The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say

Fair enough, Robert.
That's what this forum is all about.

I don't rate him.
I have him in the Tom Mitchell (another Brownlow winner) category.
Huge accumulator of meaningless stats that rarely hurt the oppo.

That's the beauty of this forum.
Everyone has their own ideas.
Love it.

Roll on Thursday!
In the last game we played, he slaughtered us, on his own. 39 disposals, 15 clearances. He's a superstar. https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=10742

Reactions: 1 user
Darcy Moore looked to be very overrated when our Lynchy kicked 6 on him last year.

It's interesting reading the different opinions. Surprised to see the below names, I'd take them in a heart beat at Tigers

Neale
Heeney
Moore (maybe said in jest)
Gray (Robbie G was a gun)
Lever (I think he has improved immensely as a footballer, esp in one-on-ones)

Reactions: 4 users
Joe "the goose" Daniher for me. The great white hype.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
It's interesting reading the different opinions. Surprised to see the below names, I'd take them in a heart beat at Tigers

Neale
Heeney
Moore (maybe said in jest)
Gray (Robbie G was a gun)
Lever (I think he has improved immensely as a footballer, esp in one-on-ones)

How about pendlebury?

Like saying Cotchy is overrated

Reactions: 2 users
They're all overrated until they pull on your club's guernsey. AFL supporters 101.

But I'll add a couple: Zac Williams, Mitch McGovern.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I'd say Stringer and to a lesser extent Joe Daniher. It isn't that Joe Daniher isn't a good player, just nowhere near as good as he is made out to be.

Pendlebury may be a little irritating, nowhere near as irritating as the commentators constantly referencing that apparently he once played some other sport which has a round orange ball, but he is a quality player. Would have loved to have him at Richmond. Can't see how he could be described as over-rated (maybe over-rated as a basketballer, who knows, I don't follow the game but he did switch to Aussie Rules).

DS

Mitch McGovern.
Dylan Shields
Cam Guthrie
Adam Saad
Rory Sloane
Liam Jones
Dale Thomas
Dan Butler
Tim Kelly.
Jack Viney
Noah Balta

Tom De koning from blues atm.

23yr old done nothing as yet. Looks a million dollars but yet to produce. He ain’t a forward so I guess he is a ruck.

This season will go along way to seeing if he is any good.

Same age as Miller and output similar.

They're all overrated until they pull on your club's guernsey. AFL supporters 101.

But I'll add a couple: Zac Williams, Mitch McGovern.
Williams can play but the Blues they paid a premium wage for a very good HB.

Hewett and Cerra going into the middle with Cripps and Walsh, should've seen Williams back to the HBF where he played his best footy.

Has been injury plagued since he arrived at "Pigs Arse" Park.

Interestingly both McGovern and Williams were having big impacts at the Crows and Gee Whizz respectively prior to the Blues grabbing them both.

They've both offered nothing like that form since they pulled on the Old Dark Navy.

Last edited: