The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Most Continually Overrated Player In The Game By The Media? Have Your Say

I really want to say Naitanui, but it's gotta be Charlie Dixon for mine. To quote what I said in a thread about him last year:

"He's a massive fraud. Averages about 1.7 goals per game across a career where, at worst, he's been 2nd banana and for much of it the no. 1 key forward.

If he was a few inches shorter he would've been out of the AFL years ago."

Reactions: 4 users
Interestingly both McGovern and Williams were having big impacts at the Crows and Gee Whizz respectively prior to the Blues grabbing them both.

They've both offered nothing like that form since they pulled on the Old Dark Navy.
On McGovern- he was overrated at the Crows- he was playing as a 4th tall, and showed flashes, but not a heap- the plan was for him to become no2 forward at Carlton and start having a greater impact. It didnt happen, the injuries continued and now they are trying him as a backman.
Like Saad, Williams, and Martin The Blues overpaid on what they thought he could produce rather than what he ever had.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Cam Rayner. Hasn’t done much but the commentators go up a few decibels when he’s near the ball.

Last edited:
I'd like to add Saad to this list. Media build him up as if he's the greatest half back of all time. Dan Rioli *smile* all over him.

Reactions: 3 users
Jack Bowes. The steal of the trade period who was guaranteed a game ...
I think he was injured.

Overrated, I’ll go Bailey Smith. His profile far, far outstrips his on-field achievements.

In the spirit of fairness I’ll give a teammate of his the massively underrated award. Come on down Jack MacRae. An absolutely elite midfielder that quietly goes about his business week in week out never getting the praise that some of his more glamorous teammates seem to get whether it’s deserved or (in most cases) not.