The Red Sea !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The Red Sea !!

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
It was only a matter of time.

It’s confounding that these aggressors and murderers set the tone and an invitation for retaliation.
I only hope precision bombing doesn’t affect the innocent. The rest, well they get what they deserve.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I only hope precision bombing doesn’t affect the innocent.
Ummmm. It's kabooming Willo.
Unfortunately mobs like Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis always do their work from behind a screen of women, children and innocent mug punters, specifically so that they can scream blue murder when the big bad Satans crack the *smile* n chuck a few kabooms back at them.

Reactions: 2 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The US and UK crushing any resistance to Israel's genocide of the Palestinians. A clear message to Lebanon, Syria and Iran.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I certainly don’t condone attacking ships in the Red Sea, like the Hamas attack it is actually counter productive apart from anything else.
However we need to understand why the Houthis exist. They are the rebels fighting the Saudi backed government in Yemen. They are backed by Iran so the US backs the Saudis. There are no good guys and bad guys in that conflict. The Yemen government is corrupt and brutal, the Houthi rebels are clearly no better.
The good guys versus bad guys slant on this conflict is too simplistic.
In the end imo the base issue is freedom and autonomy for Palestinians. There are those who are doing things supposedly in support of that which are very unhelpful to that cause because and attacking ships in the Red Sea is one of them.
I heard a British politician speaking about it and he said that whilst we are talking about houthis we are not concentrating on the 25000 Palestinians killed and the destruction of 50% of Gaza and that is not helping the Palestinian cause.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
I certainly don’t condone attacking ships in the Red Sea, like the Hamas attack it is actually counter productive apart from anything else.
However we need to understand why the Houthis exist. They are the rebels fighting the Saudi backed government in Yemen. They are backed by Iran so the US backs the Saudis. There are no good guys and bad guys in that conflict. The Yemen government is corrupt and brutal, the Houthi rebels are clearly no better.
In the end imo the base issue is freedom and autonomy for Palestinians. There are those who are doing things supposedly in support of that which are very unhelpful to that cause because and attacking ships in the Red Sea is one of them.
I heard a British politician speaking about it and he said that whilst we are talking about houthis we are not concentrating on the 25000 Palestinians killed and the destruction of 50% of Gaza and that is not helping the Palestinian cause.
More rot from Sin. Heard a Uk polly yacking Whats his/her name ?.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Well there is one common denominator, that is Iran.
The Houthis are a branch of Shia. Houthis were in conflict with the Saudis (Sunni). Hence Iran backing the Houthis as Iran are vehemently opposed to Saudi.
Hamas don’t give a fig for the Palestinian cause, they are vehemently anti Israel and are hellbent on Israel’s destruction as are Iran.
Hezbollah the same. All are proxies of Iran.
Iran was pissed off with Muslim countries signing the Abraham Accords. Jordan, Morocco, Bahrain, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Sudan*, with the aim to get non Arab Muslim states to follow suit.
Saudi Arabia was looking at signing it as well.

Iran could see it would be sidelined.
So
1. It wanted to escalate the Gaza/Israel conflict knowing full well that Hamas would hide behind Gaza’s citizens and Israel would be coming after Hamas with everything they have. Who could blame Israel with Hamas killing and firing rockets and mortars indiscriminately for 20 years. Of course Israel was going to respond. As would any country that was being attacked They had no other option.
2. The many ethnic tribes (Kurds, Azeri,Arabs, Turkmen etc) are causing unrest in Iran. The Persian elite (61% of the population) want to distract the Iranian populace from any local collective uprising by having Israel be the focus of their hate. The mullahs are losing it and will kill off anyone who helps them stay in power. Either home or abroad. But the easiest target is Israel.
3. The mullahs are to blame for the innocent Palestinian casualties. Their actions have provoked the response they sort. Their anti Zion, anti Israel, anti Jew hate speech and support of terrorists has struck a chord with so many.

That group are now working for Iran and the mad, murderous mullahs. They’ve bent public opinion to their benefit, they’ve sat back and are gleeful that so many deaths have turned people against Israel. Hoping that in the meanwhile no one notices their blood drenched fingers are all over it.

My opinion of course. One shared by anyone with an ounce of commonsense. They can see the real enemy. The common denominator who arms and ferments these hostilities

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wog & Frogs showing their renowned colours .

Ah, so you're not just racist against Australia's indigenous, it's against any nationality, race or culture that you're scared of.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Ah, so you're not just racist against Australia's indigenous, it's against any nationality, race or culture that you're scared of.

