The Front Bar | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Front Bar

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Was lucky enough to be in the studio audience last night. Stoked when they told us Dimma was on.

Thought it was a great show.

Oh, and haven't watched the Footy Show for 15 years.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I really enjoy the Front Bar its a great show.

I laughed last night when Mick thanked Greg Williams for being on the show and said to him that he'd asked Carlton about payment, he then proceeded to hand Williams a brown paper bag as Carlton said that was what Williams preferred :rofl

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
It didn't occur to me that Andy Maher could be commentating test cricket until they mentioned the possible channel 7 cricket commentary last night. Then they threw up Basil Zemplis as another idea and I nearly threw up myself.

What a nightmare channel 7 getting the cricket is.

Thought the front bar was alright last night though.

I just don't get what Andy Maher adds to anything. He continually gets various sport media gigs, but who in the hell thinks the audience actually wants to listen to him? He's not interesting and he's wildly unfunny.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Great show. Laughed all the way through. Dimma was great.

Loved how Mick said he wouldn't make the show all about Richmond and then said "'let's talk about Carlton" and proceeded to hang *smile* on the scum for 10 minutes :rofl :rofl

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
tigersnake said:
can't work out if you're joking or not, they are the whole show right?
There are other regulars (Maher) on the show. Just comes across like a long comedy skit than a show.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Front Bar is infinitely better than the Footy Show. Maybe it's because one of the two comedians is a die-hard Tiger supporter and the other two regulars are die-hard Carlton supporters who have no comebacks whatsoever.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Front bar has a focus on footy, with jokes.

Footy show has a focus on jokes, with footy.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Tigertool said:
Front bar has a focus on footy, with jokes.

Don't use those words except as a warning to all members who want to 'send a message' to the club without thinking through the consequences.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Baloo said:
Don't use those words except as a warning to all members who want to 'send a message' to the club without thinking through the consequences.

Good pickup, Balooga. If I said it one more time in that post I would have summoned that terrifying moustached one.

I must be more careful in the future.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Yeah Mick and Pang are good.
They really bounce off each other.

Maher is a flog. Always has been.
Amazes me every time he asks a question he takes 3 minutes and 100 words to ask it (when it could be done in 10 seconds).
Really infuriating!

Dimmy was funny too.
Loved the look on his face when Mick told him he would be around later to help out with Mrs Hardwick!

Gold.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Bennnny said:
You can't have three funny guys. You need the straight Maher to feed the lines.

Exactly. It's a comedy and Maher is the straight man.
Reckon The Front Bar is everything The Footy Show wanted to be when it started, and to a large extent was.
TFS just got carried away with itself.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
The Front Bar at times reminds me of the old League Teams with a comedic bent. Mick and Sam are just naturally funny and spontaneous. IMHO TFS tries too hard to be funny and instead becomes puerile.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Bennnny said:
You can't have three funny guys. You need the straight Maher to feed the lines.
Correct, glad someone else understands this. And I don't mind Maher laughing at their clever & quick one-liners, adds to our laughter, especially when Mick said he'd help push Dimma's bottom up!

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
I find Maher pretty harmless - don’t get the vitriol.

Sam Pang’s a cunny funt and Molloy is just a mad Tiger kid at heart.

Bloody good show.

Williams was pretty funny as well I thought. What a gun he was.