The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
I don't think we challange for the flag next year or the year after so I don't see the point of going after a "big Fish" for at least 2 more seasons.

The "big Fish" does more harm than good if you are not a genuine contender.

Reactions: 6 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Not a big fish but so many good mids for a r2 pic have gone down in recent years
Lipinski jack Steele Langdon to melb another . Surely gws or lions have some early draftees not getting a reg game , GC even

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I know it's only been one week but he was the leading possession getter for the Pies in a win, while we got creamed in the centre of the ground in a loss.

Cheap and surplus to the AFL's strongest midfield. It was no brainer and maybe we tried but I never even saw us linked
I never heard us linked. Lipnski will have a Shaun Grigg career at the Pies. 23, 2nd round pick with 50 games for peanuts.

Starting mid same age as Bolton & Graham and we weren’t sniffing around.

We weren’t in the running for Cerra and couldn‘t land Narkle despite him being a done deal.

We really didn‘t prioritise the midfield last year at all in the off-season. It’s bloody odd.

Reactions: 2 users

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
We can talk about who we want until we are blue in the face, the question is cap space capability.

Talk of getting Taranto, Cera and Narkle in one trade period was madness with an already tight cap.

Are we any better off next year? Dunno. Dusty and Lynch take $2 million on their own.
I understand where you're coming from but most clubs do this which is why I'm tired of this reasoning.

West Coast do the same with NicNat, McGovern, Gaff, Kelly.

GWS with Kelly, Whitfield, Greene, Coniglio

Carlton with ludicrous salaries for J Martin, McGovern, Saad, Cerra, Hewett.

Yet somehow, we are the ones who never have cap space. I refuse to accept it will be the case again considering Jack and Trent are in all likelihood retiring.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I understand where you're coming from but most clubs do this which is why I'm tired of this reasoning.

West Coast do the same with NicNat, McGovern, Gaff, Kelly.

GWS with Kelly, Whitfield, Greene, Coniglio

Carlton with ludicrous salaries for J Martin, McGovern, Saad, Cerra, Hewett.

Yet somehow, we are the ones who never have cap space. I refuse to accept it will be the case again considering Jack and Trent are in all likelihood retiring.
Ok we have cap space then? Why no interest in Lipnski, Cerra or even Hewitt?

We either have no space or can’t attract anyone besides Tarrant?

Roksman

Tiger Rookie
Feb 12, 2020
Ok we have cap space then? Why no interest in Lipnski, Cerra or even Hewitt?

We either have no space or can’t attract anyone besides Tarrant?
I think you misunderstood me, I'm referring to end of this season.

We should be very active in trade period for ready made mids.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I never heard us linked. Lipnski will have a Shaun Grigg career at the Pies. 23, 2nd round pick with 50 games for peanuts.

We weren’t in the running for Cerra and couldn‘t land Narkle despite him being a done deal.

We really didn‘t prioritise the midfield last year at all in the off-season. It’s bloody odd.
Narkle was a done deal according to who, big footy ,, did he even play r1

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Most clubs had no money. Hence the limited trades. Reckon we had enough for one mid priced player and chose Tarrant.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Most clubs had no money. Hence the limited trades. Reckon we had enough for one mid priced player and chose Tarrant.
Who I think was a bit of a knee jerk pick up. Miller needs to be played and assessed or he’ll be poached and Tarrant may not even be a decent player next year.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We couldn't lure a big fish because we extended careers of some players that should have retired.
I think this is part of it.

We asked a couple of players to reduce their earnings, and as compensation extended their contracts or told them we'd give them a golden parachute final season.
I don't think anyone would have disagreed with Cotchin if he'd retired last year. He looked cooked. And this year, despite the talk and optimisim, I don't think we'll get 11 quality games out of him, let alone 22. We'll see the odd game where he'll be a standout, but I don't think there's enough in the tank to go out with a bang.

• Dislike

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
I don't think we challange for the flag next year or the year after so I don't see the point of going after a "big Fish" for at least 2 more seasons.

The "big Fish" does more harm than good if you are not a genuine contender.
Exactly what happened when we went down the Kane Johnson & Nathan Brown path in the 2000’s.

Reactions: 1 users