Good you know who I am talking about. The Boche kept their hands in their pocket as well.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Well there is one common denominator, that is Iran.
The Houthis are a branch of Shia. Houthis were in conflict with the Saudis (Sunni). Hence Iran backing the Houthis as Iran are vehemently opposed to Saudi.
Hamas don’t give a fig for the Palestinian cause, they are vehemently anti Israel and are hellbent on Israel’s destruction as are Iran.
Hezbollah the same. All are proxies of Iran.
Iran was pissed off with Muslim countries signing the Abraham Accords. Jordan, Morocco, Bahrain, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Sudan*, with the aim to get non Arab Muslim states to follow suit.
Saudi Arabia was looking at signing it as well.

Iran could see it would be sidelined.
So
1. It wanted to escalate the Gaza/Israel conflict knowing full well that Hamas would hide behind Gaza’s citizens and Israel would be coming after Hamas with everything they have. Who could blame Israel with Hamas killing and firing rockets and mortars indiscriminately for 20 years. Of course Israel was going to respond. As would any country that was being attacked They had no other option.
2. The many ethnic tribes (Kurds, Azeri,Arabs, Turkmen etc) are causing unrest in Iran. The Persian elite (61% of the population) want to distract the Iranian populace from any local collective uprising by having Israel be the focus of their hate. The mullahs are losing it and will kill off anyone who helps them stay in power. Either home or abroad. But the easiest target is Israel.
3. The mullahs are to blame for the innocent Palestinian casualties. Their actions have provoked the response they sort. Their anti Zion, anti Israel, anti Jew hate speech and support of terrorists has struck a chord with so many.

That group are now working for Iran and the mad, murderous mullahs. They’ve bent public opinion to their benefit, they’ve sat back and are gleeful that so many deaths have turned people against Israel. Hoping that in the meanwhile no one notices their blood drenched fingers are all over it.

My opinion of course. One shared by anyone with an ounce of commonsense. They can see the real enemy. The common denominator who arms and ferments these hostilities
So it’s your opinion but if you don’t share it you don’t have any common sense ?
Lol
I think you need to read what I wrote again I.e. separate Hamas from the Palestinian people and the Palestinian cause. Don’t judge the righteousness of Palestinian autonomy and justice for Palestinians on what Hamas does , or the Houthis.
Of course Iran is behind some of these groups but they didn’t form them, they are using them as waging proxy wars without getting directly involved. Hezbollah as an example was formed after Israel invaded Lebanon in the 1980s, Iran got involved later. I don’t condone Hezbollah’s tactics but I understand why they exist.
There is only one state who is responsible for the innocent civilians being killed in Gaza and that is Israel. They could stop it tomorrow and negotiate for peace. Blaming mullahs and Iran and uncle Tom Cobbly is a diversion from the main issue which is the persecution of the Palestinian people by the Zionist state of Israel.
If you want to hear hate speech, have a listen to some of the stuff that is coming out of Israel. There are groups who don’t accept Israel’s right to exist including Hamas but there is also a group who don’t accept the right to exist of a Palestinian state and they are not just saying it, they are doing it.
That’s my opinion of course, and I suspect some people with common sense might agree.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
So it’s your opinion but if you don’t share it you don’t have any common sense ?
Lol
I think you need to read what I wrote again I.e. separate Hamas from the Palestinian people and the Palestinian cause. Don’t judge the righteousness of Palestinian autonomy and justice for Palestinians on what Hamas does , or the Houthis.
Of course Iran is behind some of these groups but they didn’t form them, they are using them as waging proxy wars without getting directly involved. Hezbollah as an example was formed after Israel invaded Lebanon in the 1980s, Iran got involved later. I don’t condone Hezbollah’s tactics but I understand why they exist.
There is only one state who is responsible for the innocent civilians being killed in Gaza and that is Israel. They could stop it tomorrow and negotiate for peace. Blaming mullahs and Iran and uncle Tom Cobbly is a diversion from the main issue which is the persecution of the Palestinian people by the Zionist state of Israel.
If you want to hear hate speech, have a listen to some of the stuff that is coming out of Israel. There are groups who don’t accept Israel’s right to exist including Hamas but there is also a group who don’t accept the right to exist of a Palestinian state and they are not just saying it, they are doing it.
That’s my opinion of course, and I suspect some people with common sense might agree.
That sentence wasn't directed personally at you mate. But yes, it is true.

It’s difficult to seperate Hamas, Hezbollah, the old PLO from the “everyday” Palestinians when they operate from behind the general populations.
I can totally understand the angst the “everyday” Palestinians have. But anyone who gives tacit approval to how the terrorists operate is complicit and they know the outcome.

No doubt there are many, many Palestinians who only want peace and to exist. They’re the innocent paying a horrific price. Which in no way, shape or form do I agree with.

When do the “everyday” Palestinians get to have a vote on who governs them? Hamas won’t give up power voluntarily.

Will that much “vaunted” organisation, the U.N. do anything? Apart from having another vote. Will they organise a peacekeeping force and organise elections? What happens if Hamas (if it exists) is voted in again?

