The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
I was going to type a 'take the p!ss post about the possibility of enticing Luke Dahlhaus and Shaun Higgins out of the cats despite them having a year left on their contracts, but i couldn't hit the keys property because of the tears of mirth running down my face.

Just imagine barracking for a club that not only fills it's list with geriatrics, but also completely ties the club up with no way to reverse the damage any time soon from this foolish strategy. I can only imagine they handed these contracts out just in case a rival club wanted to steal their old fellas from them!

It's mind numbing list management !

Reactions: 1 user

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
As usual ole Tiger Tantrum has the wrong info. Cameron has pulled the pin not the other way around.
King Wrong, I miss your match day meltdowns! “Ragghhh, it’s a stuffen disgrace, ragghhh sack everyone, ragghhhh”

From the AFL website:

Eagles to cut injury-hit forward, emerging defender inks new deal​

West Coast will delist small forward Jarrod Cameron, the younger brother of Brisbane star Charlie

Last edited:

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I reckon Vandenberg from Melbourne would be ok
Pack buster, faster version of Caddy

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Think the AFL will be hoping big time that they can get Clarko to the GCS next year.
Whatever $ it takes - could be the only chance to somewhat arrest the movement of star players back to VIC or SA/WA.

Not surprised the Bombers are going for King, he'd be a marquee player to add to the top 3 they selected last year, who all look high quality.
Sheedy (the fossil seems to be still quite vocal in footy at the Bombers) used to love the star forwards.

King will have a few options to choose from next year - Bombers, his brother and the Saints (will it work?), Hawks, Tigers, even Melb.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Other than GC and GWS I think it may have been a long time since a club has had more draft capital at its disposal than we do in 2021/22

Pick 7,15,26,28,40,44 +38 +45 , and all of our picks from next year as well at our disposal.
The way I see it we have enough points 5700, to end up with Pick 6, Pick 7, Pick 8 and pick 27, at least

I also think that having 8 picks in the top 45, maybe worth more than 5700 points in the trading market.
Having 18% of the picks available may also also create some monopoly like returns.
No matter what happens this trade period, clubs are going to come bidding on our picks for father sons and academy players.

This is a great post Niko, thanks for summing up the points/percentage state of play.

As well as the Saints, Essendon have also publicly stated they want more picks this year, their footy ppl say its a good draft - article on AFL website.

So ....Saints, Bombers (pick 11 then nothing until late 40s) reckon Port (nothing after Pick 16, hence Ladhams on the market), Pies (for Daicos) and Bulldogs (for Darcy) all searching for a 2nd/3rd R pick monopolised by a few (Tigers, GCS, maybe Brisbane, even Melb could make some moves).

So, even if a Club wants to trade a player hoping for a 2nd/3rd R'er (Ladhams, Brander, SPS, Ben Long, Lipinski, Clark, Max Lynch, etc), clubs interested in these players either dont have a 2nd/3rd R'er to use or desperately want to keep it b/c they havent got much else.

Once again, I'm just hoping Freo dont overpay for Clark - constantly *smile* me how Geelong get more for their players than they are worth. When they get 6 from Carlton, they may split 8 - watch Geesook get a late 1st R'er. :mad:
The Tim Kelly trade should be top of mind to Freo's list m/ment team.

Wonder if any club with extra $ in their cap (Hawthorn, Freo, North maybe) tries to get GCS's later picks of 22 and onwards (which GCS dont want/need) by offering to take GCS's players like Brodie and McPherson? And then moves up the order with those picks.
'Buying' pick 22/43, etc by helping them to dump 1-2 players' contracts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
This is a great post Niko, thanks for for summing up the points/percentage state of play.

As well as the Saints, Essendon have also publicly stated they want more picks this year, their footy ppl say its a good draft - article on AFL website.

So ....Saints, Bombers (pick 11 then nothing until late 40s) reckon Port (nothing after Pick 16, hence Ladhams on the market), Pies (for Daicos) and Bulldogs (for Darcy) all searching for a 2nd/3rd R pick monopolised by a few (Tigers, GCS, maybe Brisbane, even Melb could make some moves).

So, even if a Club wants to trade a player hoping for a 2nd/3rd R'er (Ladhams, Brander, SPS, Ben Long, Lipinski, Clark, Max Lynch, etc), clubs interested in these players either dont have a 2nd/3rd R'er to use or desperately want to keep it b/c they havent got much else.

Once again, I'm just hoping Freo dont overpay for Clark - constantly *smile* me how Geelong get more for their players than they are worth. When they get 6 from Carlton, they may split 8 - watch Geesook get a late 1st R'er. :mad:
The Tim Kelly trade should be top of mind to Freo's list m/ment team.

Wonder if any club with extra $ in their cap (Hawthorn, Freo, North maybe) tries to get GCS's later picks of 22 and onwards (which GCS dont want/need) by offering to take GCS's players like Brodie and McPherson? And then moves up the order with those picks.
'Buying' pick 22/43, etc by helping them to dump 1-2 players' contracts.
salary cap dumps will be a thing no doubt

As will teams looking to minimise the gaps between their picks so they can swoop on a player they rate.

Either way clubs will need picks, and we have about 20% of all the picks available.

We should be able to squeeze 6000 points from our existing position, even more if we get more than 38 for CCJ

6000 points is the equivalent of , Pick 4, Pick 5, and Pick 6 and Pick 45 in the draft

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
SEN Sam Edmund trying to lob Rory Lobb on Tige's.

Makes sense, lose a ruck forward because we haven't been given as much game time as he wants, then bring in another ruck forward who we won't play enough as we can't give him game time. :rolleyes:

I hope thats Edmund just being a tool as usual.

Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
After it was reported Richmond were insisting on an early pick for CCJ both Dal Santo and Goddard proposed a trade of CCJ and Pick 26 for Pick 20 this morning!

HTF do these mental giants get a gig on radio?

Reactions: 4 users

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
free yourself King Kong ....................don't listen to them and you will be free ...................

Reactions: 1 users