The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
There’s footage of Eddie from Footy Classified back in April saying that the next guy caught breaking COVID rules being fined $100k and suspended for the season. :rotfl2

“Footage has emerged of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire stating that the next AFL players to defy the league’s COVID-19 protocols should be suspended for the entire season and fined $100,000, per the Herald Sun.

McGuire, who was left heated on the panel of Footy Classified following a trio of Fremantle players breaching the AFL’s coronavirus laws, demanded the merciless punishments in late April.

The video emerged after Collingwood star Steele Sidebottom was handed a four-game suspension for breaching strict guidelines set by the league.

“This is the reason why the AFL are trying to show social leadership and do everything right along the way,” McGuire declared.

“And I’m saying once we get back there will be absolutely no sense of humour about anybody climbing out the window or letting someone climb in the window.

“That will be absolutely made clear.”

“So maybe it has to be $100,000 and he gets suspended for the year. What do we have to tell people?

“We are trying to claw back five hundred to $600 million.“

Given the history of indiscretions at that club, but also the indiscretions of footballers in general, surely, as President of a football club, you would know better than to make sweeping comments like this which will come back to bite you when it is one of your players?

Or is Eddie just that dumb?

DS

Reactions: 1 user

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Given the history of indiscretions at that club, but also the indiscretions of footballers in general, surely, as President of a football club, you would know better than to make sweeping comments like this which will come back to bite you when it is one of your players?

DS

Short answer to your question; Eddie is a sanctimonious and pontificating character, both traits which indicate a very unhealthy arrogance!
This is the same arrogance that compelled him to publicly kiss Gil the Dill on the head at that horrible Prelim against us in 2018.
I can't imagine Peggy or Benny breaching those boundaries with the CEO of the competition!!

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

DS

Well said
And that video is just priceless

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Short answer to your question; Eddie is a sanctimonious and pontificating character, both traits which indicate a very unhealthy arrogance!
This is the same arrogance that compelled him to publicly kiss Gil the Dill on the head at that horrible Prelim against us in 2018.
I can't imagine Peggy or Benny breaching those boundaries with the CEO of the competition!!
Narcissist?

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Narcissist?

Does he tick any of these boxes:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office

Reactions: 3 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Every year. You can take it to the bank.
Something outside playing football will be headline news at Collingwood.
The joint is cursed.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
They mustve known this news was coming out because just 3 days ago.
Degoey was reported to say he wants to stay at Collingwood.
After yesterday"s news no club will go near him and Collingwood could just make him an offer that has to accept.
Like ive said before, No other club would be stupid offering more then 750k, now Collingwood can offer him 600 and he has no choice but to accept it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I thought Ed ” negotiated” the penalty? Or can he only “negotiate” with his mates in the AFL and not the law?

Last edited:

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Does he tick any of these boxes:

• Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
  • Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerate achievements and talents
  • Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
  • Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
  • Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
  • Take advantage of others to get what they want
  • Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Be envious of others and believe others envy them
  • Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
  • Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
I ticked every box, thanks Seven

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Not on the flight to Perth.

Has to isolate a/c court appearance, then pass two Covid tests before he can go into the W.A. hub.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Really doesn't sit well with me that players are not stood down in these situations.

I've said before I think the 'innocent until proven guilty' approach does not apply completely once you get to a point at which charges are laid, although it still applies in the courtroom.

An allegation has been made and investigated and the decision of the Police and the Public Prosecutor is that there is enough merit in the allegation to lay charges. That's not guilty but it certainly isn't necessarily innocent either.

Well said.
Not sure the AFL knows what it is doing. From the outside it doesn't look good.
It wouldve been interesting to see what wouldve happened if the player wasn't from Collingwood.
Milne was stood down for 3 weeks.
Regardless

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Every year. You can take it to the bank.
Something outside playing football will be headline news at Collingwood.
The joint is cursed.

They aren't cursed. The amount of indiscretions all from the same club suggests the culture of the club is shocking, and its lead from the top by Eddie.

Reactions: 6 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Flim Flam Maguire and His Monochrome Bogans - playing at a court near you .

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Darcy: “Collingwood v Hawthorn, what a great match that is."

McGuire: “Get Ron Jeremy down for it, d’you reckon?"

Darcy: "No, I wouldn’t have thought so."

McGuire: "You can see us doing that, can’t you? The Hedgehog. You know, the big, not the rape thing, the whole thing. I’m just saying the pumping him up and mucking around and that sort of stuff."

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users