The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Because it's a business thing. If you are successful and good at what you do, you get invited onto boards, and you wouldn't knock it back. It's part of the general corporatisation of football clubs which is in some ways a bad thing, but that's how it's going these days.

Great exposure, access to all the business networks that the club has, etc etc. Boards are becoming increasingly important and increasingly professional.
She says she is a Collingwood supporter, she was wearing the bulldog jumper to promote their womens team, and the womens league in general.

Reactions: 1 user

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think being a Collingwood supporter is relevant. Why would you want to go on a clubs board that you don’t even barrack for?

Nah, there to do a job, build a business, set the culture and ensure proper governance - skills based board is whats needed, not supporters.

But your right, the CFC constitution says you have to be a member for 24 months before being a board member.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I'd be surprised if all of our board were a) Richmond people, b) members before they needed to be to get on the board.

It is very noticeable that apart from the two ex-players, there is no connection to the club outlined in any of their bios.

It's just the way footy club boards have gone now, handpicked by themselves for their own purpose.
We know Brendan and Emmett are as well as Peggy.

I know Henrietta Rothschild is (She was my sons boss and I met her one afternoon at a VFL match and had a good chat with her)

Kerry Ryan is:
“Kerry Ryan has the pedigree, combined with all-round business expertise, to make her an invaluable member of Richmond’s board of directors.
She is a life-long supporter of the Club, having grown up in a passionate Richmond family that had a strong connection to the man regarded as the greatest Tiger of them all – Jack Dyer.
Ryan’s father had a close relationship with the Club’s revered inaugural ‘Immortal’.
From a young age, Ryan and her three sisters were enthralled by stories their father told them about ‘Captain Blood’ and Tigerland.”

John O’Rourke is:
”O’Rourke, a lifelong Richmond supporter and prominent member of the Jack’s Club coterie, was appointed to fill the casual vacancy created by the resignation of Carl Walsh in September. John’s term will expire at the 2017 AGM. He is an enthusiastic supporter of the Richmond Football Club and - like all of us - wants to see the Club achieve the ultimate. John’s skills will be of great benefit around the board table, and we know that he will make a significant, meaningful contribution.”

Kate Palmers Twitter tells me she’s a Tigers supporter:
I’m gunna guess that Tina De Young is a Richmond supporter, she was on the Richmond finance committee 7 years before becoming a board member: “De Young, who is also a board member of the Victorian Institute of Sports, has been a member of the Richmond Football Club Finance Committee since 2011. She has also been an external member of the Club’s Risk, Compliance and Integrity Committee and Audit Committee since 2017.”

Can’t find anything on Joe Powell or Mark Ward though.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
She says she is a Collingwood supporter, she was wearing the bulldog jumper to promote their womens team, and the womens league in general.

Good to know, but she's on the board because of her skills. In the old days people were on the board because they were supporters who'd donated a lot of money.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
We know Brendan and Emmett are as well as Peggy.

I know Henrietta Rothschild is (She was my sons boss and I met her one afternoon at a VFL match and had a good chat with her)

Kerry Ryan is:
“Kerry Ryan has the pedigree, combined with all-round business expertise, to make her an invaluable member of Richmond’s board of directors.
She is a life-long supporter of the Club, having grown up in a passionate Richmond family that had a strong connection to the man regarded as the greatest Tiger of them all – Jack Dyer.
Ryan’s father had a close relationship with the Club’s revered inaugural ‘Immortal’.
From a young age, Ryan and her three sisters were enthralled by stories their father told them about ‘Captain Blood’ and Tigerland.”

John O’Rourke is:
”O’Rourke, a lifelong Richmond supporter and prominent member of the Jack’s Club coterie, was appointed to fill the casual vacancy created by the resignation of Carl Walsh in September. John’s term will expire at the 2017 AGM. He is an enthusiastic supporter of the Richmond Football Club and - like all of us - wants to see the Club achieve the ultimate. John’s skills will be of great benefit around the board table, and we know that he will make a significant, meaningful contribution.”

Kate Palmers Twitter tells me she’s a Tigers supporter:
I’m gunna guess that Tina De Young is a Richmond supporter, she was on the Richmond finance committee 7 years before becoming a board member: “De Young, who is also a board member of the Victorian Institute of Sports, has been a member of the Richmond Football Club Finance Committee since 2011. She has also been an external member of the Club’s Risk, Compliance and Integrity Committee and Audit Committee since 2017.”

Can’t find anything on Joe Powell or Mark Ward though.
Joe Powell is a mate of mine, mad Richmond supporter

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think being a Collingwood supporter is relevant. Why would you want to go on a clubs board that you don’t even barrack for?
Bingo
You need to be 100% committed
like it's your family.
I wouldn't like a Carlton supporter on our board

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Once again the HS has Collingwood wall to wall.
Front page, inside back page and two full pages after that.
So help me god, it is a toss up between Collingwood and Harry/Megan circus as to who gets the most exposure.
Win only 2 games for the year and get all this rubbish pushed out in the media.
Hardly ever hear anything about poor old North who are languishing on the bottom of the ladder.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
So help me god, it is a toss up between Collingwood and Harry/Megan circus as to who gets the most exposure.
Hardly ever hear anything about poor old North who are languishing on the bottom of the ladder.
#lolnorf don't have any supporters so why write about them?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

Great isn't it!
If they were undefeated on top - they'd be all over the same pages and the TV shows
This way it's just so much better

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yeah the little cold pies.
Why isn't the fkstick media blaming the coach of the most ridiculous game style in the history of the game.
They were either tanking or taking the *smile* in that last qtr

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Mick Warner writing that Jeff Browne has announced his take-over bid of the Collingwood board.

Love it.