As for Iran. They are the major source funding, (also from other sources eg Qatar) arming, training the terrorists. If Hamas, Hizbollah and the Houthis didn’t have thousands of rockets and weapons and technical know how supplied mainly by Iran, these groups would lack the means to carry out almost daily attacks on Israel.

I don’t who uncle Tom Cobbly is so I haven’t blamed him at all.

But yes the mad mullahs and Iran are the puppet masters. It wouldn’t surprise me if Israel is prepared to lob a couple of tactical nukes on the mullahs. But is held back by the US.
And yes it is your opinion and you make your point succinctly. In the main, people with common sense would agree with you.

Palestinians have had opportunities to coexist and improve their economy and lifestyle. How many proposals has Israel agreed to over the years but been knocked back by the Palestinian power brokers?
The Camp David Accords, the Oslo Accords, the Abraham Accords. Mainly came to nought because Palestinian hardliners wanted nothing less than the total destruction of Israel.
Most, if not all these terrorist groups say they act on behalf of the “everyday” Palestinian but that couldn’t be further than the truth. They don’t give a flying *smile* about their own people. Never have and never will. Meanwhile the top Hamas leadership live the good life in Qatar mansions

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
That sentence wasn't directed personally at you mate. But yes, it is true.

It’s difficult to seperate Hamas, Hezbollah, the old PLO from the “everyday” Palestinians when they operate from behind the general populations.
I can totally understand the angst the “everyday” Palestinians have. But anyone who gives tacit approval to how the terrorists operate is complicit and they know the outcome.

No doubt there are many, many Palestinians who only want peace and to exist. They’re the innocent paying a horrific price. Which in no way, shape or form do I agree with.

When do the “everyday” Palestinians get to have a vote on who governs them? Hamas won’t give up power voluntarily.

Will that much “vaunted” organisation, the U.N. do anything? Apart from having another vote. Will they organise a peacekeeping force and organise elections? What happens if Hamas (if it exists) is voted in again?

As for Iran. They are the major source funding, (also from other sources eg Qatar) arming, training the terrorists. If Hamas, Hizbollah and the Houthis didn’t have thousands of rockets and weapons and technical know how supplied mainly by Iran, these groups would lack the means to carry out almost daily attacks on Israel.

I don’t who uncle Tom Cobbly is so I haven’t blamed him at all.

But yes the mad mullahs and Iran are the puppet masters. It wouldn’t surprise me if Israel is prepared to lob a couple of tactical nukes on the mullahs. But is held back by the US.
And yes it is your opinion and you make your point succinctly. In the main, people with common sense would agree with you.

Palestinians have had opportunities to coexist and improve their economy and lifestyle. How many proposals has Israel agreed to over the years but been knocked back by the Palestinian power brokers?
The Camp David Accords, the Oslo Accords, the Abraham Accords. Mainly came to nought because Palestinian hardliners wanted nothing less than the total destruction of Israel.
Most, if not all these terrorist groups say they act on behalf of the “everyday” Palestinian but that couldn’t be further than the truth. They don’t give a flying *smile* about their own people. Never have and never will. Meanwhile the top Hamas leadership live the good life in Qatar mansions
I will just say 3 things

1. Gaza is the area with Hamas as the government, Palestinians also live in the West Bank with the old PLO as the government. The old PLO has no military wing, it also acknowledged Israel’s right to exist in 1993 as part of the oslo agreement . Hezbollah operates in the open but in Lebanon not in Palestine. They were formed in response to the israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982.
2. We need the UN to do something and the vast majority of members are trying to do it. The US veto over the security council is end of story however.
They are doing something however, their employees are dying trying to bring aid to the citizens of Gaza. Last number I saw was 120 plus dead.
I have a friend who works for the WHO and one of his colleagues has just returned from 6 weeks working in a hospital in Gaza. It was bombed more than once whilst he was there but he expected that given he was a human shield for Hamas ( that’s sarcasm btw)
The UN would certainly arrange a peace keeping force if asked to arrange one.
3 The final point is the rub. To blame the Palestinians for the breakdown of the agreements made over the years is breathtaking. It is worthwhile remembering that it is the Israelis who still occupy East Jerusalem even though they agreed on power sharing, it is Israel who have annexed an area bigger than Singapore for settlers (much of it with violence) in the West Bank from land they agreed to be Palestinian in various agreements and it is Israel who conducts the siege of Gaza basically turning it into an open air prison. All of these things are in contravention of agreements Israel made.

I find it truly amazing that Israel could do so much to the Palestinians over so many years and still act as the victim.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
It is Israel which made very sure that the Oslo Accords would not succeed, Netanyahu in particular.

