The fallout | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The fallout

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
What is the fallout from a loss to the Bulldogs tonight? Anyone care to predict what may happen down Punt Rd way if we can't get over the bottom side?

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Maybe you should predict it Dean when some one else bites you then assume they are negative.......lets here you opinion and then I will give mine

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
You're very cryptic today Laff, not sure what you mean. It would be a boring old board if we all agreed to sack the coach every time something goes wrong!

If we get really thumped tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if Danny resigned. This whole memo stuff, a string of losses, feral supporters etc etc, might just tip it over the edge. Let's face it, it's happened all too often at Richmond, and the hallmarks are there again.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Dean3 said:
You're very cryptic today Laff, not sure what you mean. It would be a boring old board if we all agreed to sack the coach every time something goes wrong!

If we get really thumped tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if Danny resigned. This whole memo stuff, a string of losses, feral supporters etc etc, might just tip it over the edge. Let's face it, it's happened all too often at Richmond, and the hallmarks are there again.

Results IMO should not matter - its the way you play the game that counts ;D. I know it sounds corny BUT when Richmond wins, we seem to always win ugly, and when we lose we seem to lose to dud teams and can't snap out of these embarrasing losing streaks. This highlights that something is wrong - and results should have no bearing on the decisions and steps required to rectify this. If you pay attention to results then you will be deluded.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
The fallout will be that Biddiscombe, Rogers, King and Pettifer will either be retained or come into the team.

I hope the Western Bushpigs beat us so that they put the heat on Carlton for the wooden spoon again

lotus2

I'm a llama!
Jul 13, 2003
Its a coaches job to make sure his team doesnt lose 8 maybe 9 or 10 games in a row,4 yrs and the last 2 we have lost 8 or 9 in a row,,,,that is just not good enough ,Frawley will see out next year then Sheedy will coach the tigers from 2005,Greg Miller has allready drawn out the plan.......Sheedys ucmon home

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
We shouldn't be making decisions based on the result of
one game. Just because we are playing the bottom side shouldn't alter anything. Otherwise it is just reactionary and nothing new to the last 20 years. We should be using the next 6 weeks to plan for 2004 and the future. All decisions should wait until after round 22.