The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

I know it is sacrilege, but I would trade Dusty to GWS. Retire Cotch Retire Jack
Recruit Tom Green + 1st round pick (or even 2 first) swap for Dusty

Recruit another elite midfielder and another midfield workhorse.

I absolutely love Dusty but his clock is ticking and his salary is huge.
Worst post I’ve ever read. Unworthy of even the game day thread when we’re getting smacked by 100 points. Need at least half a dozen gold posts from you to make up for it! Get busy:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
We are reacting to one loss as if the whole list needs rebuilding. We were smashed in the middle in that last quarter but we were in the game in the last. Need work on not allowing the opposition mids to just run free out of the middle and work on our discipline in not giving away multiple cheap goals from frees and 50s. Can't make a definite call on the season after one game. Next month will show where we are at especially against Melbourne and Bulldogs.

We are also reacting to one draft where most thought we needed multiple midfielders. Can't fix a list in one draft. Again need to look what happens over the next couple of drafts/trade periods to make a proper assessment. The best thing is the 5 taken last year have shown something and if just three of them take the steps towards A grade, this makes for a decent core of young players with Bolton Balta Baker Graham.

We may need to spend a few years out of the 8 but the possibility of a quick bounce is in place

Reactions: 2 users
I know it is sacrilege, but I would trade Dusty to GWS. Retire Cotch Retire Jack

Thought there was only room for one prankster on PRE but you’ve got Zips well and truely covered now.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

i think the only way you would even contemplate that, is if Dusty requested a trade to Sydney, otherwise trading out our generational and much loved player without his consent would be a culture and club killer, not to mention the uproar from the members. Million to 1 chance that ever happening

We are reacting to one loss as if the whole list needs rebuilding. We were smashed in the middle in that last quarter but we were in the game in the last. Need work on not allowing the opposition mids to just run free out of the middle and work on our discipline in not giving away multiple cheap goals from frees and 50s. Can't make a definite call on the season after one game. Next month will show where we are at especially against Melbourne and Bulldogs.

We are also reacting to one draft where most thought we needed multiple midfielders. Can't fix a list in one draft. Again need to look what happens over the next couple of drafts/trade periods to make a proper assessment. The best thing is the 5 taken last year have shown something and if just three of them take the steps towards A grade, this makes for a decent core of young players with Bolton Balta Baker Graham.

We may need to spend a few years out of the 8 but the possibility of a quick bounce is in place

Yep, what was the prognosis for Geelong after Round 1 last year?

Issues were exposed last week, but we lost to Carlton who have taken too long to get better, but they have been getting better. Plus, it is a long season and there will have been a lot of analysis of what went wrong in the middle in the last quarter and how to fix this, so I do expect there to be some strategies for addressing the issues.

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Obviously it was just one loss, but it is undeniable that the cubs have not stepped up.

Round 2 we need to play Ross in the guts and see if he can replicate his game against the Hawks in the final round last year. RCD needs to be played when fit (in the middle). Dow? If they cannot cut it, then we are on our way to a rebuild. The club obviously thinks they can do it. Otherwise they could have (and probably should have) recruited some more average to decent AFL midfielders that could have kept us competitive. For example, Dunstan, Lipinski, Phillips, and Greenwood were all available over the last couple of seasons and could have provided some cover.

Dogs supporters I know are big fans, just no opportunity in their midfield. 100% the one we should be chasing given our needs. Racks them up at VFL level.

Patrick Lipinski, there’s one I’d look real hard at.

I know it's only been one week but he was the leading possession getter for the Pies in a win, while we got creamed in the centre of the ground in a loss.

Cheap and surplus to the AFL's strongest midfield. It was no brainer and maybe we tried but I never even saw us linked

OUT OF CONTRACT TIGERS:
Trent Cotchin - Likely retirement
Jack Riewoldt - Likely retirement
Josh Caddy - Delisted
Kane Lambert - Serious injury concerns - if re-signed will be on significantly less coin.
Shane Edwards - 1 year extension
Daniel Rioli - Trade bait if he has a good season off half back?
Riley Collier-Dawkins - Hasn't kicked on as we hoped but re-sign for our age demographic / list build
Jayden Short - In negotiations for a new deal - doesn't want to explore Free Agency.
Liam Baker - Stays, no brainer

There are more OOC Tigers but I've only included those who are on "significant salaries" or are critical to our midfield issues.
This is important as it should be the first time in a long time where we have significant cap space to target the trade period for an actual 'big fish'.

