the healy,rohan,sheehan,smith thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

the healy,rohan,sheehan,smith thread

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
once again it seems the tigers still have to convince these so called experts.
i dedicate this thread as the clown watch where all can contribute to what they say about us. you know all the positive comments ;D.

i.ll start off:
tonight on 3aw rohan c***elly was giving his summary of the tigers.his summary was boarding on laughable by the way he come across as it was a total bore to him to summerise anything about the tigers.

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
johnson2richo2003 said:
i.ll start off:
tonight on 3aw rohan c***elly was giving his summary of the tigers.his summary was boarding on laughable by the way he come across as it was a total bore to him to summerise anything about the tigers.

I loved how Healy had to again refer to Stafford's tribunal appearance a few weeks and saying that if he'd gotten suspended, that Richmond probably wouldn't have won their last two matches and it would've been a completely different ball game!

Firstly, how big is the chip on Healy's shoulder that Stafford wasn't suspened, possibly for life? By his analysis of Stafford's playing style, he should've decked about five other players in recent weeks. Mysteriously, nothing has occurred.

And what a patronising remark to say that Richmond wouldn't have won either of the last two games without Stafford. Richmond completely dominated against Essendon and would've won with or without our star ruckman. Admittedly, the Melbourne match would've been a closer thing but the great skill that the Richmond side has shown this year is an ability to adapt and cover deficincies.

I'm sure they would've done this if they'd been without Stafford on Saturday night.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Mike Sheehan: has been senile since birth. How did this guy get the top footy writing job at the Herald Sun? He must be really good at his "job", if you catch my drift.

Gerard Healy: the only thing this guy has been concerned with of late is free kicks and tribunal decisions. Wouldn't be surprised to hear him say Kayne Pettifer has been getting hard done by from the umpires of late.

By the way, you know what will happen. We'll convince all the *smile* journo's that the tiger's are legit, the journos will all jump on the bandwagon, and then we'll lose 3 in a row.

P.S. Robert Walls is a *smile*.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
wagstaff said:
johnson2richo2003 said:
I loved how Healy had to again refer to Stafford's tribunal appearance a few weeks and saying that if he'd gotten suspended, that Richmond probably wouldn't have won their last two matches and it would've been a completely different ball game!

Firstly, how big is the chip on Healy's shoulder that Stafford wasn't suspened, possibly for life? By his analysis of Stafford's playing style, he should've decked about five other players in recent weeks. Mysteriously, nothing has occurred.

And what a patronising remark to say that Richmond wouldn't have won either of the last two games without Stafford. Richmond completely dominated against Essendon and would've won with or without our star ruckman. Admittedly, the Melbourne match would've been a closer thing but the great skill that the Richmond side has shown this year is an ability to adapt and cover deficincies.

I'm sure they would've done this if they'd been without Stafford on Saturday night.

What's with the "what's ifs"? The fact of the matter is Stafford did get off and we did win those games. End of story. No use dwelling on what could have happened. Sounds like Healy was running out of material to talk about.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
At least last night on the couch, Wallsy had some positive comments about Staffy. He said that Staffard has been a good recruit for the Tigers not just this year but last year as well and despite the "events" of a few weeks ago he has come out and played good strong footy and it's a credit to him. You see Wallsy, that is the reason Staff is one of the leadership group at Tigerland

Good to see you've moved on Robert. Perhaps Gerrard should follow his lead. ;)

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Glad others heard the winging from Healy last night. I almost drove off the road on the way home when he made that comment, I was swearing that bad.

Like to see him make a comment like that in front of Staf.

Let Roar

Khan

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I'm not a big fan of the so called "experts" but it is totally understandable that they doubt us.

We have only played 2 good sides in form ( Collingwood and Port ) and both times were beaten comprehensively. Until the Tigers can beat or at least match it with top 4 sides the experts will continue to doubt us and rightly so.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
While it isn't a bad show to listen to on the way home, there are a lot of ego's in the one studio thus a lot of *smile* gets spoken..

Healy hates Richmond for some reason. Always has and always sells us short and willat the rarely give us a wrap, only until we are in a situation like we are now, will he begrudgling give us some praise. It was great when Campbo gave it to Healy and Walls re Stafford report.

Sheehan changes his tune more than his underwear.

Rohan is a battler trying to get some multi media cred, while Pat Smith is great until he picks your club for some vitreol.

The point is the club for so long has been a joke on and off field that we have easy targets for lazy journos. Now we are getting our house in order on and off field, and now resemble a GOOD SOLID club, the same lazy journos struggle to find fault with us, and almost find it hard to accept that we may have turned the corner.

Truely, the less tiger news the better. Better to fly under the radar than be in everyone's face.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Rampaging Richo said:
Better to fly under the radar than be in everyone's face.

Exactly my opinion as well RR. Stay low, tick along nicely with some consistent wins, keep the hype down and hopefully stick it right up the lot of them towards the end of the season and in the seasons to come!

Go you Tiges!!

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
I'm not a big fan of the so called "experts" but it is totally understandable that they doubt us.

We have only played 2 good sides in form ( Collingwood and Port ) and both times were beaten comprehensively. Until the Tigers can beat or at least match it with top 4 sides the experts will continue to doubt us and rightly so.
you have the diggler virus there TF.
rnd one we were always against it considering the way both clubs attacked the pre-season.the pies were still full of running where we were taking the pre-season with a view of a long season ahead.
the game against port i wouldnt call we were thrashed.we hit the front in the 3rd qtr after they kicked the 1st 5.our side in the past would have been blown away.
by all means keep a lid on it but if your not at the least happy with the way things are now then your a hard person to satisfy.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
All these guys would have grown up when we were the powerhouse of the competition. Obviously harmed the development of their footy brain ;D.

