ruckman or ultimately does he get replaced?

Was actually statistically better this year, only slightly down on tackles (0.5/game less) and gave away just over 1 more free per game than last year according to Footywire comparison

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Now that we have Lynch, we should get some cap space with the likely retirement next season of Grigg and Houli, who should Blair's next target be?

Josh Kelly would be a fantastic get, he's out of contract next year and would be a perfect fit.

Prestia, Lynch, aim high Blair, aim high.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Close to zero chance getting Kelly unless we trade out 1 or 2 of our good players.

Cap space obtained from Grigg and Houli finishing up would mostly go to us re-signing other uncontracted players.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005
SkillzThatKillz said:
Close to zero chance getting Kelly unless we trade out 1 or 2 of our good players.

Cap space obtained from Grigg and Houli finishing up would mostly go to us re-signing other uncontracted players.
whos out of contract next year? none of our top 6.
would possibly go to giving the up and coming kids like Higgins Graham some more coin??

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
SkillzThatKillz said:

You're probably right, although the current salary cap increased by over $2 million last time and expires in 2022, who knows we might be able to fit him in.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
keepa lids onit said:
whos out of contract next year? none of our top 6.
would possibly go to giving the up and coming kids like Higgins Graham some more coin??

Vlaustin and one other player mentioned by Balme a week or two ago.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Right, then. The 2021 draft thread is up and about. We've examined Matty Clarke; he's gonna get some picks for the draft. But Blair might steal a few.

Narkle all but a done deal they say. Would have started in the guts for us today if he was on the list. Can we get him for one of our thirds? Might require a second. The guy can get it.

Dunstan polarises posters. Free. Can get it. Can stop a bad guy who has it. (Did Geelong players actually laugh as they brushed aside our tackles today?)

Cerra has his dedicated thread. Will cost the first of our magic beans.

Not sure we can afford all three salary-wise. Dunstan can earn more elsewhere, and probably will. We need to salary dump Caddy for pick 120. We might have to let KMac go. CJ is probably going, will fetch us around what we paid (pick 20), maybe better if demand is high.

We need a key defender to plug and play. There's the kid Schlensog doing well in the WAFL we could add as a DFA. Or we could inquire about Billy Frampton, reckon he's got interceptor written all over him. Him or Himmelberg's brother. Give the Crows a call.

Who else?

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Need to package our picks or pick and CCJ to either Gold Coast or GWS for pick around 4 or 5 and get Hobbs.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Right, then. The 2021 draft thread is up and about. We've examined Matty Clarke; he's gonna get some picks for the draft. But Blair might steal a few.

Narkle all but a done deal they say. Would have started in the guts for us today if he was on the list. Can we get him for one of our thirds? Might require a second. The guy can get it.

Dunstan polarises posters. Free. Can get it. Can stop a bad guy who has it. (Did Geelong players actually laugh as they brushed aside our tackles today?)

Cerra has his dedicated thread. Will cost the first of our magic beans.

Not sure we can afford all three salary-wise. Dunstan can earn more elsewhere, and probably will. We need to salary dump Caddy for pick 120. We might have to let KMac go. CJ is probably going, will fetch us around what we paid (pick 20), maybe better if demand is high.

We need a key defender to plug and play. There's the kid Schlensog doing well in the WAFL we could add as a DFA. Or we could inquire about Billy Frampton, reckon he's got interceptor written all over him. Him or Himmelberg's brother. Give the Crows a call.

Who else?
Jarrod Lienert from port.
No star, maybe a handy, cheap, depth kpd. Out of contract and seemingly out of favour.
Age: nearly 27 Height: 195 cms Weight: 88kgs Games played: 23

I don’t think Garth has much to offer, Miller has got long service leave accrued without playing a game. Fills a positional need and is mid age group. Money all pick

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Any love for Mitch Wallis?
Decent player. Nearly 29. But surely would have a few years left in him. Good skills and footy nous.
Put some irons in the fire and ask.
UFA at seasons end.
Probably depends on the $price he wants and whether he’d be happier to stay in Melbourne or would a club like GC offer him a nice retirement package?

Reactions: 1 user

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Decent player. Nearly 29. But surely would have a few years left in him. Good skills and footy nous.
Put some irons in the fire and ask.
UFA at seasons end.
Probably depends on the $price he wants and whether he’d be happier to stay in Melbourne or would a club like GC offer him a nice retirement package?
29 already. Didn’t think he was the old. I think he offers more than Dunstan. Wallis can at least kick.

Reactions: 1 user