The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
'Selling the farm'...a colloquial football expression, meaning seriously overpaying for players that will supposedly radically change a clubs fortunes. In our case two years worth of first rounders plus other very valuable picks. And for what? (and yes the critics of the deal still do remember). So we'd be contenders again, not that we wouldn't bottom out and or provide 'hard bodies' as we 'rebuild'. That was the selling point that fans like you were creaming their pants over.

Anyhow, Taranto, well he has his faults, but his performance last year was good, at least up to the half way point. So can't complain too much there. Hopper on the other hand, for a top ten pick plus steak knives, for a player with his limitations, age and susceptibility to injury, on that kind of ridiculous contract, that's a 'S' show and a half.

And again I know you are a bit slow, but I don't know which players that we would have picked, but they probably wouldn't have been exactly the same ones that were eventually drafted. So it's a stupid point you are trying to make. But yeah, I'd take those Hopper picks back in a heartbeat even not knowing whom we would have selected. Much rather that than what we're stuck with now.
You missed the point that qty experience is required for the development of youngsters coming thru, in the absence of that experience teams just go in circles at the bottom of the ladder , and we would have a vacuum of experience in the middle post our dynasty.
once you acknowledge that , it all makes more sense

Reactions: 6 users

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Exhibit B:Tom Lynch
Very different scenarios. Free agent and one of a kind required to support Jack who had been battling it out on his own. Strategic rather than Hardwick trying to hang on - the list still had plenty of legs in it, and Tom was the missing piece.

Exhibit C: Wingard, O'Meara, Mitchell, Scully etc by Clarko trying to hang on rather than rebuilding properly.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
If, Bakes wants to back to to Wa, (i hope like hell that he doesn't want to) Blair should negotiate a deal involving Josh Treacy. Is still only 21 and has a lot of improvement in him.
Yeah, and a Victorian too so the “go home” factor.

Reactions: 1 users

rioli82

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2004
I don’t think Blair’s form has been good of late. He completely underrated Soldo last year. Small sample size I know but He is easily in Ports top 5 players this year. To lose Soldo and Pick 50 for Port and Freo future 2nd rounders (which will be deep into 2nd round) is way unders.
I’m still dirty that We also got bent over for Higgins and Butler.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If, Bakes wants to back to to Wa, (i hope like hell that he doesn't want to) Blair should negotiate a deal involving Josh Treacy. Is still only 21 and has a lot of improvement in him.
My man Treacy has kicked 3 goals in the 2nd quarter.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Treacy has taken 9 marks and is going at 100% disposal efficiency, there's a lot to like.

Reactions: 2 users