Israel has no intention of allowing a Palestinian State, they prefer to create a giant ghetto in Gaza and slowly reduce the amount of territory the Palestinians live in by creating more and more settlements.

And again, no, under international law a country does not have the right to respond to acts of resistance by occupied peoples. Israel, as the occupying power, does not have the right to self defence. To gain that right it must end the occupation. To continue to present themselves as somehow the victim Israel is losing what little credibility it had, occupying powers are not victims.

If anyone is wondering why South Africa took the case to the ICJ, always remember how the Israeli government not only allied with the apartheid regime in South Africa, but helped them militarily to the extent of helping the apartheid regime get the bomb. And that was back when the Israeli government wasn't run by a bunch of right wing nutjobs who want to push the Palestinians out or the West Bank and Gaza.

DS

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
It is Israel which made very sure that the Oslo Accords would not succeed, Netanyahu in particular.

Israel has no intention of allowing a Palestinian State, they prefer to create a giant ghetto in Gaza and slowly reduce the amount of territory the Palestinians live in by creating more and more settlements.

And again, no, under international law a country does not have the right to respond to acts of resistance by occupied peoples. Israel, as the occupying power, does not have the right to self defence. To gain that right it must end the occupation. To continue to present themselves as somehow the victim Israel is losing what little credibility it had, occupying powers are not victims.

If anyone is wondering why South Africa took the case to the ICJ, always remember how the Israeli government not only allied with the apartheid regime in South Africa, but helped them militarily to the extent of helping the apartheid regime get the bomb. And that was back when the Israeli government wasn't run by a bunch of right wing nutjobs who want to push the Palestinians out or the West Bank and Gaza.

DS
South Africa a puppet of Russia & the charge of Genocide not worth a pinch of salt.

South Africa allied with Russia in the invasion of Ukraine.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
I will just say 3 things

1. Gaza is the area with Hamas as the government, Palestinians also live in the West Bank with the old PLO as the government. The old PLO has no military wing, it also acknowledged Israel’s right to exist in 1993 as part of the oslo agreement . Hezbollah operates in the open but in Lebanon not in Palestine. They were formed in response to the israeli invasion of Lebanon in 1982.
2. We need the UN to do something and the vast majority of members are trying to do it. The US veto over the security council is end of story however.
They are doing something however, their employees are dying trying to bring aid to the citizens of Gaza. Last number I saw was 120 plus dead.
I have a friend who works for the WHO and one of his colleagues has just returned from 6 weeks working in a hospital in Gaza. It was bombed more than once whilst he was there but he expected that given he was a human shield for Hamas ( that’s sarcasm btw)
The UN would certainly arrange a peace keeping force if asked to arrange one.
3 The final point is the rub. To blame the Palestinians for the breakdown of the agreements made over the years is breathtaking. It is worthwhile remembering that it is the Israelis who still occupy East Jerusalem even though they agreed on power sharing, it is Israel who have annexed an area bigger than Singapore for settlers (much of it with violence) in the West Bank from land they agreed to be Palestinian in various agreements and it is Israel who conducts the siege of Gaza basically turning it into an open air prison. All of these things are in contravention of agreements Israel made.

I find it truly amazing that Israel could do so much to the Palestinians over so many years and still act as the victim.
I read recently that Israel have increased their violence against and evictions of Palestinians from their homes in the West Bank while everyone is looking at Gaza.

How the *smile* can there be any sort of peace while Israel continue to do this, as they have over the last 5 decades?

The West is p!ssweak for not calling this out. It should be a non-negotiable...stop stealing Palestinian land, or you're on your own.

We joke that certain footy players must have photos to be getting a game. Israel must have a suitcase full for the sh!t they get away with.

I often wonder what the region would be like if Israel kept to the agreements they made.

These figures are from 2017:

1705196895638.png

Last edited:

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I read recently that Israel have increased their violence against and evictions of Palestinians from their homes in the West Bank while everyone is looking at Gaza.

How the *smile* can there be any sort of peace while Israel continue to do this, as they have over the last 5 decades?

The West is p!ssweak for not calling this out. It should be a non-negotiable...stop stealing Palestinian land, or you're on your own.

We joke that certain footy players must have photos to be getting a game. Israel must have a suitcase full for the sh!t they get away with.

I often wonder what the region would be like if Israel kept to the agreements they made.

These figures are from 2017:

View attachment 21593
Yep.

I mentioned the size of Singapore in an earlier post. Singapore is 71,000 hectares which is 30% less than the land taken by settlers as you have quoted.

Nico

You psychopathological reactionary!
Jul 1, 2004
Melbourne
Yep.

I mentioned the size of Singapore in an earlier post. Singapore is 71,000 hectares which is 30% less than the land taken by settlers as you have quoted.
As those figures were from 2017, I'd imagine it's significantly more that 100,000 hectares now.

Last edited: