The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Great team, great coach, great strategy, deserved reward.
Yeah it only took “the great coach” another 10 years to win a premiership with his “own“ team. How long did it take Dimma?

Once the rules were changed by their plant in the afl.

They also got special dispensation to sidestep afl rules regarding the ability to trade draft picks in consecutive drafts.

Plus they’re cheating the salary cap. Don’t worry about their vaunted “salary cap structure” or the “lifestyle” down there. The cheating bastards are being subsided with land and housing deals in other peoples names. Fact. The afl turned a blind eye, payoffs galore. Gill got a new polo horse and saddle. sHocking got serviced by Gill’s polo horse.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Why is there never any media controversy with these Pussies?

Using Ottens as an example, one advantage they've always had is for players who don't like living in the hustle & bustle of a city to play for them and live there which keeps them out of the media/fan spotlight a lot of times and relaxed. Their ground as a 3rd oval in this league is another advantage which seems unfair somehow.
So an accident of geography and history is cause for a flag?
there are more AFL listed players per 000 population around Geelong than in Melbourne.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
It's a tough one to rate historically. Some of the best finals we've seen in a long time and a grand final fizzer.

Geelong scraped in against Collingwood who just got rolled by Sydney. Geelong beat Brisbane by 71 and Sydney by 81. That's two dominant wins. The only time they got challenged they won by 6.

No one stood up to Geelong, last year Melbourne beat them by 83 points when they were in form. And Collingwood easily could've pinched that first final. I don't think Geelong at any stage smashed teams that were up and running. But it's hard to call a 12 and 14-goal finals win as anything less than dominant after finishing on top.
16 wins on the trot just a lucky streak?

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Chris Scott, yeah he showed us, great side, yeah fair enough, but he really is a grandstanding goose.

Reactions: 7 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
As much as I can't stand them they we're the best side by a mile didn't have lapses like us and deserved winners.

Reactions: 8 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
As much as I can't stand them they we're the best side by a mile didn't have lapses like us and deserved winners.

And they have been classy champions. As much as everyone here seems to hate them, they have conducted themselves really well.

The Auskick kid, the speeches,Sammy the water boy, the humour today, barely put a foot wrong.

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I’ve said it on here and got slammed but Joel Selwood and Trent Cotchin are the same footballers & people.

Good eggs.

Reactions: 2 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Reported that Pussies secret formula to keep under salary cap is to pay any player over 30 base payments
what a load of BS as if Duckwood Clangerfield Shovkins etc would accept such deals

Reactions: 1 user

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Reported that Pussies secret formula to keep under salary cap is to pay any player over 30 base payments
what a load of BS as if Duckwood Clangerfield Shovkins etc would accept such deals

Yep, I would be very surprised if Isaac Smith and Shaun Higgins moved there for base payments.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Look, we all know winning the flag isn’t a true representation of the best team and that winning a flag is pretty much luck so FU Geelong.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Geelong dropping Jordan Clark and playing Issac Smith in the same role tells me everything I need to know about what the future holds For them. Smith taking up more salary cap & taking games away from Clark is criminal.
What a cracker.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user