The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

Apparently spent the night in hospital after the event. "Food Poisoning" was the reason.....
At least he didn't punch anyone this time.

View attachment 20796
The dees have been sloppy at covering up the truth in a few cases in recent years. It wasn’t “food poisoning “, it was actually blood poisoning from an infected wound on his hand caused by him punching on with teammates after the finals.
;):ROFLMAO:
not really true but wouldn’t be surprised if it is and it’s more hilarious. Plus see if this gets picked up elsewhere

C'mon Bell, please say no to S chultz*. Let the Scum suffer.

* glitch to be fixed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just off the press.
Leppisch is staying at Collingwood.
Apprantly he knocked back more money and more years not to go to Footscary.

So much arrogance and entitlement. May encapsulates everything wrong with the current Melbourne team. Long may (pun intended) they underperform.
Don’t like degoey but did like what he said on the news today when asked about May’s comments. His response, “ I think the proof is in the pudding I guess. I’m the one with the medal around my neck”

Graham is a top notch list manager.
I liked Hill when he was at GWS .
I wanted Mitchell 2yrs ago for the 2022season.
And Shultz is a quality small forward.

How many Fremantle players have Collingwood picked up in there history?
It seems every year a Fremantle player comes to Collingwood.
Mayne
Hollands
Medhurst
Tarrant
Clement

Not bad from the end 2020 when people were expecting them to live in the bottom 4.
Collingwood proves letting go of big names dosent necessarily mean you will go backwards.
They replaced Treloar over night.
The brought in hungry kids wanting to play, using trade and drafting not all top 10 picks and they have done extremely well.

Reactions: 3 users
Not bad from the end 2020 when people were expecting them to live in the bottom 4.
Collingwood proves letting go of big names dosent necessarily mean you will go backwards.
They replaced Treloar over night.
The brought in hungry kids wanting to play, using trade and drafting not all top 10 picks and they have done extremely well.
Coach plays a part in that process LZ.

McCrae brought with him a game plan similar to ours, a ‘lovey dovey “ caring approach to his players which was genuine not contrived Buckley style.

He allowed them to play to a sustainable game plan, “it’s ok to make mistakes”, ‘ keep the ball in motion”, etc which they were able to thrive.

It was similar to us in 16 to 17.
Hardwick released the shackles and emphasis on stats and changed the game plan up early in 17.

Was it due to losing Griffiths, or our other talls not good enough, ‘our game plan of ‘Kaos football’ was born.

Was it his assistants in McCrae & Leppa who brought it up, was it he, we may not know fully, but it’s no coincidence the Pies are playing ‘that brand of footy” with a bit more skill, netted him & the Pies a premiership in 23!

The test for McCrae in 24, with a year older aging list , can he go again and the team replicates a top 4 H & A finish?

But I’ve fallen for this trap before with the Cats. Only this year was I finally right after 4-5 years thinking they were done.

Let’s see what and how we play and if Yze will keep some of that DNA that made us a Dynasty Side., or he will implement HIS style and nothing may remain of Kaos Tigers!

Once again it is magpies wall to wall in the HS today.
Talk about god's gift to mankind?
Wife is going off her brain over the constant Collingwood reports

• Angry
Coach plays a part in that process LZ.

McCrae brought with him a game plan similar to ours, a ‘lovey dovey “ caring approach to his players which was genuine not contrived Buckley style.

He allowed them to play to a sustainable game plan, “it’s ok to make mistakes”, ‘ keep the ball in motion”, etc which they were able to thrive.

It was similar to us in 16 to 17.
Hardwick released the shackles and emphasis on stats and changed the game plan up early in 17.

Was it due to losing Griffiths, or our other talls not good enough, ‘our game plan of ‘Kaos football’ was born.

Was it his assistants in McCrae & Leppa who brought it up, was it he, we may not know fully, but it’s no coincidence the Pies are playing ‘that brand of footy” with a bit more skill, netted him & the Pies a premiership in 23!

