The Blair "Which?" Project | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Blair "Which?" Project

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
With Lynch still in his prime, and Balta and even Gibcus available, its a long way behind our need for another gun mid
Lynch hit his peak in 2019. One could argue he’s now in decline.
Balta and Gibcus are backmen as far as I can see.
Who do we have developing as a key forward in the twos to replace Jack?
At this stage Ryan and really can’t be sure if he’s a forward or a ruckman either

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
Lunch hit his peak in 2019. One could argue he’s now in decline.
At this stage Ryan and really can’t be sure if he’s a forward or a ruckman either
Duz to move KPF like Gazza Snr and trade for Charlie Curnow.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Lunch hit his peak in 2019. One could argue he’s now in decline.

You can 'argue" anything you want, but Lynch just turned 29.

Not saying a young KPF would not be on the agenda, but its way down the list of priorities when compared to an A grade mid

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Pity we didn't have one more spot on the list.

Would've loved to see what diamond in the rough (such as our Broady, Bakes and Marlion) Sam Cousins and Blair would've snavelled.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Pity we didn't one more spot on the list.

Would've loved to see what diamond in the rough (such as our Broady, Bakes and Marlion) Sam Cousins and Blair would've snavelled.
The Parker signing is the one that surprised me.
Whole hearted footballer but I don’t see him being in our long term plans

Reactions: 10 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
It’s a bit late in his career for him to tidy anything up I reckon Tigerman.
That's going to be the key for Parker to sustain an AFL career, but as you suggest Sintiger, trying to rectify such skills at this stage in his footy career may be a step too far.
Happy to be surprised and proved wrong, because, if nothing, Parker's endeavour can't be questioned.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That's going to be the key for Parker to sustain an AFL career, but as you suggest Sintiger, trying to rectify such skills at this stage in his footy career may be a step too far.
Happy to be surprised and proved wrong, because, if nothing, Parker's endeavour can't be questioned.
Yes. He is a wholehearted footballer Bullarto and you have to love that about him. I like players like that to be successful but I don’t see how we haven’t got others to play his role who have better foot skills

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Yes. He is a wholehearted footballer Bullarto and you have to love that about him. I like players like that to be successful but I don’t see how we haven’t got others to play his role who have better foot skills
It's an interesting recruitment. Juxtapose Parker against our five new draftees skills. Essentially only a few months apart in selection (or weeks if you consider him being re-rookied).
Not a consistent approach to say the least.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
It was only round 1, and RCD, Dow and................might come in and do well if they are given a number of games to prove themselves.

Sonsie looks like being a talent, but there can't be any doubt that we have an ageing and injury prone midfield.

Blair's number one priority should be to target a gun inside mid, either a free agent, or an unrestricted free agent. Either that or trade for a Zac Butters or the like.

Last edited:

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It was only round 1, and RCD, Dow and................might come in and do well if they are given number of games to prove themselves.

Sonsie looks like being a talent, but there can't be any doubt that we have an ageing and injury prone midfield.

Blair's number one priority should be to target a gun inside mid, either a free agent, or an unrestricted free agent. Either that or trade for a Zac Butters or the like.
Perfect chance last year
Had Coleman Jones and Chol wanting to leave trade for a mid.
Instead of pick 20 give us Simpkin
Instead of pick 35 give us Sexton, a true mid sized forward.
Really poor list management over the last preseason.
My set up wouldve been use 3 picks on kids
Then use the others to bring in ready made midfielders .

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It was only round 1, and RCD, Dow and................might come in and do well if they are given a number of games to prove themselves.

Your not getting Bulters more chance getting Green or Tarranto
Fingers crossed one of the 343 picks we had last November we find a Bulters or Zac Baliey

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Or concede our run is over and invest heavily in the draft. That's how we built this team and it's how we'll build the next one. It's the only way.

Reactions: 12 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I certainly don’t want to go down the hawks path - that would be soul destroying but I also don’t want to go down the lolnorf path either, but at a guess, I reckon lolnorf could rebound quicker than the hawks.

I reckon over time you would also find the geesook path extremely frustrating to, I know plenty of cats supporters that hurt real bad.

Oh what to do, think I will rewatch the 2017 grannie again, at least we got to lift the spirits.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Or concede our run is over and invest heavily in the draft. That's how we built this team and it's how we'll build the next one. It's the only way.
This is the way.

The club has tried rebuilding on the run but the reality is there is only so much you can do without high draft picks.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Couldn't agree more, we have had our golden run, these guys have been brilliant but we must start to build the next premiership team and the draft has to be the back bone of that re-build.