Healy is probably still spewing about getting his tip wrong AGAIN. Tip against us at your own peril.

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
TigerFurious said:

The Bulldogs, Dockers, Hawks and Demons had all won their previous match before they played us. They had the potential to get into some form by beating us but they all failed.

The Hawks game is the best example. They were a respectable 2-2 going into the match and when 51 points up, it looked all the world like that the headlines the next day would've referred to the Hawks being back to their best and reminisicent of their 2001 form.

But it was Richmond who turned all that around. We played them out of form. I think that's something we haven't given ourselves enough credit for this season.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
johnson2richo2003 said:
by all means keep a lid on it but if your not at the least happy with the way things are now then your a hard person to satisfy.

I am content with how the team is performing J2R. We have won all the winnable games, we are playing a good style of footy and the coaching department have addressed a lot of issues ( midfield ) that affected us in the past.

BUT

And there is always a but. I am yet to see enough evidence to suggest we will match it with and possibly beat the best teams in the comp come September.

While our top 8 - 10 players are all having very good seasons but our bottom dozen are being carried along and this will get found out against quality sides, something we haven't come up against much this year.

And there is also the situation with our youngsters. With the exception of Coughlan, Newman and Rodan and Krakouer in parts the rest are looking pretty ordinary especially those high pick duds Fiora and Petiffer.

I hope I am wrong about the side but I just don't think we are there yet. But Prove me wrong Richmond, prove me wrong

johnson2richo2003

Dec 19, 2002
TigerFurious said:
johnson2richo2003 said:

I am content with how the team is performing J2R. We have won all the winnable games, we are playing a good style of footy and the coaching department have addressed a lot of issues ( midfield ) that affected us in the past.

BUT

And there is always a but. I am yet to see enough evidence to suggest we will match it with and possibly beat the best teams in the comp come September.

While our top 8 - 10 players are all having very good seasons but our bottom dozen are being carried along and this will get found out against quality sides, something we haven't come up against much this year.

And there is also the situation with our youngsters. With the exception of Coughlan, Newman and Rodan and Krakouer in parts the rest are looking pretty ordinary especially those high pick duds Fiora and Petiffer.

I hope I am wrong about the side but I just don't think we are there yet. But Prove me wrong Richmond, prove me wrong
all being equal and we have all our players available come septemeber there would be only 2 things that would go against us.
brisbane without a doubt
and a interstate final[mainly in adelaide].
if we play anyone at the "G" apart from brisbane i give ourselves a very good chance.
while i agree with the youngsters fiora and pettiffer etc have to lift their game the fact is we have improved our weakest link and thats the midfeild.
i know we should take a week at a time however atm we are showing everyone what we are capable of and hopefully we can continue in this pattern with just a few hiccups along the way.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Essendon slaughtered Collingwood on ANZAC day and have traditionally been our bogey side yet we beat them, well punished them, Melbourne beat Port and were full of confidence and came out hard yet we beat them so things aren't that bad.

BUT like most I am more than happy to take the low key approach so far shown by the club. Much better letting our footy do our talking rather than paying lip service to poor performances which has occured in the past.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
A question for Walls: HOW COULD CAMBO BE OUTSIDE THE TOP 50 PLAYERS IN THE COMP! I know the Tigers had a *smile* year last year, but look at the figures for Christ's sake! I know I am biased, but if there is 50 players running around that are better than Cambo, well you can add me to the list and make it 51.

And one for Sheehan: how could you have Buckley ranked as only the 9th best player in the comp? He should be fired for that call alone. Buckley is definitely top 5 if not top 3.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
TigerFurious said:
I am yet to see enough evidence to suggest we will match it with and possibly beat the best teams in the comp come September.

Many people would agree with you here TF, but how, after it's taken us 20 years to get to this position, can any of us expect to become world beaters in one season? The sort of success we all want may take a little bit more time than just one or even two seasons. We would all like instant success, but sometimes we have to be a little bit patient and try to enjoy what we have now.

It is easier to be patient when you can see that everything possible is being done to help us achieve success. We are getting the best out of what we have at the moment and that should give people enough reason to believe that the future is something to look forward to. Because, at least now, we have people in place who know how to take us to the next level.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
This is a tad off topic for this thread but seeing it involves comments in the media about Richmond this is as good a spot as any I spose. ;)

A couple of nights ago Mark Harvey was guest on White Line Fever. Throughout the program he made reference to Richmond several times.

The journos mightn't have too much respect for the Tiges yet, but it seems the Bummers sure do.

When someone called in and asked him about injuries he said they aren't an excuse. He commented something along the lines that Richmond have had big injury problems but still keep winning and that Essendon should be doing that too.

He seemed impressed with our endevour this year and praised our consistancy etc.

A few times he used the Tiges as an example to answer questions.

A bit of a turnaround the Bummers using Richmond as a measuring stick. Long may it continue. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Can we add another name here?
Last night on White Line Fever Terry Wallace said if he was Port coach he would appeal Chad Cornes sentence using Greg Stafford getting off as a precedent.
Well Terry you'd fit in at Port for starters imo, the second whingingest coach there's been in AFL can join the master moaner Williams.
The difference in how I saw it, and possibly the tribunal too is that Staff connected with people in the course of play. Cornes deliberately kneed whoever it was.
Add a week I say. ;D

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I noticed that about Harvey too Rosy, made me feel good. I am confident about this week, no one is tipping us and i honestly believe even if i didnt tip Richmond every week which i do, i would stil ltip us that week. I ahve been that impressed with our attitude and play i think we will get hte points this week. How sweet it would be.

And as for Terry Wallace, he can go get rooted. Im sick of the bloke, sick of seeing his head on tV.