The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
And they have been classy champions. As much as everyone here seems to hate them, they have conducted themselves really well.

The Auskick kid, the speeches,Sammy the water boy, the humour today, barely put a foot wrong.
Yeh, they've done it well. Shown a bit of humility and respect. Kudos.

Other than Stewarts efforts and some of Scott's self-praising work. Stewart is a *smile* and Scott Mr false modesty.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Chris Scott, yeah he showed us, great side, yeah fair enough, but he really is a grandstanding goose.
The harder he tries to be likeable the less likeable he is. Can you imagine him at a dinner party? he's the enough about you, lets talk about me type.

Reactions: 4 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
The harder he tries to be likeable the less likeable he is. Can you imagine him at a dinner party? he's the enough about you, lets talk about me type.
Scott would turn up to a charity dinner for disabled kids and complain no has mentioning his 2022 premiership

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
Scott would turn up to a charity dinner for disabled kids and complain no has mentioning his 2022 premiership
I'm sure I saw this in the jokes thread. Better telling but:
Grigg: come and play in a golf tournament his weekend?
Scott: Nup
Grigg: it's for blind children
Scott* thinking *: I could win this!
Scott *out loud*: sure . I'm in.

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
I'm sure I saw this in the jokes thread. Better telling but:
Grigg: come and play in a golf tournament his weekend?
Scott: Nup
Grigg: it's for blind children
Scott* thinking *: I could win this!
Scott *out loud*: sure . I'm in.

Hmmm...:unsure:

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
In recognition of the Cants jagging a flag, I propose we change the thread title by substituting the "a" for a "u".

As much as I hate them, they got really lucky with injuries and their form never wavered. Pretty big effort to be at the top of your game for nearly a whole season and then easily win each finals game.

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Geelong Football Club has informed Quinton Narkle, Francis Evans, Nick Stevens, Paul Tsapatolis and Zane Williams they will not be offered contracts for the 2023 season.

Evans was the real reach from the pick 41 in the 2019 ND, was playing ammos! And Zane Williams was only recently drafted in this years MSD but cut already. Poor drafting on both accounts IMO.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Geelong Football Club has informed Quinton Narkle, Francis Evans, Nick Stevens, Paul Tsapatolis and Zane Williams they will not be offered contracts for the 2023 season.

Evans was the real reach from the pick 41 in the 2019 ND, was playing ammos! And Zane Williams was only recently drafted in this years MSD but cut already. Poor drafting on both accounts IMO.
yep, they should sack their recruiter.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I don't like praising Geelong players, but he has had one hell of a career. I have memories of him dragging the cats over the line against us a couple of times.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I remember being horrified at the abuse directed at Cotchin online earlier in the year, I'd hope we'd be better than that here.

It's a great career and one of the rare ones that gets to end on the perfect note. As S K Warne would have said, his scriptwriter was looking after him.

Hope we have already been on the phone to see if there is any interest in coaching.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I remember being horrified at the abuse directed at Cotchin online earlier in the year, I'd hope we'd be better than that here.

It's a great career and one of the rare ones that gets to end on the perfect note. As S K Warne would have said, his scriptwriter was looking after him.

Hope we have already been on the phone to see if there is any interest in coaching.
Richmond midfield coach....imagine that.:mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user