The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

tigerfan1961

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 25, 2004
The points system is used for F/S and academy selections, it doesn’t reflect the value of draft picks. GC won’t trade pick 3 for a plethora of draft picks they don’t want.
Agree. They will only give up say 3 & 22 for 7 & 15, which is reasonable in my eyes if it gives us access to the player we want? Could then trade some of the second or third round picks to get back into the first round, as we will get additional picks if we release CCJ and when Chol goes

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Why wouldnt we trade the 3rd rounders ie 40, 44, 45 + Chol compo to the dogs?
And keep 26
Dogs don't care what picks they just need points to match an early bid
I think we only have two third rounders and Chol compo will probably be cancelled due to Tarrant. But we have plenty of picks to work with so there are many ways to get deals done.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Bloody hell - reading all these posts on swapping picks and people really beleave clubs will give up early picks to us for a bunch of late/mid ones giving us three to four picks in the first round . Anybody seend the movie Castle???

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Bloody hell - reading all these posts on swapping picks and people really beleave clubs will give up early picks to us for a bunch of late/mid ones giving us three to four picks in the first round . Anybody seend the movie Castle???
How else do the crows trade for Dawson?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
How else do the crows trade for Dawson?

The Dawson one is an interesting one.

I suspect Adelaide are putting feelers out there to find out their best option.

They could trade 23 to the swans who would probably want another 2nd with it.
They could trade 4 and 23 for Dawson and 12

I suspect they want to see if there is an option where they can retain either 23 or something else.

I agree that 15 and 17 might get us Pick 4, purely because on a cumulative basis Adelaide still probably end up with more.

I see them having these outcomes.
Pick 4 and Dawson / Lose 23 and next years 2nd
Pick 12 and Dawson / Lose 4 and 23
Pick 17, 23 and Dawson / Lose 4

I'd think the last is the best cumulative position for them, potentially the 1st, so I can see why they'd be looking.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The reason for us to trade up or into next year is clear, we already have too many picks and will likely get something for Chol and CJ.

There is a scenario (through various trades) where I think we can end up with 4, 7, 26 and 28 that we take to the draft, and adding an extra 3rd next year (Pies pick).

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
I'd be going after Dunkley from the Dogs. I know he signed up last year, but he is still not getting adequate time in the midfield and would be a great clearance player who runs both ways and at fair price.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I'd be going after Dunkley from the Dogs. I know he signed up last year, but he is still not getting adequate time in the midfield and would be a great clearance player who runs both ways and at fair price.
Can not kick. Under pressure last night he was horrible. Steer clear. Especially at the asking price.

Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Everything is pointing to us just playing around the edges and using our draft hand this year. The only thing we hear is that we may be looking to get a higher 1st rounder and the only thing we have done so far is replace a mature aged KPD who we didn’t want to lose with another.

I am happy with that, I know it’s a bit boring but we need to build stocks of quality young players

Last edited:
  • Love

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Everything is pointing to us just playing around the edges and using our draft hand this year. The only think we hear is that we may be looking to get a higher 1st rounder and the only thing we have done so far is replace a mature aged KPD who we didn’t want to lose with another.

I am happy with that, I know it’s a bit boring but we need to build stocks of quality young players

It’s more exciting than that Sinners - if we nailed Pick 3, got a plug n play Pick 15 and Tarrant plays a couple of years we are premiership sauce.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Ahhh, for the days when you picked players with the picks you had you did not need a math degree to calculate how to get a father - son prospect to your club.

Reactions: 3 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Other than GC and GWS I think it may have been a long time since a club has had more draft capital at its disposal than we do in 2021/22

Pick 7,15,26,28,40,44 +38 +45 , and all of our picks from next year as well at our disposal.
The way I see it we have enough points 5700, to end up with Pick 6, Pick 7, Pick 8 and pick 27, at least

I also think that having 8 picks in the top 45, maybe worth more than 5700 points in the trading market.
Having 18% of the picks available may also also create some monopoly like returns.
No matter what happens this trade period, clubs are going to come bidding on our picks for father sons and academy players.

We could theoretically end up with any draft pick we want, we have have enough draft points to drive any outcome needed.
This is a real once in a life time opportunity for the club. Its should be getting credit for getting itself in this position without actually losing anyone important.

There will be an incredible comparative advantage to the club that somehow ranks the players correctly this year due to the little game time enjoyed by the Victorian lads.
Richmond is all in on this draft, its a high return, medium risk play.

We are going to dominate trade week and draft night

Good luck Blair and Matthew.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
It’s more exciting than that Sinners - if we nailed Pick 3, got a plug n play Pick 15 and Tarrant plays a couple of years we are premiership sauce.
yes, don't want to give the impression i think it is the wrong thing to do because I don't. I just think we will be bit players in the trade period and any speculation about us being interested in players from other clubs is probably not going to be true.
Far more likely to trade out than in

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Other than GC and GWS I think it may have been a long time since a club has had more draft capital at its disposal than we do in 2022/23

Pick 7,15,26,28,40,44 +38 +45 , and all of our picks from next year as well at our disposal.
The way I see it we have enough points 5700, to end up with Pick 6, Pick 7, Pick 8 and pick 27, at least

I also think that having 8 picks in the top 45, maybe worth more than 5700 points in the trading market.
Having 18% of the picks available may also also create some monopoly like returns.
No matter what happens this trade period, clubs are going to come bidding on our picks for father sons and academy players.

We could theoretically end up with any draft pick we want, we have have enough draft points to drive any outcome needed.
This is a real once in a life time opportunity for the club. Its should be getting credit for getting itself in this position without actually losing anyone important.

There will be an incredible comparative advantage to the club that somehow ranks the players correctly this year due to the little game time enjoyed by the Victorian lads.
Richmond is all in on this draft, its a high return, medium risk play.

We are going to dominate trade week and draft night

Good luck Blair and Matthew.

It will be interesting to see where we end up.

If we are using 8 picks then there needs to be more list trimming. Only 4 open spots right now if Parker is given another year

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Will Brodie wants out from the GCS , never seen him play. What’s the knock?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jarrod Cameron cut from the Eagles but still with a year to go on his contract.

• Wow

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
It will be interesting to see where we end up.

If we are using 8 picks then there needs to be more list trimming. Only 4 open spots right now if Parker is given another year
Even though they're both contracted. There are rumours about Picket and Caddy leaving .. if true that would open up 2 more spots. Also, we have a few other players not signed up yet e.g. Garth etc Parker to the rookie list .

Teckor

Tiger Rookie
Nov 7, 2007
Will Brodie wants out from the GCS , never seen him play. What’s the knock?
Apparently Brodie is on a $400k p.a. contract. Barely played in the GCS senior side in 5 years. Not surprised GCS would trade him.

With a full list and needing to make way for 3 draft spots that they will use I wonder if some of their more top talent might come up in talks in trade week. Players that are say out of contract next year and likely to ask for a move back to Vic.

Seems that any of their picks are up for grabs with the right offer, especially for future picks.

They can also pre-list Academy players to the rookie list so have that advantage in their draft selections.

Last edited: