The PRE 2009 Draft Comp - Rules and confirmation of involvement thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The PRE 2009 Draft Comp - Rules and confirmation of involvement thread

pharace said:
Guess I don't care about any perceived bias - there will bias among the coaches anyway - nothing new really. Call him a commentator, spruiker, promotor, don;t really care, it's just that commentator has a footy feel to it.

Basically we can have a comp where basically only the coaches will vote - nice - but a bit boring from a results perspective - or we can try and involve the whole forum as much as possible. This has two possible outcomes...1) hopefully gets a greater and diverse spread of votes.........and 2) might make doing this next year a little easier with more poeple wanting to have a crack cos they've seen and heard about it this year.

I'm all for swaying the opinions of others in this instance. It's a game. Maybe we could make the commentator's role (or call the bastard whatever you want - just don't let Phanto pick his name :hihi ) to try and even up any game as it is progressing with some creative but truthful posting - again don't really care if it sways opinions - would almost be nice to see if that can happen and anyway, and it would give Capt a chance then >:D :hihi.

Anyway, will respond more later - I'm being pressed for a family outing.............. :spin

I'm not fussed I'm just not sure that the ideal person for this commentary thing is out there...I mean...

Tigers of Old? One of my fave posters and people on here...

But he has no personality.

(Joking mate..no..not you Pharace...that was to...ToO... ;D >:D :stir)

It would be good to have someone like ToO involved that was why I tried to get him involved in the first place but he was too lazy. ;D

As always I shall bow down to your undoubtable wisdom on all things life and football Pharace ;D, just raising first thoughts.

I do agree it's better than having coaches vote, the coaches will be able to vote on a truer understanding of the rules/spirit...but more people makes it more interesting and chances for diversity in each match greater.

Really not fussed which way it goes, just rattling of thoughts, I'll go along with the common consensus or the decree of the King happily. :)

P.S: I'll draw the line though if we have to pay homage to King Toohey. ;D

Well I'm already doing it to King Julian, so you might as well........ ;D

It's not my comp, as I've said adnausium, just trying to suggest some stuff thta might spice it up a bit :yawn AND grow our audience, which would be great for next year.

Maybe 100 voters was ambitious, but I've never been that caught out shooting for the stars and only getting to the moon ;)

The way I'd really like it to go, we'd need 8 people / one for each game, to really sell the game on the main board - even sell their game against other games. The more abrasion the more interest I guess.

But in the end, like you, I'll go with the flow. Not one to let an idea die easily though ;D

pharace said:
It's not my comp, as I've said adnausium, just trying to suggest some stuff thta might spice it up a bit :yawn AND grow our audience, which would be great for next year.

Put your comb and hand mirror down mate...when I was referring to the King, I didn't mean you or Toohey's...hell I know you don't have any stroke around here ;D....I was referring to U2. ;)

I just put the wisdom line in their about you to be nice as I didn't want you feeling left out. >:D

Dyer Disciple said:
I just put the wisdom line in their about you to be nice as I didn't want you feeling left out. >:D

Not a problem mate, very impressed you've spelt it right twice now..your own 'wisdom' is looking up :hihi