OUT OF CONTRACT RIVALS:
Bailey Smith (WB) - The Dogs have a real squeeze happening, almost impossible to pry loose, but when's the last time we've made someone "an offer they can't refuse?"
Josh Dunkley (WB) - Tried to leave a couple years ago to Essendon - gettable.
Tim Taranto (GWS) - As above
Tanner Bruhn (GWS) - Very highly rated inside mid in his draft year - but a Geelong Falcons boy, who the Cats will be all over.

IN CONTRACT BUT WORTH ASKING THE QUESTION AGAIN
Tom Green (GWS) - If he keeps up this form, he's going to cost a lot.

OUT OF CONTRACT TIGERS:
Josh Caddy - Delisted
Kane Lambert - Serious injury concerns - if re-signed will be on significantly less coin.
Riley Collier-Dawkins - Hasn't kicked on as we hoped but re-sign for our age demographic / list build
Jayden Short - In negotiations for a new deal - doesn't want to explore Free Agency.

There are more OOC Tigers but I've only included those who are on "significant salaries" or are critical to our midfield issues.
This is important as it should be the first time in a long time where we have significant cap space to target the trade period for an actual 'big fish'.

OUT OF CONTRACT RIVALS:
Bailey Smith (WB) - The Dogs have a real squeeze happening, almost impossible to pry loose, but when's the last time we've made someone "an offer they can't refuse?"
Tanner Bruhn (GWS) - Very highly rated inside mid in his draft year - but a Geelong Falcons boy, who the Cats will be all over.

Good work R. Green, Taranto, Dunkley in that order. And the young boy from GC.

Hope there has been some long term planning.

The Dogs are the real club to exploit here, they have big contracts to extend and they're vulnerable.

Bailey Dale - Coming off an All Australian 2021 - will want a big pay day.
Caleb Daniel - will get massive offers
Tim English - WA clubs circling (Especially WC for life after NicNat)
Josh Dunkley - Almost left a couple years ago - gettable
Bailey Smith - Can they offer as much as other clubs?

The Dogs are the real club to exploit here, they have big contracts to extend and they're vulnerable.

Agree the Dogs are the ones most clubs will target. How long do they have of receiving the Treloar contributions from the filthy Magpies? ie. when do they have to fit his entire salary into their cap. Was it 2 years he still had left with the Pies or more?

Dunkley is the 1 IMO. I don't see the Giants allowing Taranto or Green to leave, but Hopper is the other one. RFA at the end of 2023.

Those are the 2 we should go after if this season goes down the pan. If we were to enter the 2024 season with a midfield quartet of Dunkley, Hopper, Sonsie and Bolton, we would be in much better shape.

*The only one worth chasing is Bailey Smith, he will never leave.
*Dunkley Is a clubs 4th best midfielder
*Dale is ok, but I look good playing at half back. Look at Short.
*Daniel and English are duds.

OUT OF CONTRACT TIGERS:
Josh Caddy - Delisted

OUT OF CONTRACT RIVALS:

Didn't we offer Treloar a offer to good to refuse?
We aren't high priority when it comes to player's wanting to play for us.
We have had more knock backs then the Toxic Avenger parting @ Santa Fe.
We need a injection of 2 or 3 simliar to the end of 2016.
Partiff?

Not sure what's Green old man doing but someone needs to remind him his son belongs at punt Rd.
We got shafted when GC and GWS entered the comp 12 years later they are still back dooring us.
If he was a son of a Carlton or Collingwood premiership player there would be no chance he would be playing for those bozos.

If the Banner this week doesn't write
'This could be your home every week Greeny,'
The cheer squad needs to fold.

Geez there's some sulking and irrational posting going on after 1 game.

After a decade of winning round 1 it's like some don't cope with losing a game.
Don’t agree. I think we all felt we were still a chance this year for some success but the pr
Is he Michael's grandson or son?
grandson. His Dad played in the Richmond u19’s alongside Ashley Prescott. He was a very good player but small and not very quick. Unfortunately got his Mums genes. She is the sister of Brian Sierakowski who played in Saints GF.

We can talk about who we want until we are blue in the face, the question is cap space capability.

Talk of getting Taranto, Cera and Narkle in one trade period was madness with an already tight cap.

Are we any better off next year? Dunno. Dusty and Lynch take $2 million on their own.