The First 12 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The First 12

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006
The First 12 is looking fairly settled...........which one do we get at 12?

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Wright
5. Durdin
6. Lever
7. Ahern
8. Weller
9. Moore (already locked)
10. Laverde
11. Pickett
12. Langford

Extremely disappointed that for the 2nd year in a row we have dropped from pick 11 to 12 due to Free Agency compo. At 11 I was confident we would get 1 of Laverde or Ahern. Now we may miss both. Langford is a modern player in the Mundy / Barlow size and type and a composed, courageous player with very nice hands. Would be happy with him though slight worry that he does not have a natural position

Very much hoping Weller is not only available but that we actually pick him @ 12.

My preferences in order are:

Laverde (likely won't be there but he is exactly what we need)
Weller
Ahern

I've posted elsewhere that I think the Frawley compo has adversely affected our chances of getting Laverde, Weller or Ahern. We were right on the cusp before, IMO we've been shunted over that cusp, particularly because it increases the likelihood that Carlton take Laverde due to the KPPs being gone, meaning GC will go with Weller early. Farcical really that we continually pay the price for the incompetence of both the AFL and other clubs.

I'm tipping

1 Petracca
2 Brayshaw
3 McCartin
4 Wright
5 Lever
6 Durdin
7 Laverde
8 Weller
9 Moore
10 Goddard
11 Pickett
12 Ahern

That's about the best we could hope for now. No chance of Weller or Laverde anymore IMO.

I actually think in light of the Frawley compo we should seek to trade down our picks with GWS. Assuming they trade O'Rourke to the Hawks for pick 19 and Jaksch to the Saints for pick 22, they'll have 19, 21 and 22. We should aim to get two of those. 19 + 21 for 12 + 33 or something. Then get Cockatoo and Blakely.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the footy department right now. I'm sure they have a contingency plan in place. I just have no idea who it is.

Stylo said:
Farcical really that we continually pay the price for the incompetence of both the AFL and other clubs.

Spot on. We have never ever paid the price for our own incompetence.

ToraToraTora said:
Spot on. We have never ever paid the price for our own incompetence.

:hihi

I mean in terms of our draft standing. Going through a rebuild during expansion and the advent of FA, our position always seems to be compromised one way or another.

PJ in Osaka said:
Would love to be a fly on the wall in the footy department right now. I'm sure they have a contingency plan in place. I just have no idea who it is.

Perhaps our recruiting dept have none of these top 12 in their sights and they may take someone roundly touted as a late teen or early 20's selection. Conca anyone ???

Stylo said:
:hihi

I mean in terms of our draft standing. Going through a rebuild during expansion and the advent of FA, our position always seems to be compromised one way or another.
Totally agree it seems like one step forward and 2 back through no fault of our own .it will be a great achievement if we can snag a flag .

GEDS1 said:
Perhaps our recruiting dept have none of these top 12 in their sights and they may take someone roundly touted as a late teen or early 20's selection. Conca anyone ???

In that case it would make sense for us to trade our pick 12 for 2 x early to mid 2nd round picks.

Stylo said:
I've posted elsewhere that I think the Frawley compo has adversely affected our chances of getting Laverde, Weller or Ahern. We were right on the cusp before, IMO we've been shunted over that cusp, particularly because it increases the likelihood that Carlton take Laverde due to the KPPs being gone, meaning GC will go with Weller early. Farcical really that we continually pay the price for the incompetence of both the AFL and other clubs.

I'm tipping

1 Petracca
2 Brayshaw
3 McCartin
4 Wright
5 Lever
6 Durdin
7 Laverde
8 Weller
9 Moore
10 Goddard
11 Pickett
12 Ahern

That's about the best we could hope for now. No chance of Weller or Laverde anymore IMO.

I actually think in light of the Frawley compo we should seek to trade down our picks with GWS. Assuming they trade O'Rourke to the Hawks for pick 19 and Jaksch to the Saints for pick 22, they'll have 19, 21 and 22. We should aim to get two of those. 19 + 21 for 12 + 33 or something. Then get Cockatoo and Blakely.
Cockatoo will go to North, if not picked up before. He is an absolute lock for them.

I think the Dees getting Pick 3 would have been assumed by all footy depts in their planning.

Baloo said:
I think the Dees getting Pick 3 would have been assumed by all footy depts in their planning.

Baloo - I agree as the AFL are truly biased when dealing with Melbourne, but it doesnt change the fact we will lose a place/spot in the draft.

Now i do not watch juniors but some here on PRE that do insist we could/will lose a considerable talent.. Either way it is very unfair.. But i agree i think everyone knew the dees would get pick 3

Mr Magic said:
The First 12 is looking fairly settled...........which one do we get at 12?

1. Petracca
2. Brayshaw
3. McCartin
4. Wright
5. Durdin
6. Lever
7. Ahern
8. Weller
9. Moore (already locked)
10. Laverde
11. Pickett
12. Langford

Extremely disappointed that for the 2nd year in a row we have dropped from pick 11 to 12 due to Free Agency compo. At 11 I was confident we would get 1 of Laverde or Ahern. Now we may miss both. Langford is a modern player in the Mundy / Barlow size and type and a composed, courageous player with very nice hands. Would be happy with him though slight worry that he does not have a natural position

Leysy will bet his left one that one of your top 10 will be available at pick 12 Maurice.

Will throw the right one in as well. ;D

I know its been said a billion times, but 3 for Frawley? Taking the *smile*.

Leysy Days said:
Leysy will bet his left one that one of your top 10 will be available at pick 12 Maurice.

Hope so but will we pick him is the question?

Leysy Days said:

Who?

WesternTiger said:
Brett Anderson thinks we are looking at Laverde/Ahern/Cockatoo/Weller.

Don't think we could go wrong with any of those 4 tbh.

Outside the top 5. I reckon it's a raffle. Even up to 20.

If Collingwood get five, anything could happen.