The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
FWIW - some random gossip

Talking earlier to an ex-AFL premiership player who keeps close contacts with clubs and his story is that GWS got bruised hands from clapping so hard when they "lost" Shiels to Essendon and later Cameron to the Cants.

Both were very poorly regarded up there.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
FWIW - some random gossip

Talking earlier to an ex-AFL premiership player who keeps close contacts with clubs and his story is that GWS got bruised hands from clapping so hard when they "lost" Shiels to Essendon and later Cameron to the Cants.

Both were very poorly regarded up there.
No idea if true or not, but it always struck me as extremely strange that when Plastic Jezza kicked that first goal in the 2019 Granny he celebrated alone. Not one of his team mates came running up with the usual hugs, head rubs n arse pats.

Reactions: 10 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
No idea if true or not, but it always struck me as extremely strange that when Plastic Jezza kicked that first goal in the 2019 Granny he celebrated alone. Not one of his team mates came running up with the usual hugs, head rubs n arse pats.
Plastic Jezza .... :mhihi

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
He ran to the bench after that goal. His captain come off seconds after and basically ignored him. I thought it very strange the first time I saw the replay.
Assumed he was not liked by his team mates ever since

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
He ran to the bench after that goal. His captain come off seconds after and basically ignored him. I thought it very strange the first time I saw the replay.
Assumed he was not liked by his team mates ever since
They probably already heard he or his agent was fielding big $$ offers to head elsewhere?

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Perhaps they had their money on himmelberg for the first goal

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Damien Barrett reporting Lots of talk in WA that Salty may be in the way out. Not a 100% starter to be there in 2022.

Please Santa, I'll forego my present for this ^^^^^^

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Damien Barrett reporting Lots of talk in WA that Salty may be in the way out. Not a 100% starter to be there in 2022.

No, no. no, Mark Lee.

Salty Scott needs to stay!

Who's going to oversee The Zimmer Frame Brigade? :))

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004

disappointing.
I want him to be there to see the damage he has done to their list and have the media question it.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
disappointing.
I want him to be there to see the damage he has done to their list and have the media question it.
Agree. Would love to see him stay on as they lose more games and the players know their chance for a flag is gone.
Have been expecting him to bail just like twin brother. Will say he needs a long break from the game.

Because to stay and lose more games does more damage to his 'brand' as the best footy coach out there. So, he'll take a spell.

And wait for the job offers that Clarko rejects. :cool:
2022 will see a few coaches in trouble - Dew, Cameron at the Giants, Simpson at WCE, Ratten, even Ken at Port.

Reactions: 4 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Ross the Boss? Perhaps why he rejected the Carlton offer. He's made it pretty clear that he wants to coach - so it was a surprise he dropped out of the Blues job.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Ross the Boss? Perhaps why he rejected the Carlton offer. He's made it pretty clear that he wants to coach - so it was a surprise he dropped out of the Blues job.
Please let him go to the Cants.

Reactions: 2 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Agree. Would love to see him stay on as they lose more games and the players know their chance for a flag is gone.
Have been expecting him to bail just like twin brother. Will say he needs a long break from the game.

Because to stay and lose more games does more damage to his 'brand' as the best footy coach out there. So, he'll take a spell.

And wait for the job offers that Clarko rejects. :cool:
2022 will see a few coaches in trouble - Dew, Cameron at the Giants, Simpson at WCE, Ratten, even Ken at Port.
One of those posters 'in the know' on the Geelong BF site reckons Scott met with the Club and says he is "burnt out", trying to work out a settlement.

Reactions: 1 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
One of those posters 'in the know' on the Geelong BF site reckons Scott met with the Club and says he is "burnt out", trying to work out a settlement.

He's "Burnt Out" Too much salt in his diet I guess.

• Haha