The March to September - 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The March to September - 2019

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Unless I’m missing something % plays a very big part. We’d need to bridge ours from 103% to Brisbane’s 111% and Collingwoods 118%
Yep, equal 3rd is the highest we can go. WC and Geel are gonna fly away as top 2 and, IMO, are faves to play the GF........but hopefully we can interrupt......

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Yep, equal 3rd is the highest we can go. WC and Geel are gonna fly away as top 2 and, IMO, are faves to play the GF........but hopefully we can interrupt......
Tigerfan and I were referring to just at the end of next week. He said we,ll be 4th regardless of % if we beat GWS and WCE beat Collingwood but I’m pretty sure we’d need to greatly improve our % from 103 and Brisbane (111) and Collingwood (118) have theirs reduced.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Tigerfan and I were referring to just at the end of next week. He said we,ll be 4th regardless of % if we beat GWS and WCE beat Collingwood but I’m pretty sure we’d need to greatly improve our % from 103 and Brisbane (111) and Collingwood (118) have theirs reduced.

Yep. We have to win by 80+, WC have to win by 80+ and Port have to win by 50+ for our % to go above the Lions and the Chokers

OldTiger1967

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 3, 2017
My heart says,

In our last 7 games we play 5 teams in the current 8. All of those teams need to keep winning to cement their finals chances.

If we make the finals then

A) We deserve to be in them

B) We will have beaten those teams around us and possibly above us.

This would mean we would be a chance, a real chance.

My head says

To date we have only beaten Port, Freo and the Bombers who are still in the race for the finals. We have not proven ourselves to be a worthy contender for a finals spot, let alone the flag.

Next 7 weeks is going to be one hell of a ride.........

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
The Hun is pumping up our tyres saying we loom as a dangerous flag chance. I feel that we play better when everyone expects us to fall over. One game at a time.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Lets not get ahead of ourselves. its very easy to do do now that the ladder has opened up for us and top 4 is now achievable. our next 3 games will be tough. win those 3, then we can talk.

Rance is now on the LTI. We won't see him this season.

there is a bit of confusion as to when he can return. some say R21. some say week 1 of finals. I'm not sure which one it is, but he can definitely return this season

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Looking ahead, I see our captain being the guiding hand in the lead up to the finals.

I noted his attack and ferocity from the get go on Saturday. He really set the tone, especially for the younger players.

His proven composure under pressure will resonate through the club.

At this point in time and IMHO, our most important jigsaw piece.

there is a bit of confusion as to when he can return. some say R21. some say week 1 of finals. I'm not sure which one it is, but he can definitely return this season

LTI = 8 weeks or longer I think I read somewhere so yes he can still return this year.

Last edited:

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
On the club site, Hardwick praised Edwards' role as a high half forward against the Suns.

He also said, 'He was the best score-assist player in the AFL last year'.

So clearly, through re-locating Stack and Edwards to the forward line, and with the addition of Bolton, we're pumping skill and X-factor into attack. The aim is to increase our scoring power which, in my view, has traditionally been a problem if a game turned into a shoot out.

The match committee want to maximise goals if we win centre clearances, and maximise our ability to counter attack from defence if we don't, hence the immediate inclusion of Short, and trialling of Egg's skill as a defender and distributor. ( I also noted with interest the use of Baker down back in the magoos.)

The gut-running of Ellis and Kmac also assists with our team-defence approach, as does the capacity of Chol and Nank (once fit) to drift back and stand in the hole or block leading channels.

Make no mistake, we are now in rehearsal mode for a tilt at the flag, and are assembling a squad capable of regularly kicking 18-20 goals rather than just 14-16.

All these developments and refinements have come at a bad time for the likes of Butler and Higgins, whose form dropped away during a critical period as injured players once again became available.

Reactions: 3 users

The_Celebrant

Tiger Superstar
Aug 18, 2018
malemelbournecelebrant.net.au
Looking ahead, I see our captain being the guiding hand in the lead up to the finals.

I noted his attack and ferocity from the get go on Saturday. He really set the tone, especially for the younger players.
Agreed. If his example leads to an overall 10% lift in attack on both ball and player, across the team, that could readily translate into 3 goals less kicked against us and 3 extra goals we get ourselves. Critical moments in footy are about halting oppo momentum, and scoring against the flow. Inspiring examples were Cotchin's attack on Shiel and the ball in the PF, and Townsend's crunching tackle on Crouch in the GF. Such moments send the message, 'We've come to play, and we're not going away.'

Up the guts

Tiger Cub
Jul 7, 2019
You can only go on current form and it looks like the Tigers are starting to surge forward. The next 5 games are winnable and the last two games against West Coast and Brisbane will act as heavy hitouts leading into the finals. I don't think we could ask for a better preparation. If everything goes to plan then we will finish fourth and play Geelong in the first final at the MCG. Delicious
R17. v. GWS. MCG
R18. V. Port. MCG
R 19. V. Coll. MCG
R20 v. Melb. MCG
R 21 v Carl. MCG
R 22 v. WCE. MCG
R. 23 v. Bris. MCG

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
38 players used

Most players used by premiership teams

44 Fitzroy 1944
39 Richmond 1943, Richmond 1969, Western Bulldogs 2016
38 Richmond 1974, North Melbourne 1977, Adelaide 1998, Richmond 2017

so am I right in interpreting these stats like this L2

in the last 25 years, 66% of the time Richmond win the premiership, they used 38 or more players?

and we could make it 75% this year?