The Geelong Cants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Geelong Cants

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Had to just about choke back tears that night. Hadn’t won a final for decades and had been Geelong’s *smile* for at least 10 years. Game in the balance and Dusty won a one on one with Stewart with Geelong going into attack - ball whizzes up the wing to Prestia standing by himself having an espresso about 10 metres out. Goal and then…..away we went…. And Geelong couldn’t do anything about it………
The TV replay doesn't do it justice but Jacks body work on his opponant to recieve the Dusty kick was sublime. I was lucky enough to just about have the best view of that from behind the goals. Once he saw Prestia & kicked the ball we went nuts as we knew that was an open goal coming up

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Condersing what the knobs gave up to get Higgins & Dalhouse they would go close to the worse 2 pick ups for a club that i can remember.
Rohan is still uncontracted will the clowns resign him? After his 10 years of finals failure?
Scott will leave Geelong worse off when Wallace left punt rd.
Mark my words they might've played in 399 preliminary finals, they won't see finals for a very long time.
Whats Stkilda's wait 60 yrs?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
Condersing what the knobs gave up to get Higgins & Dalhouse they would go close to the worse 2 pick ups for a club that i can remember.
Rohan is still uncontracted will the clowns resign him? After his 10 years of finals failure?
Scott will leave Geelong worse off when Wallace left punt rd.
Mark my words they might've played in 399 preliminary finals, they won't see finals for a very long time.
Whats Stkilda's wait 60 yrs?
Essendon showed you can’t just pick up 12 new recruits in one year and be competitive
if they choose slash and burn at the end of 2022 by sacking Scott and a bunch of 30+ guys
they can easily end up like north freo or Gold Coast
that scares the *smile* out of most clubs and seems to be high in Geelongs fears
under Eade the Swans had a policy heavily titled towards trading in experienced players and they stated publicly we can’t afford to bottom out and rebuild on draft and compensation picks
it got them plenty of home game wins and had them hanging around the bottom of the 8

I can see them continuing the age policy and just gradually sliding down the ladder
next year top 4 still a chance then 2023-2028 top 8 then out around 2030 kapow , the brick wall , 10th on the ladder and a sad list , and you are unlikely to rebuild off a pick 8 or 9 and then the infighting begins and you see us with grin …

Reactions: 2 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The TV replay doesn't do it justice but Jacks body work on his opponant to recieve the Dusty kick was sublime. I was lucky enough to just about have the best view of that from behind the goals. Once he saw Prestia & kicked the ball we went nuts as we knew that was an open goal coming up
There are moments in games when you just know you’ve got another team on toast, and that was it for that game. The decade long nightmare against the Cats was over at that point.

Reactions: 1 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
My favourite is the shot of him in the box with 13:11 to go in the third quarter of the 2020 Grand Final.
We have kicked the last two goals (Martin just before half time and Riewoldt just after).
Castagna has just marked 45 out.
We are still nine points behind but everything about his body language says "We are f***ed".

Enjoy:

That only happened 11 months ago too...

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Essendon showed you can’t just pick up 12 new recruits in one year and be competitive
if they choose slash and burn at the end of 2022 by sacking Scott and a bunch of 30+ guys
they can easily end up like north freo or Gold Coast
that scares the *smile* out of most clubs and seems to be high in Geelongs fears
under Eade the Swans had a policy heavily titled towards trading in experienced players and they stated publicly we can’t afford to bottom out and rebuild on draft and compensation picks
it got them plenty of home game wins and had them hanging around the bottom of the 8

I can see them continuing the age policy and just gradually sliding down the ladder
next year top 4 still a chance then 2023-2028 top 8 then out around 2030 kapow , the brick wall , 10th on the ladder and a sad list , and you are unlikely to rebuild off a pick 8 or 9 and then the infighting begins and you see us with grin …
the fall will happen quicker than that, duckwood n push in the back hawkins have 1 yr maybe 2 left, after that they'll be relying on out the back cameron to kick scores for them, he's been exposed. they'll get nothing when blokes go as no1 will trade for them at their age & they'll retire

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I reckon their insistence that they play 8-9 games a year at kardinia park actually hurts them. They win so many down there that it flatters them year after year

It is why they will go close to playing finals again in 2022 but it won't win them a premiership.

Reactions: 6 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Great news down at The Zimmers.
Stanley and Rohan have signed new deals.
Making sure their Geriatric status continues unabated.

Apparently Salty was agog with the announcement and has vowed to install some ramps at Arcare (oops!) The Cattery to assist with access.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Great news down at The Zimmers.
Stanley and Rohan have signed new deals.
Making sure their Geriatric status continues unabated.

Apparently Salty was agog with the announcement and has vowed to install some ramps at Arcare (oops!) The Cattery to assist with access.
Yep, they’re stuck with going into 2022 with the same list bar Henderson (watch them grab Talia) and ppossibly losing some depth in Krueger, Fort, Constable and Clark.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Yep, they’re stuck with going into 2022 with the same list bar Henderson (watch them grab Talia) and ppossibly losing some depth in Krueger, Fort, Constable and Clark.
Looks like they are digging in on Fort. His old man is a client of mine. He is a very big Lions supporter and is absolutely dirty on Chris Scott. Reckons he has been killing it when given the opportunity at VFL level but Scott won't play him and doesn't really explain why. Them stepping in his way of a possible move to QLD will just about be the final nail. They will lose him for nothing next year.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
My favourite is the shot of him in the box with 13:11 to go in the third quarter of the 2020 Grand Final.
We have kicked the last two goals (Martin just before half time and Riewoldt just after).
Castagna has just marked 45 out.
We are still nine points behind but everything about his body language says "We are f***ed".

Enjoy:
Good Times!!

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
What 34 year old dud are they chasing this year?
Paddy Ryder is cherry ripe for the Catastrophies. Will turn 34 as next season starts and all their recent rucking issues instantly fade away.

KenM

Tiger Cub
Aug 3, 2021
Salty has just been given a 2 year contract extension according to the theage.com.au

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Yep. Captain Salty will stay at the helm... to reinvent the wheels.... of his players Zimmer Frames...

• Haha

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
They're big into Jon Ceglar apparently, their recruiting philosophy continues.