The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Eddie stuffing a large amount of cash into a brown paper bag.
Watch the lady in question with draw her complaint.
Nothing to see here.

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Got to be a bit careful here guys. hasn't been found guilty yet. having said that, if he is guilty i hope he gets the full face of the law.

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
If the B&W filth are totally honest, they will admit a hell of a lot of indiscretions during Eddie's tenure.
Including Eddie himself, Football managers, Doctors, players, etc etc etc.
President for Life? You reap what you sow.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Thanks mate. Don't remember nichols going to jail, but do remember krakour.
I don’t totally remember the Nicholls thing, but it was huge back then. It was a white collar crime (embezzlement). Missed the first 11 games of the season and oddly enough returned to play against the Tigers.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
DG was on the Collingwood list at the time. Was this issue raised and did he do time? I know the AFL investigated it in 2018 but this doesn't make sense especially compared to other indiscretions including Dusty's.

royce67

Tiger Rookie
Jun 4, 2008
Hobart
Thanks mate. Don't remember nichols going to jail, but do remember krakour.
Nichols did a short stint when he was young (about 1960) for embezlement as a bank (?) cashier. There was rumour of a nastier incident later on but that's generally considered to be rubbish.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Nichols did a short stint when he was young (about 1960) for embezlement as a bank (?) cashier. There was rumour of a nastier incident later on but that's generally considered to be rubbish.

Was 20yo and in his fourth season when he went to Pentridge. Missed a big chunk of 1960 before being a surprise late inclusion against us in Round 12.

CmPXWHp.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Got to be a bit careful here guys. hasn't been found guilty yet. having said that, if he is guilty i hope he gets the full face of the law.
Agree
The problem is that if he is found guilty, the full force of the law depends on which head of lettuce is available for the judge to pick a wet leaf from to slap him with

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
There’s footage of Eddie from Footy Classified back in April saying that the next guy caught breaking COVID rules being fined $100k and suspended for the season. :rotfl2

“Footage has emerged of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire stating that the next AFL players to defy the league’s COVID-19 protocols should be suspended for the entire season and fined $100,000, per the Herald Sun.

McGuire, who was left heated on the panel of Footy Classified following a trio of Fremantle players breaching the AFL’s coronavirus laws, demanded the merciless punishments in late April.

The video emerged after Collingwood star Steele Sidebottom was handed a four-game suspension for breaching strict guidelines set by the league.

“This is the reason why the AFL are trying to show social leadership and do everything right along the way,” McGuire declared.

“And I’m saying once we get back there will be absolutely no sense of humour about anybody climbing out the window or letting someone climb in the window.

“That will be absolutely made clear.”

“So maybe it has to be $100,000 and he gets suspended for the year. What do we have to tell people?

“We are trying to claw back five hundred to $600 million.“

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
There’s footage of Eddie from Footy Classified back in April saying that the next guy caught breaking COVID rules being fined $100k and suspended for the season. :rotfl2

“Footage has emerged of Collingwood president Eddie McGuire stating that the next AFL players to defy the league’s COVID-19 protocols should be suspended for the entire season and fined $100,000, per the Herald Sun.

McGuire, who was left heated on the panel of Footy Classified following a trio of Fremantle players breaching the AFL’s coronavirus laws, demanded the merciless punishments in late April.

The video emerged after Collingwood star Steele Sidebottom was handed a four-game suspension for breaching strict guidelines set by the league.

“This is the reason why the AFL are trying to show social leadership and do everything right along the way,” McGuire declared.

“And I’m saying once we get back there will be absolutely no sense of humour about anybody climbing out the window or letting someone climb in the window.

“So maybe it has to be $100,000 and he gets suspended for the year. What do we have to tell people?

True. But there’s a clause.
* if the person is caught with no trousers on then he’ll be given only a warning.

Gotta read the small print.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
That was another level want it.....some calling for 12 month ban with days of being "cited"

Yeah the most outrageous carry on and vitriol coming from none other then KB himself.

I stopped listening to KB after that BS.

Reactions: 6 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Wheres Eddie ?? ...................................Has anyone seen Ed yet :mhihi.

Still shaking his Magic 8 ball looking for the right answer.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

That footage has been posted in numerous threads Timbo

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
If the B&W filth are totally honest, they will admit a hell of a lot of indiscretions during Eddie's tenure.
Including Eddie himself, Football managers, Doctors, players, etc etc etc.
President for Life? You reap what you sow.
Honest? They can't lie straight in the gutter.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Wheres Eddie ?? ...................................Has anyone seen Ed yet :mhihi.

Still shaking his Magic 8 ball looking for the right answer.
Pacing up and down in front of the westpac centre wearing Buckley’s old playing guernsey and shouting ‘If u take on one of us you take on all of us’.