The cruel reality of politics for Garrett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The cruel reality of politics for Garrett

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No problem with the banning of plastic bags. Paper bags are much easier to cut holes in and breath through when watching Richmond games.

ssstone

the mongrel plumber,and the heir apparent
Aug 11, 2006
ararat
Redford said:
No problem with the banning of plastic bags. Paper bags are much easier to cut holes in and breath through when watching Richmond games.
:rofl :rofl :rofl gold

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Not that I'm a particular fan of Japanese whalers but have to admit this article is pretty funny.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23060183-2,00.html

Mr Vasic said the men were tied to a radar mast for up to three hours in icy conditions before they were taken below. :hihi

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
evo said:
Not that I'm a particular fan of Japanese whalers but have to admit this article is pretty funny.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23060183-2,00.html

Mr Vasic said the men were tied to a radar mast for up to three hours in icy conditions before they were taken below. :hihi

Hmmm, greenpeace activists versus the Japenese whale harpoonists. Short odds about that result.

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
ssstone said:
now lets talk about disposable nappies?

disposable nappies have improved a lot, and many are now biodegradable. Some companies used to make money recycling disposable nappies, but that is pretty much dead now with the new generation not needing this kind of specialized treatment.

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
In all fairness to Peter Garrett, I don't think he fully understood what he was getting himself to when he joined the Labor party. My personal belief is that most politicians go into politics with good intentions but once in power, are told by those with influence how it's going to be and how things work.

The Labor party recruited him purely because of his popularity. It had nothing to do with his knowledge of the environment or whatever. They just wanted the votes. In this respect, Peter was probably a little naive.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
1eyedtiger said:
In all fairness to Peter Garrett, I don't think he fully understood what he was getting himself to when he joined the Labor party. My personal belief is that most politicians go into politics with good intentions but once in power, are told by those with influence how it's going to be and how things work.

The Labor party recruited him purely because of his popularity. It had nothing to do with his knowledge of the environment or whatever. They just wanted the votes. In this respect, Peter was probably a little naive.
That's bloody obvious. Big difference singing "blue sky mine" and running a ministery. Won't be long and he'll get clipped, served Labors' purpose, got his reward.
He'll be a premature ejection.

1eyedtiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 2, 2007
Of course it's bloody obvious. Anyone with with half a brain can see that. It's also obvious that there's no point people coming onto this forum and calling him a tool over it.

Seriously, what does this achieve?

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
1eyedtiger said:
Of course it's bloody obvious. Anyone with with half a brain can see that. It's also obvious that there's no point people coming onto this forum and calling him a tool over it.

Seriously, what does this achieve?
Seriously check the thread topic mate.
He should have known he was being used. I called him a tool because he is out of his depth, makes ridiculous statements and he should realise the fact, that its completely different having personal philosophies and being a Federal minister towing the party line.
Geez, is that a surprise to him?
He'd be better off as a backup dancer for a Spilt Enz cover band