The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Seems like the footy world ( media ) are in love with Nathan Buckley again going by his performance today on SEN with Whateley.

That’s my view!

Just doesn’t make sense the whole thing. The delay to notify the players that they were ‘on the trade table’ the miscommunication between coach & players, the silence leading up to, including and after trade week by the Pies, the mix messengers and club response by various people at the club.

Think next year will show a lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Treloar isn't the victim, he is the defendant.
Collingwood aren't the defandants they're the victims
have spoken to a a person very close to of one of the departed players. This player was asked to defer a heap of owed payments, which he happily agreed to then got e shafted. Same treatment as Has been alleged in that no one from club contacted him initially. Was happy to get the hell out of there. He believes Treloar was asked to do the same. Said Treloar is really popular with his team mates. Works his backside off and never causes any trouble. His belief is the club completely stuffed up their TPP and are terrified of losing DeGoey as they think he is Dusty mk2.

Reactions: 4 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
have spoken to a a person very close to of one of the departed players. This player was asked to defer a heap of owed payments, which he happily agreed to then got e shafted. Same treatment as Has been alleged in that no one from club contacted him initially. Was happy to get the hell out of there. He believes Treloar was asked to do the same. Said Treloar is really popular with his team mates. Works his backside off and never causes any trouble. His belief is the club completely stuffed up their TPP and are terrified of losing DeGoey as they think he is Dusty mk2.
I reckon this is as close to the true situation as you can get. I also reckon if they keep waiting for Degoey to be Dusty MKII they are going to be sorely disappointed. Especially if he is in the slammer!!

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Oh the irony of Figgy talking about the club's concerns about Treloars family situation was a catalyst for trade discussions

• Wow

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

Not sure whats worse for the Pies.

Stuffing up their TPP so badly OR thinking De Goey will ever be in the same dimension as Dusty.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Geez Buckley is a lying sack of *smile*. Was just reading an overview of his radio interview this morning. He is adamant that he didn't tell Treloar that the players didn't want him at the club but can see how Treloar may have construed it that way.

Also said that he had to be the one to tell Treloar; fair enough although obviously he is lying about what was said. But then defended the handling of the Stephenson situation by saying he had the conversation with Stephenson's manager and that is how these things worked; that's why players have managers!! So why didn't he have the conversation with Treloar's manager instead of Treloar himself??

Which one is it Figgy you lying *smile*?? Anyway, that is crap. If you're going to move a player on against his will then the senior coach should have that conversation with the player directly. Anything else is a cop out and weak as *smile*.

I truly hope McGuire and Buckley stay at Scumwood forever. They and the club deserve each other and the rest of us are better for it.

Reactions: 8 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Collingwood can spin and dodge as much as they like but the fact is that have stuffed their list management up completely. Basically what Bucks said is they knew they had done it, decided to go all in for a flag whilst they could and deferred judgement day.
Now it’s come.
If they had snagged the flag in 2018 then maybe their supporters might have forgiven them but that was their only chance. Even if they had beaten the giants in the 2019 prelim we would have smashed them off the park the next week.
It should cost a few of them their jobs but I am hoping it doesn’t because I would prefer they wallow in their self created mediocrity for a while.

Reactions: 7 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Collingwood can spin and dodge as much as they like but the fact is that have stuffed their list management up completely. Basically what Bucks said is they knew they had done it, decided to go all in for a flag whilst they could and deferred judgement day.
Now it’s come.
If they had snagged the flag in 2018 then maybe their supporters might have forgiven them but that was their only chance. Even if they had beaten the giants in the 2019 prelim we would have smashed them off the park the next week.
It should cost a few of them their jobs but I am hoping it doesn’t because I would prefer they wallow in their self created mediocrity for a while.
Reckon Ned Guy's in the cross hairs right now.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
not sure how that impacts their best interests. many people work away from their families all the time.
Yes they do. But generally those reasons are financial.

I would have thought you'd need to have been together for at least 10-15 years before you'd encourage your wife to go live 3000km away for a year.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Should we pass the hat around and pay for 20tonnes of blood and bone to be dumped on grand poo ba Eddies Lexus

Signed With Love from A collingwood fan?
Save your money. I’ll tell you a cheaper way. Follow fat Ed around, wait for him to open his mouth, then start shovelling all the *smile* that comes out of it. I guarantee you it will be a lot more than 20 tonnes

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
The fact is that have stuffed their list management up completely. Basically what Bucks said is they knew they had done it, decided to go all in for a flag whilst they could and deferred judgement day.
But I don't think that's that bad of a story....

Yes, we were loading up and we knew there was going to have to be a clean out, but we went all in for the Premiership as it was either that, or refresh the list and look at another 5 year wait. We were right to do what we do as we were 90secs and one blatant free not paid from winning the Grand Final.

Not sure too many fans would have lost it over that approach

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Geez Buckley is a lying sack of *smile*. Was just reading an overview of his radio interview this morning. He is adamant that he didn't tell Treloar that the players didn't want him at the club but can see how Treloar may have construed it that way.

Also said that he had to be the one to tell Treloar; fair enough although obviously he is lying about what was said. But then defended the handling of the Stephenson situation by saying he had the conversation with Stephenson's manager and that is how these things worked; that's why players have managers!! So why didn't he have the conversation with Treloar's manager instead of Treloar himself??

Which one is it Figgy you lying *smile*?? Anyway, that is crap. If you're going to move a player on against his will then the senior coach should have that conversation with the player directly. Anything else is a cop out and weak as *smile*.

I truly hope McGuire and Buckley stay at Scumwood forever. They and the club deserve each other and the rest of us are better for it.
Buckley quote this morning - “"It's been on the cards for probably the last three or four years.”
Didn‘t they renegotiate Treloar’s contract only a COUPLE of years ago?
If it was on the cards so long ago why sign him up again?
They really need to get their stories straight BEFORE doing the media sympathy rounds

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Buckley quote this morning - “"It's been on the cards for probably the last three or four years.”
They really need to get their stories straight BEFORE doing the media sympathy rounds

That sounded to me that they knew it was all going to blow up, and they bascially fed Treloar the story and used him to try and keep their list together.

Ie. they signed a contract with Treloar knowing full well that they couldn't afford to pay it when they got to the later years. Makes this stink even more. You could mkake a case that they made a mistake and it all caught up to them because of Covid. Now after what Buckley has said this was likely to have always been a problem, Covid or no Covid and yet they continued to sign big money contracts like Grundy etc, when they knew they couldn't even pay the contracts they had already signed.

Sounds worse and worse by the day.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
How about Geoff Walsh and McGuire on Friday. Apparently they never chased Lynch or made him an offer!!

:rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Their fans are still bleating and pissed, and the muppets are all telling whatever spin and lies they can to quell the *smile* storm.

They will just lay low till it dies down typical Fat Ed style.

What a bunch of wankers no wonder the joint is a hive of shithousery.

• Haha
  • Love