The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

No but all it’s done is starve of the inevitable of having to rebuild the list through the draft.
I just reckon Dimma asked (or demanded) for another chips in go at a flag and having 3 in 4 flags there was no way the club would deny him the opportunity. Smart men who should have known better lost their heads.
Disagree.Without both our midfield would be like lambs too the slaughter.There is a balance between going youth and shedding experience.As someone else has mentioned look at Haw & North.

Reactions: 5 users
We must keep Baker, Rioli and Bolton. They are our next gen leaders. Short and Graham can go.

I actually think our list, without horrendous injuries, is in pretty decent shape and after this year’s draft haul will be in even better. I will duck for cover now.:peepwall

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
Literally no one has made the argument for Richmond to slash their list as deeply as Norrh Melbourne did.

There has however been some interesting speculation around what the Tiges could receive in the way of return pics for a couple of their players with strong draft capital, (as a way of potentially expediting what is looking like a medium to long term rebuild at this stage)

And if the situation would arise (like with Baker), and not as a fire sale.

(Which I thought was the point of a forum)

And we also have some players on the list that you would expect the club would be looking at replacing over the next 1-3 years (possibly four)

(Grimes, Prestia, Pickett, Macintosh - in my eyes)

The North and Hawthorn comparisons are over the top and not a reflection of what has been discussed.
There are a fair few that want Bolton, Taranto and hopper traded.

Reactions: 1 user
There are a fair few that want Bolton, Taranto and hopper traded.
Taranto and Hopper are clearly needed as mature bodies in the midfield.

I however did raise my head above the parapet and state that I see the sense in trading Bolton, (should a big play have been made for him that involved 2 top 10 pics).

(Which was nothing more than pure speculation and realistically not achievable with the pics that the potentially interested parties have on hand).

We need an injection of higher caliber pics asap as I'm not a fan of trying to draft in any more established A-grade players as we will overpay to get them across.

I actually think our list, without horrendous injuries, is in pretty decent shape and after this year’s draft haul will be in even better. I will duck for cover now.:peepwall
Not from me, I agree. At least nowhere near the doomsday scenario we heard from some

Put Taranto, Hopper , Gibcus, Balta and Short as players with at least 3-4 years left plus Lynch to the team we finished the game with on Wednesday and we are a mid level team not a bottom team. We need to refresh the midfield and find a couple of key position players most of all

I am excluding guys like Prestia from that given he probably only has a year or two left.

The good thing about this year is that we are seeing development in others who will become longer term players.

Reactions: 4 users
I do love a crack at a mega trade :) Hows this one sit

Richmond In - Picks 11 and 14 and Treacy, Out Baker, 23, 42 and F 3rd
West Coast - In Baker, Pick 9, Out Picks 4 and 24
Fremantle - In McDonald, Pick 24, 42 and Rich F3, Out Picks 9,11, 14 and Treacy
Sydney - In Picks 4 and 23, Out McDonald

Who says no?

Reactions: 1 users

Who says no?
would do Treacy for Bakes 100%

Who says no?
Fremantle.

Reactions: 1 users
Fremantle.

What about if we flipped it slightly.

Richmond In - Picks 11 and Treacy, Out Baker, 42 and F 3rd
Fremantle - In McDonald, Picks 42 and Rich F3, Out Picks 9,11, and Treacy
Sydney - In Picks 4 and 24, Out McDonald

Any better, slightly less to us, more kept by Freo.

Maybe Freo wouldn’t be keen to let go of Treacy but they’ll need to give up something decent for Baker.

No way Freo does that. Think McDonald will stay at Sydney and don't think he's enough of an upgrade on Treacy to sell the farm for.

West Coast make out like bandits.

Would like Treacy and Lukocious and the best two mids we can get from the draft.

can you run that through your galaxy brain Posh and work out the numbers?

Also from Sydney's viewpoint they'd prefer to keep Bogan MacLonald.
A talented key forward who is blossoming and Sydney in the window. They have oodles of talent but need that big forward.
For that mega trade MacLonald would have to walk and Sydney would throw a bus to keep him

Also from Sydney's viewpoint they'd prefer to keep Bogan MacLonald.
A talented key forward who is blossoming and Sydney in the window. They have oodles of talent but need that big forward.
For that mega trade MacLonald would have to walk and Sydney would throw a bus to keep him
I agree, the one who might fall out of Sydney is McLean who is a decent player but not one you build a forward line around.

the only way McDonald leaves Siddey is if he requests a trade and they get JUH as part of the deal IMO

As an aside the emergence of Zach Guthrie should be a lesson on why you don't let players with lots of talent go when they are developing. His early career was 20 games in his first 4 years and I remember him playing very hesitantly and with no physicality at all initially, even playing slightly scared.
Players develop at different rates and it is why we should not be writing players off too early.
This type of player, one who has talent but is stuck playing VFL, is the sort that we can get with a money ball pick.