The Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Coach

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
There were two parts to what I said. Support and stability. He's had to survive that dud Brayshaw and his magnanimous contracts. A change in CEO and a restructure of the football department. I wouldn't call that stability. The two go hand-in-hand IMO.

Let's clean out the list and see how he goes after that. For a number of reasons, some of his own making, I don't think we've seen the best of Frawley, and whichever way it goes, I hope he gets the chance to prove himself.

You know, let's give support and stability a whirl. It might just work.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Dean, Danny isn't good enough to become a successful coach, it is as simple as that.

Four years and what we are currently experiencing is Danny's total contribution to the club.

I am sure he thought he was doing the right thing at the time, but he should be judged on the end result like everybody else, and his end result is complete failure.

As for stability, no other club in the AFL would stand for the diabolical results that we have dished up over the past 2 years. Why should we in the name od stability??

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
RR - I don't presume to know whether Danny is up to it or not. I'm happy to leave that judgement to those on the inside. All I can say is that I don't think he's been able to coach under the best available conditions.

I have also said that, yes, he and the football department misjudged our list after the 2001 finals series. They've admitted that. Does Danny deserve to be sacked for that? Debatable IMO.

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Just wondering, what is the go with Terry Wallace at the moment? On an interview with Foxtel (back a few weeks when Richmond were winning) I heard him say that he HAD a job this year with a club (didn't mention who) but that the circumstances had changed. This appeared to confirm the rumours that Frawley was to be replaced by Wallace after a few rounds into the season.

However, now that Richmond are not doing so well I was wondering whether Wallace could again be offered the job??

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Terry Wallace is itching to coach us - I can hear it in his voice when he talks about us - he gets all passionate and romantic. I can see it now - wallace and coughlan holding the cup in 4 years time.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Tassie27 said:
Just wondering, what is the go with Terry Wallace at the moment? On an interview with Foxtel (back a few weeks when Richmond were winning) I heard him say that he HAD a job this year with a club (didn't mention who) but that the circumstances had changed. This appeared to confirm the rumours that Frawley was to be replaced by Wallace after a few rounds into the season.

However, now that Richmond are not doing so well I was wondering whether Wallace could again be offered the job??

Nice story but untrue.

The club can't / won't sack Danny due to the cost of paying him out and hiring a new coach.