The richmond vfl preliminary | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

The richmond vfl preliminary

Griff hobbling after a marking attempt before the end of the quarter.

34 Pts in front. HT

Game still alive.

Our third quarters haven't been the best. Have to come out as we did the first and put the game beyond the hawks.

tigerlove said:
Markov for McIntosh?

No.

But he seems like he'd be the first cab off the rank in the event of an injury to a HBF'er or wingman.

really good, hard, dashing game.

Hampsons form is reassuring too

Missed the first quarter. There is a strong breeze going to the end we kicked in the first quarter.

Thought our intensity dropped off a lot through the 2nd quarter and Box Hill lifted and was right on top but wasn't able to hit the scoreboard as much as it probably should have. 34 points is a good lead considering Hawks dominance in the mid part of the quarter.

Our backline stood up strong. Short, Markov, Garthwaite, Batchelor, Conca all good. Box Hill's mids were on top in 2nd quarter but Miles and Morris were both going well.

Our forward line was very stagnant. Moore the best of the bigs; Lennon and Griffiths not in the game in the 2nd quarter; they don't work hard enough. Stengle and Bolton are lively.

We upped the work rate late in the quarter and were able to consolidate with a couple of late goals but then let the Hawks kick a pretty easy goal late in the quarter.

If we keep the intensity and pressure up in the 3rd quarter we can set up a match winning lead with this breeze in the 3rd quarter.

Put the foot down Tigers!

Great goal, Tigers ... started down back (Markov) and then ended in the hands of Stengle who slotted it from 30

jb03 said:
Markov sensational.

Griffiths looks miles off it.

I wonder if he's confident enough to take the physical hits. He seems hesitant on the box.

Griffiths seems a little lost at sea out there ... not sure how he feels about committing himself to the contest.