The test for McCrae in 24, with a year older aging list , can he go again and the team replicates a top 4 H & A finish?

But I’ve fallen for this trap before with the Cats. Only this year was I finally right after 4-5 years thinking they were done.

Let’s see what and how we play and if Yze will keep some of that DNA that made us a Dynasty Side., or he will implement HIS style and nothing may remain of Kaos Tigers!
It's confirmed Carcella was the one that invented the small forwards with the 1 key forward..
I forgot to mention, they kept the Gold players Degoey & Penderbury and had the others filling the other 16 spots on the ground.
By the end of 2017 I've never seen a side sooo fit. We were over running sides (not like Collingwood just getting over the line) we were powering away.
I hadn't since that type of domination by a club since Essendon of 1999-2001.
Collingwood are healthy and super fit.
If you can out run your oppostion these days you win.
Its not kick-mark football anyone more, it's more like keepings off football.

Reactions: 1 users
Lachie *smile*, great get. Adds another running machine to their front half.

Also talks about how important small forwards are right now.

It's confirmed Carcella was the one that invented the small forwards with the 1 key forward..
I forgot to mention, they kept the Gold players Degoey & Penderbury and had the others filling the other 16 spots on the ground.
By the end of 2017 I've never seen a side sooo fit. We were over running sides (not like Collingwood just getting over the line) we were powering away.
I hadn't since that type of domination by a club since Essendon of 1999-2001.
Collingwood are healthy and super fit.
If you can out run your oppostion these days you win.
Its not kick-mark football anyone more, it's more like keepings off football.
Agree LZ.

We powered away from sides in the second half, last quarters, finals, GF in 17.

Super, super fit we were.

We were able to outnumber the opposition at stoppages, at every contest. Unbelievable footy.

Forgot about Blake!

We got to get super, super fit again.

That’s modern footy.

Outnumber your opponent, keep running, play not 4 quarters but five quarters of football.

What I mean by five quarters is run out time on periods and score and not let your opponent get cheap , easy ‘time on goals’.

Russia v Ukraine......Israel v Palestine.....get ready for McStay v Ginnivan.

Agree LZ.

We powered away from sides in the second half, last quarters, finals, GF in 17.

Super, super fit we were.

We were able to outnumber the opposition at stoppages, at every contest. Unbelievable footy.

Forgot about Blake!

We got to get super, super fit again.

That’s modern footy.

Outnumber your opponent, keep running, play not 4 quarters but five quarters of football.

What I mean by five quarters is run out time on periods and score and not let your opponent get cheap , easy ‘time on goals’.
The best passage of play is the advantage call in the last qtr against Walker. When Townsend tackles Sloane, we pounce and we attack the goal.
Lambert Runs, Rioli Sheppard's, Lambert had 3 options, kick it himself, Handball to Prestia or chip it to Towner.
We were unbelievable.
We won that game by 40pts. And they were leading at qtr time and we up by 10 at half time.

Last edited:
  • Love
The best passage of player is the advantage call in the last qtr against Walker. When Townsend tackles Sloane, we pounce and we attack the goal.
Lambert Runs, Rioli Sheppard's, Lambert had 3 options, kick it himself, Handball to Prestia or chip it to Towner.
We were unbelievable.
We won that game by 40pts. And they were leading at qtr time and we up by 10 at half time.
Played unbelievable footy.

Phenomenal.

Reactions: 1 users
Once again it is magpies wall to wall in the HS today.
Talk about god's gift to mankind?
Wife is going off her brain over the constant Collingwood reports
Just cut the Hun up into little squares n hang them in the outhouse gray. It's the only way to deal with everything Colonwood.

• Love
Just cut the Hun up into little squares n hang them in the outhouse gray. It's the only way to deal with everything Colonwood.

There is another option for the outhouse:

Collingwood dunny paper1.jpg

Not sure you would survive that though Graystar.

DS

Attachments

• Collingwood dunny paper.jpg
    Collingwood dunny paper.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Haha