The Music Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Music Thread

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Springsteen or Billy Joel?
Springsteen can vary his setlists wildly. So if you get a good one, it's fantastic but you can also be unlucky and get a bit of a snooze fest if he focuses on songs/albums that are not your favourite.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
LOL guilty secret...I know what you mean.

In the late 80s and 90s, I used to see about 3 bands a week in Melbourne, was such an awesome live music scene in Melbourne pre-pokies. Went with a couple of mates who were mainly into rockabilly and punk. Our favorite bands were The Ramones, The Cramps, The Smiths, The Saints...saw them all live except The Smiths.

The thing was, I also liked Billy Joel but I kept this from my mates. I would have been an outcast had they known...you know what it's like when you're young. To my mates it was rockabilly and punk or nothing. I appreciated many genres and still do. When asked what kind of music I like, I usually answer that I don't like death metal and I don't like opera, but anything between them is pretty cool.

Saw Billy on the weekend, was awesome. Funny watching 50/60s something men dancing in the aisle to Billy Joel. Knew all the songs...was just a big singalong.
Agreed, took me until 2017 to admit to liking Billy Joel. But i sang out loud all night!

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Didn't do Honesty. Some other tracks I would have loved to have heard were Captain Jack, Say Goodbye to Hollywood, Angry Young Man, Goodnight Saigon although no complaints with what he played.

Didn't think he would play Capt Jack considering his young kids were at the show. You can imagine "Daddy! Daddy! What does the chorus mean in Captain Jack?
I'm a fan of Lullabye. Used to sing that to my son every night when he was young.
Also would have liked to have heard..Time to Remember, Baby Grand, Tell Her About it. More 80s.
So many hits!:cool:

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Took my daughter to see The Killers, i only knew about 6 songs but they definitely put on a good show. Unfortunately I couldn’t go to Billy Joel or GNR but got tickets for RHCP in Feb ‘23.

Reactions: 2 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Took my daughter to see The Killers, i only knew about 6 songs but they definitely put on a good show. Unfortunately I couldn’t go to Billy Joel or GNR but got tickets for RHCP in Feb ‘23.
Enjoyed the killers. Hadn’t seen them live since half time 2017 GF!

Arctic Monkeys this Thursday at Myer Music Bowl.

Reactions: 1 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Enjoyed the killers. Hadn’t seen them live since half time 2017 GF!

Arctic Monkeys this Thursday at Myer Music Bowl.
me too. Plus I am heading there tonight for the Falls Festival. Looking forward to seeing Amyl and the Sniffers as well.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Few people realise Karen Carpenter was a brilliant drummer. Check her out at just 18 years of age. Look at her go…

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Don’t know if this has been posted before and didn’t know where else to place this random message, but…
Great form from the Supersucker’s guitarists on the right here

1681035149223.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Lewis Capaldi documentary on Netflix got me back listening to his stuff.

His new EP is brilliant, lyrics so telling after watching the doco.

The man is going through it.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Hopefully they come back to Australia one last time. Saw them years ago in the early 90s & they were great live.
Recent performances I've seen show they've still got it but like all bands from that era their time is close.

Gee when was theast time they toured? Remember seeing them in the eslarly 90s but not after that. Their slide into over wrought ballads didn't help.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
New QOTSA album. Will give it a few more goes but on first listening, pretty average. Very samey.