The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
5 years ago today since the mighty Chris Cornell from Soundgarden passed away.

From the first moment I heard this song on Badmotorfinger I thought he was the greatest rock voice I've ever heard.

Saw him do an acoustic set at the Palais about 6 months before he passed, was awesome, brilliant voice. Hard to reconcile that someone who seemed to have everything going for him had so many internal demons. I wanted to be him.

Audioslave were awesome, Chris from Soundgarden and Tom, Tim and Brad from Rage Against The Machine. Pure rock, only guitars, bass, drums, and vocals were used to create their sound.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Back when Musicians controlled their own music.
Beside which Kate Bush is awesome. Good to see the kids falling in love with her too through Stranger Things.

Kate Bush is laughing. Her 37 year old song is now number 1. She didn't like lending her songs until this. It's like finding an old Div 1 winning Tatts ticket hidden under the carpet for 20 years.

Hey, Gen Z and Millennials, this is our song!! GEN X!! :))

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Alestorm, my favourite Scottish, pirate themed heavy metal band are coming to Australia in November

Booked tickets for Perth gig, looks like Melbourne sold out

Do yourself a favour .....................................................

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Alestorm, my favourite Scottish, pirate themed heavy metal band are coming to Australia in November

Bugger. Tried to get tickets but yep, sold out.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
I bought my tickets for The Killers in December.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003

FMD. Tweeny pop metal, I can't unhear that crap.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Kasey Chambers with this ball-tearing cover of Eminem's Lose Yourself. Goosebumps.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Been listening to a heap of Eddie Van Halen. Not so much Van Halen the band but his specific guitar work, interviews, demo and studio sessions, appearances with other bands and musos. That sort of stuff.

Far out the man could play. Unreal. Bit like BB King in that he could never read music. He just “played”.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Kasey Chambers with this ball-tearing cover of Eminem's Lose Yourself. Goosebumps.

Another that's never been much of a Kasey fan, but FMD. Certainly shreds the arse out of that one. Massive.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Gone back to Crowded House again. They are just perfect.

Reactions: 1 users