The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I found it bizarre that Korda penned an open letter to members and then put it behind a paywall. Within 3 years of making a grand final they are an absolute mess. Pretty humourous really.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I found it bizarre that Korda penned an open letter to members and then put it behind a paywall. Within 3 years of making a grand final they are an absolute mess. Pretty humourous really.
Let's hope they start going down the Cartoon path to 20+ years of oblivion.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
If ever you needed further proof that they should not have made that Grand Final, there you have it.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Geelong seem to be the only recent Runners Up have that haven't imploded. But I guess there's still half a season to go.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Geelong seem to be the only recent Runners Up have that haven't imploded. But I guess there's still half a season to go.
2017- our last game of the season against Adelaide..they turned to *smile* since then
2018 - our last game of the season against Collingwood...they’ve been a rabble since
2019 - our last game of the season against the giants...they missed finals next season, players leaving
2020 - saints last game of the season against us....signs not looking good for them at the moment
2020 - ports last game of the season against us.......wait and see
2020 - cats last game of the season against us.....fingers crossed

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Mick Warner writing that Jeff Browne has announced his take-over bid of the Collingwood board.

Love it.
Korda has been Vice President for over 10 years I believe. Fat Ed’s right hand man. Fat Ed incessantly crapping on about what a great job his board did in all his time there. Praised Korda as a great operator and knows what he’s doing. Fat Ed forced to step down and away from the club. Now endorsing his mate Browne as the right man for the job.
Which is it Ed ?
If your board did such a great job why are you proposing change?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Korda has been Vice President for over 10 years I believe. Fat Ed’s right hand man. Fat Ed incessantly crapping on about what a great job his board did in all his time there. Praised Korda as a great operator and knows what he’s doing. Fat Ed forced to step down and away from the club. Now endorsing his mate Browne as the right man for the job.
Which is it Ed ?
If your board did such a great job why are you proposing change?
The Board boned Eddie

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Imagine if this set the club further back for years.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Pies really went all-in after their 2018 loss. Might take them a good 10 years to sort themselves out. Carlton looking like they are heading into turmoil again. Now if we can spank the the Bombers by 100 or so points that should extinguish this false hope they have.

Life will be good,

Reactions: 8 users

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Please PRE, I fear my ears are deceiving me.

On the Couch. I could’ve sworn they were discussing Collingwood and their god-awful defence-first strategy.

They said you could mount an argument that Buckley is coaching the house down because his players are following his game plan to the letter.

I mean... WTF

I can only conclude that Buckley’s impending presence in the media next year has everyone spooked. What a pathetic backwater the AFL industry is at times.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Please PRE, I fear my ears are deceiving me.

On the Couch. I could’ve sworn they were discussing Collingwood and their god-awful defence-first strategy.

They said you could mount an argument that Buckley is coaching the house down because his players are following his game plan to the letter.

I mean... WTF

I can only conclude that Buckley’s impending presence in the media next year has everyone spooked. What a pathetic backwater the AFL industry is at times.
I heard Leigh Matthews describe their game plan as to just try and stop the oppo as much as possible for as long as possible then go hell for leather attack in the last qrt. Said the Pies were averaging 8 goals a game but their opponents 9 (and that Carlton averaged 11 and their opponents 12. Not sure if all these num are true though)

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

So going with that logic (if you could call it that), if they kick 25 goals in a game then they're supposedly not following his gameplan and therefore he isn't coaching the house down.

Our football media is so over saturated with former players and journos that need to make statements (no matter how stupid) to justify their jobs.

And totally agree with your Buckley media fear theory.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Man with this board challenge l didn't realise how badly Collingwood wanted to be Richmond

It is fun to watch when it is not your team imploding

• Haha

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Never seen a failing coach get such a free ride from the media.

Well, maybe Clarko too but at least he has flags in the bank.