The other games - The Semi Finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The other games - The Semi Finals

I think that rule might have come in after the scott brothers targetted a young, injured N Riewoldt?

Reactions: 1 users
finally its not just us who hate ray chamberlain. al Brisbane and all western Sydney hate him now too

Reactions: 1 user
Is that really what the rule was written for though? Isn't this rule designed to protect a player who is injured on the ground from players hitting them there and then. If they know they are injured and decide to play on, then they shouldn't be provided any additional protection than any other player.
I doubt that was what it was written for but that is where our game struggles with vague rules

Paul Roo’s is on crack.
He reckons the umpires have been good.
Open your opens dipshhiit.

He is a disgrace
He needs to just shut the eff up. God he just constantly prattles on and what's with all this "Thanks Mate" crap. Loves to thear himself talk. Hate to say it but Stevic best ump on the ground atm.

It’s not me you disagree with, it’s the rule book. When I first saw it, I was surprised by the reaction of the commentary as I thought it wasn’t legal anymore. ( so I looked it up) I agree, it’s a terrible rule because what constitutes an injured player but that is the rule the ump is referring to

Definition of injury in this rule was originally with regard to a playing leaving the ground in pain due to an injury.

Having a jab and continuing the game means the player is no longer classified as injured - he’s just sore at that point.

Misinterpreting the words of the rule is easy to do because it’s so vague, but technically it’s not supposed to be a free unless the player can’t compete.

It’s pretty *smile* obvious Cameron is badly injured and it’s pretty *smile* obvious players were targeting his injured elbow. It is is against the spirit of the game and the rulesI really don’t understand the problem people on here have with it

Reactions: 5 users
Collingwood have the easiest game next week.
Both teams tonight are crap

It’s pretty ******* obvious Cameron is badly injured and it’s pretty ******* obvious players were targeting his injured elbow. It is is against the spirit of the game and the rulesI really don’t understand the problem people on here have with it

He’s just sore, not injured.

If he was injured he wouldn’t be on the ground.

If he’s on painkillers then he’s fair game because performance enablers shouldn’t carry special rules.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s pretty ******* obvious Cameron is badly injured and it’s pretty ******* obvious players were targeting his injured elbow. It is is against the spirit of the game and the rulesI really don’t understand the problem people on here have with it
The dumpire shouldn't be coaching.

Greene is a gun.
Imagine
Dusty lynch Greene.
We would kick 20 goals 22 weeks in a row

Toby Greene with his hands near the eyes of a player on the ground again. What is it with this tip rat?

Lions are nowhere near a number 2 team. I reckon with Hogde retiring, they'll drop to mid-table next season.

Crap - he is playing pretty damn good for an "injured" player. If he cant take a couple of pulls and knocks to the arm then get off the field...

Hope GWS win.
They’ll battle ram Collingwood all game.

Reactions: 2 users