The Boss's Tiger Quiz | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Boss's Tiger Quiz

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
A discussion on a previous thread where we reminisced about the not so glorious days of the mid 80’s to mid 90’s (where we won a couple of wooden spoons and did not make the finals)was quite popular. So I thought I would organise a quiz to remind us of some of the "not so greats" who played for us during this time. See how many of these questions you can answer. If there are any questions unanswered I will provide more clues and give the answer this Friday at 2.00pm. Questions are from the top of my head so I hope I get them right!!!

1. Name 3 players to wear the Number 29 guernsey after KB?

2. Name 4 players that we have recruited from the West Coast Eagles?

3. In Round 1 of 1993 Adelaide thrashed us by close to 100 points and Tony Modra kicked a bag of goals. Who lined up on him and what Number did he wear?

4. Which player wore the Number 12 guernsey before Matthew Richardson?

5. Name 2 players who wore the Number 49 guernsey in a Senior game? (this is a tough one so I’ll give a clue -one played in the late 80s the other in the early 90s).

Good Luck
The Boss

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I can help with 2, but that is about it.

Ive got 3 so far from memory.

Todd Bremen, Brad Gwilliam, Ashley Blurton.

Steven Jackson is the other one.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I'll take a punt at 5 to oand say Adam Slater. I was thinking Ty Esler but wil lgo with Slater as one of them. Wasnt in Australia in the late 80's so got no idea.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Well done Shawry, question 2 is correct.

You also got half of question 5 correct. Adam Slater wore Number 49 in his one and only game against Adelaide in Rnd 1 of 1993. He's now playing for East Burwood together with Brodders, Sziller and Homewood. I saw him the other week and he looks like he's eaten a lot of Big Macs since he's left Richmond, he is one BIG boy!!

Does anyone know the other player of the late 80s to wear 49 in senior footy?

Foonge

Mmmmm, clangers!!
Jul 3, 2003
Mt. Waverley, Melbourne
Here are my answers:
1. J.Torney, T.Menegola and J.Pickering

2. as above

3. Was it Brian Leys and number 26??

4. It would be either Andrew Underwood or Peter Schwab.

5. The other would be Mark Stockdale.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Foonge great effort, 3 out of 4 correct.

Ques 1: Correct, Brett Mahoney also wore 29 (don't think he played a senior game)

Ques 3: Incorrect, it was not Brian Leys, try again

Ques 4: Andrew Underwood is correct, Schwab also wore 12 but don't think he played seniors???

Ques 5: Mark Stockdale, of all the spanners we've had play for us, this bloke is the Sidchrome. Well done on getting him right.

Question 3 is the only question unanswered.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Or if it's not Rampaging Scotty Turner my next guess would be the infamous Stuart Wigney No 19?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Andrew Underwood is a great bloek adn lives over the fence from one of my bosses. Glad to see him mentioned on this site. He always pops into the office here, is a great fella.

*My guess boss Andy Goodwin.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Paul Bullus or however his name was spelt. Number ? no idea, I'm getting old

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Bulluss was drafted in '93 i reckon so it couldnt have been him.

Wouldnt have been Brad Gwilliam or Johnny Howat by any chance.

Actualyl i will go with Jeff Hogg in the backlines.

Foonge

Mmmmm, clangers!!
Jul 3, 2003
Mt. Waverley, Melbourne
Boss, Looking forward to your next quiz. I'll rack my brain and try to come up with some newies.
If anybody else has some questions of this nature, love to try them!!

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
No, it wasn't Banik, Bulluss, Gwilliam, Howat or Hoggy
I don't think this bloke played Full back ever again, then again, he didn't play too many games after this one.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
YES, Alistair Bloody Scott, another high draft pick another dud. Started with Number 43, then wore 10.
Modra absolutely destroyed him.

Another Boss quiz tomorrow, stay tuned, bye for now.