The I ❤️ Collingwood thread. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The I ❤️ Collingwood thread.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Reckon Ned Guy's in the cross hairs right now.
I think he should be, but based off Buckley's interview, it sounds like the club was across it and it was a strategy.
If so, then he'll get off scott free, because they were rolling the dice knowing full well if it doesn't come off, they're in trouble.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Buckley’s true colours have risen to the surface well and truly now.
Agreed

Interesting that his missus never got re signed by the Collingwood netball team.

Did they do that to make her go elsewhere and try and force him out that way knowing full well this situation would be coming at the end of this season.

Reactions: 1 users

Tigers2020

Tiger Rookie
Nov 6, 2020
Brodie grundy was on about 600k this year but is on 1 million + for each of the next 6 years. rip salary cap

• Haha
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
How about Geoff Walsh and McGuire on Friday. Apparently they never chased Lynch or made him an offer!!

:rotfl2 :rotfl2 :rotfl2
And Eddie's clarification "Spoke to him, never pursued him".
Here's what I think of that Eddie.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not worth anywhere that after this seasons performance

As good as Grundy is teams without elite rucks have clinched most of the titles over the past few years, sans the Eagles with Dean Cox.

They can pay Grundy a million a year but if he's got less quality to give it to they arent going anywhere.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Exactly and why would Collingwod sign him on a 7 year deal in the first place
Cos his manager had em over a barrel and the Crows had ramped the pressure up.

Maggots top end are all playing for themselves theres no team ethos of sacrifice for the greater good and they are costing their mates their place at the club, and themselves any real shot at a Flag 2018 was their chance and they blew it.

Maybe they should've gotten rid of duds like Greenwood and Thomas also, but they too are still contracted .......... :mhihi

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
But I don't think that's that bad of a story....

Yes, we were loading up and we knew there was going to have to be a clean out, but we went all in for the Premiership as it was either that, or refresh the list and look at another 5 year wait. We were right to do what we do as we were 90secs and one blatant free not paid from winning the Grand Final.

Not sure too many fans would have lost it over that approach
So that’s code for it would have all been ok if the green maggots hadn’t cost us a flag ?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yes, we were loading up and we knew there was going to have to be a clean out, but we went all in for the Premiership as it was either that, or refresh the list and look at another 5 year wait. We were right to do what we do as we were 90secs and one blatant free not paid from winning the Grand Final.
I'm coming up to 500 games as player and coach without a flag. 500! Do you know how many that is? You don't get that much for muder! Eddie and I are going to get me my premiership and we're prepared to stake the club on it. Decency and princples are transient; honour boards are forever!

• Wow
  • Haha

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I'm coming up to 500 games as player and coach without a flag. 500! Do you know how many that is? You don't get that much for muder! Eddie and I are going to get me my premiership and we're prepared to stake the club on it. Decency and princples are transient; honour boards are forever!
I bet when he’s alone that’s exactly what he says.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So that’s code for it would have all been ok if the green maggots hadn’t cost us a flag ?
exactly.
I'm coming up to 500 games as player and coach without a flag. 500! Do you know how many that is? You don't get that much for murder! Eddie and I are going to get me my premiership and we're prepared to stake the club on it. Decency and principles are transient; honour boards are forever!
That's what we the supporters of the other 17 clubs would have heard, yes.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I think he should be, but based off Buckley's interview, it sounds like the club was across it and it was a strategy.
If so, then he'll get off scott free, because they were rolling the dice knowing full well if it doesn't come off, they're in trouble.
Yep, if Ned Guy goes, there has to be a few others go with him.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
So does this now put pressure on Collingwood to go hard in 11 months to grab a quality free agent? I mean no point clearing the decks and state it's partly due to allowing them to snare a FA is there?

Or do they get Trent Dumont and say "We've been wanting Trent for some time now and we feel he's just the quality type we need to bolster our playing list"?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user