The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
We only currently have 3 list spots on the main list free. With signing Parker, we need to clear another list spot being as Soldo comes back off the inactive list.

FWIW, I think we delist only Egg and Garth.
Parker is a rookie. Same as Pickett (mid season draft)

That increases our rookies temporarily, which is why we have 7 at the moment.
With Eggs and Miller. If both of those go, we can downgrade a player to the rookies to create the space.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We need a backup ruck forward from sanfl ,wafl etc we're thin there can't rely on Ryan still young and Colina won't even be at the club till March if his ready.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
We need a backup ruck forward from sanfl ,wafl etc we're thin there can't rely on Ryan still young and Colina won't even be at the club till March if his ready.
I would say we need a cheap forward/ruck other than just a ruck. Cover jack and tom and nank and soldo all in one

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We only currently have 3 list spots on the main list free. With signing Parker, we need to clear another list spot being as Soldo comes back off the inactive list.

FWIW, I think we delist only Egg and Garth.
We lost Houli, Astbury, CCJ, Chol and Naish and brought in Parker and Tarrant so yes 3 spots.
Garthwaite and Eggy are goneski I would think
My understanding is that we are allowed a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 rookies ?
That would leave us 5 picks and given we have 6 picks in the first 40 you would think we are going to package 38 and 40 or swap with someone for a 2022 pick.
Unless we delist someone else of course but I don’t know expect that

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
We lost Houli, Astbury, CCJ, Chol and Naish and brought in Parker and Tarrant so yes 3 spots.
Garthwaite and Eggy are goneski I would think
My understanding is that we are allowed a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 rookies ?
That would leave us 5 picks and given we have 6 picks in the first 40 you would think we are going to package 38 and 40 or swap with someone for a 2022 pick.
Unless we delist someone else of course but I don’t know expect that

Agree 3 on the main list, Garth makes it 4. Egg is from the rookie list.

We are allowed between 4 and 6 Cat A rookies and between 0 and 2 Cat B rookies.

I'm still eying the Saints 2022 2nd pick for 38 and 40. We both gain, as we couldn't use those picks unless we delist Cumberland, Biggie or Miller (and then transfer someone to the rookie list). I don't expect us to delist those 3, so would be stoked with taking 4 picks inside 30 this year, and also have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds next year. Gives us flexibility to either continue to trade around with our picks, or go to the draft with what we have and then also have next year.

Reactions: 3 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

I'm still eying the Saints 2022 2nd pick for 38 and 40. We both gain, as we couldn't use those picks unless we delist Cumberland, Biggie or Miller (and then transfer someone to the rookie list). I don't expect us to delist those 3, so would be stoked with taking 4 picks inside 30 this year, and also have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds next year. Gives us flexibility to either continue to trade around with our picks, or go to the draft with what we have and then also have next year.
Yes aware Egg is on the rookie list so we would have to delist someone and re-rookie them which seems pretty standard procedure these days. Maybe Nyuon or Cumberland

the St kilda swap looks a good idea and would leave us with 4 picks in the ND which we may see as enough

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004

Nope Parker is a rookie. Blair mentioned it when announce he was given a contract for 2022

Actually was his manager - Parker's agent, Anthony Van Der Wielen of Empire Sports Management, confirmed his client would soon ink a fresh contract to remain on the rookie list into next season.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Nope Parker is a rookie. Blair mentioned it when announce he was given a contract for 2022

Actually was his manager - Parker's agent, Anthony Van Der Wielen of Empire Sports Management, confirmed his client would soon ink a fresh contract to remain on the rookie list into next season.

Then another rookie must have been promoted to the main list. We removed Soldo from the main list when we made him inactive and had a full rookie list of 6, so we must have promoted one of the other rookies at the same time.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Surely we draft at least 4 with the good early picks, and/or trade some picks for earlier picks next year.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Then another rookie must have been promoted to the main list. We removed Soldo from the main list when we made him inactive and had a full rookie list of 6, so we must have promoted one of the other rookies at the same time.
Soldo becomes inactive, he isn't removed from the senior list, he just isn't allowed to play. We were entitled to have an additional player as a result, who is listed as a rookie. The same as when Grigg was injured and Pickett joined.
We effectively had 7 rookies for half a year.
We do need to make room given we re-signed Parker, which is why Eggs or Miller need to go, or someone needs to be promoted if one of those two are re-signed.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yes aware Egg is on the rookie list so we would have to delist someone and re-rookie them which seems pretty standard procedure these days. Maybe Nyuon or Cumberland

the St kilda swap looks a good idea and would leave us with 4 picks in the ND which we may see as enough
We don't need to de-list anymore. We can simply move two players from senior list to rookie list without the formality of the drafts.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
We don't need to de-list anymore. We can simply move two players from senior list to rookie list without the formality of the drafts.
Clubs are still delisting and committing to re-rookie players. There were a couple announced this week. If players can be just moved to the rookie list I don’t understand why clubs would bother with doing it and in reality it just makes the rookie list useless.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
No idea whether it's a possible. But with St Kiddenme having seven players off their list, only pick 9 and some late picks plus some academy kids they might need some points for.
Why not stretch the offering a bit n go 28 - 38 - 40 for their pick 9 this year??
Gives them a snifter more points value, the capacity to replace some players or usable points they might need for their academy kids. Would also leave us with 7 - 9 - 15 - 26. I think I could live with that draft hand.

The_General

Staff member
May 4, 2004
Clubs are still delisting and committing to re-rookie players. There were a couple announced this week. If players can be just moved to the rookie list I don’t understand why clubs would bother with doing it and in reality it just makes the rookie list useless.
So Charlie Gardiner has been told, we're going to de-list you and make you a free agent so you can find another club for more opportunity. If you can't find a suitableclub, we'll rookie you.
If we wanted to keep say Cumberland, we could tell him "we want to utilise more picks in the national draft than we have list spots, so need to move you to the rookie list to create some space. We want you to stay with the club however, so we won't put you back into the draft and create all that stress on you."

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
So Charlie Gardiner has been told, we're going to de-list you and make you a free agent so you can find another club for more opportunity. If you can't find a suitableclub, we'll rookie you.
If we wanted to keep say Cumberland, we could tell him "we want to utilise more picks in the national draft than we have list spots, so need to move you to the rookie list to create some space. We want you to stay with the club however, so we won't put you back into the draft and create all that stress on you."
I think a couple of the Carlton guys delisted have been told they will be rookies as well

Last edited:

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Are some of these guys like Constable contracted? If they are, then they are being delisted in the hopes that someone else will take them off their hands. If not, they will rookie them. They will still have to include the difference between the contract and a rookie contract under their salary cap.

Even if they are not contracted and the club wants to keep its options open, they will delist them and give them the opportunity to try out again.

By my reckoning, we have 4 spots at this stage and 8 rookies, Aarts, Miller, Pickett, Stack, Mansell, Parker, Egg and Colina. Colina is a Category B rookie so he is outside the rookie list, leaving 7. We delist Egg and the rookie list is maxed at 6. Currently, we have too many and one has to go.

Unless Aarts is on the main list. Then we only have 3 spaces on the list. If this is the case, we can delist both Garth and Cumberland but move Cumberland onto the rookie list by delisting Egg. Or let Cumberland go too and pick up another rookie.

Either way, we can pick up six new players by delisting both Garth and Cumberland, or five if we rookie Cumberland.

I think.

• Wow