The Murdocracy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Murdocracy

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It's a bit like the RBA, whatever they do, the banks follow (not all the time, but mostly). My previous employer just kept on following Dopey Dan's rules everytime masks were on and off (when we REALLY didn't need to wear them given how empty the office was and adjusted seating). Who knows what that pandemic bill covers....it worries me.

In the end, it really is between the employee and employer as to WFH rules. Dopey Dan just wants to make his dead town city look great again. Public transport here is uhmm......

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Yeah guess Dan's way to busy ordering everyone else exactly what to do n when to do it to even bother thinking about suggesting that it's time for Govt paid office workers to go back to work in the Govt office.
Wow. What a weak response.

Facts are, no head of government has, nor will they ever, for patently obvious reasons, tell any employer that their staff have to work in an office. And by the way, the article was in reference to the full workforce - not just public - making the statement even more absurd (if that’s possible).

RWNJ hysterics at its best.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The public service would go back to work on the basis of what the head of the public service says, not the government. The government doesn't really do day to day operations. The orders around whether people are at work are health orders. Wise to slow the spread at the moment I would have thought, we're getting the numbers down and the numbers in hospital are reducing so looks like the strategy is working.

As for the pandemic bill, we know what is in the bill, we saw it a couple of weeks ago. The advice given to the government was made public within 2 weeks because the pandemic law they passed late last year requires this. The pandemic bill mandates transparency, something I applaud and certainly am not worried about.

DS

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
As soon it’s above $1,000 should be declared. Anyone who argues differently like Campbell is an idiot.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Anything over $1,000 declared and only citizens can donate so they can't hide it behind some dodgy trust.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
The HS’s headline article today was the quality of fireworks last night and how it was a “kick in the guts” for Victorians.

FMD… you couldn’t make this stuff up if you tried.
They missed a trick, Headline should have been Crap Crackers a Kick in the Knackers.

Might go for a job there!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not Murdoch, but Costello's Fairfax.

Sydney rail this week, Government shut down the railway. SMH went with "Strike" despite it not being a strike.

Someone has leaked the chat where the reporters are being told by Bevan to call it a strike, despite said reporters not wanting too. MediaWatch might be the only place this gets reported.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Another classic piece of editorial headline mis truths today by the HS. Screaming headlines that read that Australians have been “ordered” to leave Russia immediately and then “told” to leave Russia when in fact the DFAT statement is:

“If you’re in Russia, consider leaving by commercial or private means if it’s safe to do so,” DFAT said.

Get more reality out of a comic book.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Shameless propaganda by a US media mob interfering in our democratic process. No Labor or independent candidate throughout the entire country would ever get coverage like that.
You should read the NYT today. They have dedicated the front pages and numerous pages thereafter to the destruction of democracy that Tucker Carlson and Fox have undertaken in the USA.

Endless, shameless and unaccountable lies and fear mongering, outright racism etc and the perils thereof in America.

It’s quite an expose.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If the ALP wins and don't go after Murdoch they are simply spineless and brainless. They cow-tow to the Murdoch media all the time and this is the treatment they get. Time to get serious and screw them over very badly.

DS

Reactions: 3 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
If the ALP wins and don't go after Murdoch they are simply spineless and brainless. They cow-tow to the Murdoch media all the time and this is the treatment they get. Time to get serious and screw them over very badly.

DS
There should be changes to media law in this country otherwise we'll start having the same problems they're having in the USA - if we aren't already.

Reactions: 2 users
< Brexited | China >