The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Not sure anyone actually rates Jack Martin.
The thing with Martin is he was a highly touted junior who went no.1 in the minI draft, so you know, he must be good. He averages 0.8 goals and 15 possessions a game. If he was a 23 yr old rookie who’d worked his way up through the ranks and the state league his career would’ve been over years ago.

Reactions: 1 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The thing with Martin is he was a highly touted junior who went no.1 in the minI draft, so you know, he must be good. He averages 0.8 goals and 15 possessions a game. If he was a 23 yr old rookie who’d worked his way up through the ranks and the state league his career would’ve been over years ago.
I remember his first game. It was against us. The way the media bigged him up he was going to win the Rising Star, the Brownlow and the Norm Smith all in his debut year. Then he got injured before half time and that was about as good as it ever got for him.

Reactions: 1 user