The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We can afford both.

We would have budgeted to pay Rance around $2m over 2020/21/22. We paid him 10% of that. We didn't bring in anyone else, so what did we do with that money? Brought some contracts forward. Paid down Lynch's back-end if we were smart. (Balme. Blair. Smart.) Maybe gave Tigga more up front on his new deal.

We can free up more money if we need to. Lots of uncontracted players. We'll give Caddy away for pick 200 to anyone willing to take on his contract. Houli may retire. We won't be paying Astbury past next year, or Cotch, Jack or Sheds for much longer either.

We can afford it. We've budgeted for it, in cap and picks.

We have Dustin Martin. We won't get another one for 50 years. Push the chips in.

Reactions: 6 users

silvertiger

Tiger Rookie
Aug 28, 2014
Sicily would look good in a Richmond guernsey.
Can play, and plays angry. Been injured so perhaps frustrated and coming back into a wood spoon contending club. Might be right for the pickings
Great call. I would throw a heap at Sciciliy. Gun player and what we need to replace Astbury.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Patrick Lipinski, there’s one I’d look real hard at.
Dogs supporters I know are big fans, just no opportunity in their midfield. 100% the one we should be chasing given our needs. Racks them up at VFL level.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
We can afford both.

We would have budgeted to pay Rance around $2m over 2020/21/22. We paid him 10% of that. We didn't bring in anyone else, so what did we do with that money? Brought some contracts forward. Paid down Lynch's back-end if we were smart. (Balme. Blair. Smart.) Maybe gave Tigga more up front on his new deal.

We can free up more money if we need to. Lots of uncontracted players. We'll give Caddy away for pick 200 to anyone willing to take on his contract. Houli may retire. We won't be paying Astbury past next year, or Cotch, Jack or Sheds for much longer either.

We can afford it. We've budgeted for it, in cap and picks.

We have Dustin Martin. We won't get another one for 50 years. Push the chips in.

I'm not convinced we do have the cash. if we do the club has done a stellar job of giving off the perception that we are close to the brim.

If we get both, I'll eat my hat.

Dogs supporters I know are big fans, just no opportunity in their midfield. 100% the one we should be chasing given our needs. Racks them up at VFL level.

To me, he's the one that can come in and contrubuite right away. I keep hearing people so slow, Marlion Pickett's not quick, Kamydn McIntosh isn't quick, Shaun Grigg wasn't quick. And I think Lipinski ran a pretty good beep test and has endurance. He can be our winger of the future.

Reactions: 1 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm not convinced we do have the cash. if we do the club has done a stellar job of giving off the perception that we are close to the brim.

To me, he's the one that can come in and contrubuite right away. I keep hearing people so slow, Marlion Pickett's not quick, Kamydn McIntosh isn't quick, Shaun Grigg wasn't quick. And I think Lipinski ran a pretty good beep test and has endurance. He can be our winger of the future.
Marlion Pickett is quick!

Lipinski is an interesting one. He can certainly play. His endurance is good. But he is slow.

Getting both Taranto and Cerra is unlikely but not impossible. Where did that Rance money go? As I said, @Redford is adamant we have money to spend, and he knows almost everything.

Once upon a time we were able to fit Dusty, Rance, Jack, Cotch and Dion under the cap, with Dion the cheapest at 750.

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
We have been pretty quiet at trade and draft table of late.

I’m with spook. We set ourselves for this off season.

A nitro boost mid dynasty.

Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

We’ve got a lot of cash. Only moderately over the 95%. We’ve banked the Rance money, we front loaded Caddy, Lynch and one or two others, JR and Chimp and Shed are on unders and we lost Brandon. We had a bucket load to use on not one but two key targets running into 2020 that never eventuated.

We still have that money up our sleeve, accounting of course for new contracts such as Shai’s, but the majority still exists.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
We have been pretty quiet at trade and draft table of late.

I’m with spook. We set ourselves for this off season.

A nitro boost mid dynasty.
Yep. You dont load up on draft picks for a rebuild when Martin still has plenty to offer.

This years trade period will be very similar to 2016. Get one A Grade player in, coupled with some good depth/impact players.

Cerra
Narkle
1st Round Pick
Free Agent

Set up and go again. We are not in the business to bottom out.

Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
We’ve got a lot of cash. Only moderately over the 95%. We’ve banked the Rance money, we front loaded Caddy, Lynch and one or two others, JR and Chimp and Shed are on unders and we lost Brandon. We had a bucket load to use on not one but two key targets running into 2020 that never eventuated.

We still have that money up our sleeve, accounting of course for new contracts such as Shai’s, but the majority still exists.
Apologies, Redders. I withdraw the qualifier 'almost'.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012

great as that sounds, I thought it was generally accepted / well known that Lynch's deal was heavily back loaded rather than front loaded..?

Reactions: 1 user

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
great as that sounds, I thought it was generally accepted / well known that Lynch's deal was heavily back loaded rather than front loaded..?

It was

Rance leaving early opened up the possibility of bring the payments forward. Working on the fact that would be the smart move and we have smart operators at the club

Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yep. You dont load up on draft picks for a rebuild when Martin still has plenty to offer.

This years trade period will be very similar to 2016. Get one A Grade player in, coupled with some good depth/impact players.

Cerra
Narkle
1st Round Pick
Free Agent

We got 2 A graders in 2016. Unless you dont rate Prestia.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010

Cerra
Narkle
1st Round Pick
Free Agent

Not convinced that's the way a few sides did that hasn't worked at all only fell behind even more only cats maybe but as if yet no flags.Hit the draft hard Cerra at the right price only.