The Murdocracy | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Murdocracy

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The best part about this award* is his influence must be waning so he needs a voice.

Also noticed the other day that The Ostralian was scrambling to praise Victorians. Give us a break.

Hopefully a sign his influence & cashflow is in serious decline.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
For eighty years, during wars, floods, fires, cyclones etc people would tune in every day at 0745 am for the ABC news, to hear how loved ones might be faring. ScoMo's ABC funding cuts put an end to that though, it got axed a few months ago:mad:

RIP ABC, Morrison and Murdoch will eventually kill you.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
The Shot with another banger of an article:

Hard to argue against any of that. But are you a subscriber just because you have foxtel?

I've got foxtel and I watched during the US election debacle to see them squirm but all those "news" presenters/journalists are unwatchable. Does simply having foxtel mean you are a subscriber?

I doubt they have too many regular viewers under 50? Not sure they are influencing anyone other than the rusted on?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I doubt they have too many regular viewers under 50? Not sure they are influencing anyone other than the rusted on?

No doubt that's how it started in the US as well.

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
Hard to argue against any of that. But are you a subscriber just because you have foxtel?

I've got foxtel and I watched during the US election debacle to see them squirm but all those "news" presenters/journalists are unwatchable. Does simply having foxtel mean you are a subscriber?

The 1.2m subscribers are youtube subscribers. I saw an analysis a while ago which concluded that Sky News main aim was to appeal to youtube subscribers and that they are ahead of other news orgs in seeing the possibilities of youtube.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Jeezus. Do they just put replays of their news service on there? Or perhaps they upload even more scripted targeted garbage?

The best award-winning journalists with unique and exclusive insights. Fearless opinions from the big names who are passionate about the country we live in.

Just had a look, they don't actually have to pay to be a "subscriber" so hopefully there aren't 1.2M people being brainwashed every day. You only have to click on Subscribe and you are a subscriber without putting in any details.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I watch Sky News once a week.

I think of it as how i imagine a pap smear of the brain thinks

Of the heavily subsidised 100 thousand odd viewers,

Id be the only one with all lobes functioning and cooperating to enable critical thought.

Even though its extremly difficult to sit through (mrs EZ goes off her chops in one ear, and ive got to keep the other on peta credlin),

Its helps me understand how to do my duty to maintain a little truthfulfullness and kindness.

Its pretty inconsequential. Nasty lightweights spewing bileous nonsense at pretty much nobody.

One trick ive learnt though, if anyone other than your mother or a school teacher starts talking about common sense,

Tell them your about to defacate in your pants

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
As the article points out, Sky News is on the TVs at parliament house and in airport lounges. They have insidious ways of peddling their crap to people who never asked for it.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
There's nothing wrong with Rupert Murdoch a good ********* wouldn't fix.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Just when you think the Herald Scum couldn't stoop any lower, then they post this early this morning...

TODAY.jpg

I came into work today and met with panicked staff. This garbage is just not necessary.

• Angry
< Brexited | China >